Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Archives (read-only) > Ask RCI (Read/Search Only)

Ask RCI (Read/Search Only) RCI representatives participate in this forum to answer your questions about RCI policy and operation.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Old January 7, 2007, 08:53 AM   #1
riverdees05
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: OLCC, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, Landmark, Sweetbriar,Tree Tops-TN, Grand Timbers
RCI Credit card

How many points does it take for an exchange on my RCI - MBNA
credit card?
Old January 7, 2007, 11:02 AM   #2
riverside
TUG Member

Resorts: Windjammer Landing, St. Lucia; Royal Solaris, Cancun
go to www.rcieliterwards.rci.com for all of their redemption information. I think this is what you need:

Welcome to the RCI Reward Items redemption page, where you can truly make the most of your RCI Subscribing Membership. We'd like to tell you about two new RCI redemption products, RCI Member DollarsSM credits and the RCI Resort DollarsSM card:
RCI Member DollarsSM credits is a flexible and easy way to pay for RCI products and services (excluding RCI Travel). When you redeem for RCI Member Dollars, you will receive a credit to your RCI membership account that lets you pay for any RCI product or service including Membership Renewal, Exchange Fees and more. Once redeemed, simply call RCI Member Services to apply your RCI Member DollarsSM credits for RCI products and services. Weeks members: 1-800-338-7777 and Reward members: 1-800-968-7476.

RCI Member Dollar Reward Items Rewards Required Member Dollars
3,500 $25
7,000 $50
10,500 $75
13,500 $100
25,000 $200
48,000 $400

Last edited by riverside; January 7, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
Old January 8, 2007, 05:32 AM   #3
rkd

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 28, 06
RCI Credit card

RCI Credit card is our main card. You do get "bonus points" for RCI transactions made with the card.

THIS IS UNLIKE THE DISNEY CREDIT CARD WHERE YOU GET NO BONUS POINTS FOR DISNEY TRANSACTIONS.

In the years we have had it we have paid for exchanges and RCI membership with no problems. And, you can monitor your credit card points online.

Regina
Old January 8, 2007, 07:49 AM   #4
riverdees05
TUG Member

Resorts: OLCC, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort, Landmark, Sweetbriar,Tree Tops-TN, Grand Timbers
How do you monitor your points on line?
Old January 8, 2007, 09:19 AM   #5
JLB

Resorts: Posts: 7503, Add another 2500 posts!!! Registered Dec. 2000 Registered: Mar 2002
The link provided above should give you a site where you can register. I don't know it that way because I click to it from RCI.com.

Since MBNA devalued this premium when interest rates fell, the value of it has been running very low, less than 1%. We have discussed this with Madge and got the typical RCI-speak in response.

When interest rates fell a few years back, MBNA increased the number of points needed for an exchange significantly, without notice, and with considerable arrogance. An exchange had been 10000 points and they first increased it to 20000. When they did that we had 19800 and enough pending from the previous month's charges to put us over 20000.

A bunch of us from here complained to them. What they did for us is to let us have one exchange for 10000. That left 9800 in our account and they required 20000 for the next exchange.

Crappy customer service like that leaves an indelible impression.

This card is now owned by Bank of America and they have not made an attempt to make the premium higher, more in line with current interest rates. I have not taken that up with them yet as I am having enough trouble just getting converted over to the BOA website.

You cannot use credits from this card (or any other credits in your RCI account) for on-line transactions, and for a reason yet to be explained, you cannot even see credits in your account from this card online. You somehow have to remember you have it, or trust a Guide (the weakest link) to tell you you have a credit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riverdees05 View Post
How do you monitor your points on line?
Old January 8, 2007, 02:45 PM   #6
Madge
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 23, 05
riverdees,

Please let me know if, after receiving the information provided here by fellow Tuggers, you have additional questions.

Currently, our mainframe database is unable to calculate whether sufficient fees are in an account to cover the number of active searches. Until this functionality is added, our website will not detect fees that were not paid online. It will require a mammoth investment in programming hours to add this functionality, which we do plan to commit; however, I don't have an ETA at this point.
Old January 8, 2007, 08:20 PM   #7
rkd

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 28, 06
monitoring RCI credit card points

Try this link to set up name and password to monitor points.

https://rcieliterewards.rci.com/ip-r...ailSuccess.jsp

Regina