• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best chances to get Disney exchange

vacationlover2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I want to get a 1BR Disney property (A DVC) in exchange for my 1 BR Aruba Surf Club. What time periods would be my best chances?

Would the end of April work?

Looking to 2008. Thanks!

Bill4728

Reaction score
I want to get a 1BR Disney property (A DVC) in exchange for my 1 BR Aruba Surf Club. What time periods would be my best chances?

Looking to 2008. Thanks!

A 1 bd at a disney resort in late April 2008 is possible. A unit in Sept or Oct would be a lock.

Exchanging for a 2bd is be very difficult almost anytime of year..

One thing to remember is that since you are trading a high value 1 bd, hoping for a high value 1 bd, you'll be able to put in an on going request. Therefore, unless someone has a higher trading power unit, you'll get your Disney unit for April 2008.

Last edited:

2Blessed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any thing is possible. I would suggest putting in a request with II, and then checking II several times a day/night. I usally check first thing in the morning, after work, and before bedtime. If I wake up in the wee hours for a bathroom call, I usually check II on my way back to bed. :) You can probably tell that I enjoy the seek and find method. :)

Brenda

mrfred

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the best strategy in getting a DVC unit was to check early (6:00 AM eastern was just before I set out for work) on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

As long as you're looking off-season, 2 bedroom units in Saratoga Springs are not uncommon, and Old Key West shows up as well. 1 bedroom units are more common. (relatively speaking, you'll only be seeing a handful of weeks.)

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I found the best strategy in getting a DVC unit was to check early (6:00 AM eastern was just before I set out for work) on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

As long as you're looking off-season, 2 bedroom units in Saratoga Springs are not uncommon, and Old Key West shows up as well. 1 bedroom units are more common. (relatively speaking, you'll only be seeing a handful of weeks.)

Have you thought about trading with a member? If you search the disboards, www.disboards.com and then select DVC rent/trade board you can post that you are interested in a like for like trade. I bet you will get someone who is interested. The only problem is the weekends. Weekends at WDW are super expensive for DVC owners, usually double the points, so don't be surprised if you get offered a five night week in trade for a seven night stay in the Aruba Marriott. You could even offer the lockoff side for seven nights in trade for a one bdrm DVC for five nights to make the deal more even.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
Have you thought about trading with a member? If you search the disboards, www.disboards.com and then select DVC rent/trade board you can post that you are interested in a like for like trade.

One thing to add, the disboards Rent/Trade posting rules are that you have to have a confirmed reservation at your home resort and can then post a Trade Offered thread at 6 months out or less only. You can request a week at a DVC in 2008 (this can be open-ended), but you must have a reservation in Aruba first. This limitation makes it difficult, I think, because you are looking for someone who can get their airfare and trip together at 6 months out or less.

You may be better off renting out your week and using the cash to rent DVC points for a 2008 reservation.

Last edited:

Colorado Belle

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm a DVC owner.
Because it is a 'points' resort, and because weekends cost higher points, as icy dog said, most DVC owners would rather rent out their points and use the cash to go somewhere else.

In addition to the disboards.com, which is rather restrictive in rental posts, I'd suggest mouseowners.com (go to the rental forum) as it allows posts for exchanges. It also divides rentals wanted and rentals offered and points to rent into separate categories, making it easier to navigate.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Looking to 2008. Thanks!
End of April is a fairly tough time, but not one of the toughest. May should be pretty easy.

No DVC units get deposited into II until 11 months out, so nothing for April 2008 will be available until at least May 2007.

An Aruba Surf is an expensive unit to use for an II trade. Have you considered buying a cheaper week for trading?

jim71

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about October? We were thinking about trying to exchange into DVC over our fall break.

Thanks,
Jim

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a lot of experience trading and searching for DVC, I have searched almost daily for the last 5 years or so. I can tell you that by far the easiest times are Jan and Sept any time after the holiday weekend. The other easier times are Feb, late April (depending on when Easter is), May, last Aug and Oct to Mid Dec excluding Thanksgiving. 2 BR units are not readily available but do come up from time to time. March, April and Summer do come up but not as often, as many weeks or as broad a date range and are more likely to be studios. They also tend to come up closer to the check in date. One thing to know is that it is important to have a resort with enough resort quality (5* simply is not good enough by itself). Put in a search and see what happens.

Colorado Belle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Re October DVC:
October is Food and Wine FEstival. It's really hard to get into DVC then, because its a great time for owners to visit! (Like me!)

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Re October DVC:
October is Food and Wine FEstival. It's really hard to get into DVC then, because its a great time for owners to visit! (Like me!)
It's not that hard to get an exchange in for that time.

Princess Sunflower

TUG Member
Reaction score
I actually saw a 1 bedroom at a Disney Resort available for exchange this past Saturday morning for Oct. I searched with my 2 bedroom Villa Roma week.

jim71

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should deposit my 2 bedroom for November 07 and try to get an exchange into a Disney 2 bedroom for October of 2008. I think I will try it.

I just joined II about a month ago and so I am very new to it. The main reason I joined was to try for an exchange into DVC. I also heard I might be able to get an AC for my deposit.

Thanks,
Jim

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if I should deposit my 2 bedroom for November 07 and try to get an exchange into a Disney 2 bedroom for October of 2008. I think I will try it.

I just joined II about a month ago and so I am very new to it. The main reason I joined was to try for an exchange into DVC. I also heard I might be able to get an AC for my deposit.

Thanks,
Jim

What size,season and resort is your deposit?

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks,
Jim
Regardless the trade power of your unit, your chances of a 2 BR are fairly slim for that time. If you have a lockoff and/or can make do with a 1 BR, you will be far better off. You can also get a 1 BR and separate studio and generally have the combined at check in into a 2 BR. Two exchange fees plus two $95 resort services fee but depending on what you're giving up, it might still be worth it.