Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Exchanging

Exchanging Discuss all aspects of exchanging timeshare intervals here including RCI Points, whether through Exchange Companies (RCI, II and Others), or directly with other owners. Please no advertisements which belong elsewhere on TUG. Ads will be deleted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old March 3, 2007, 06:00 PM   #1
jancurious

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05

Resorts: Marriott Waiohai Marriott Newport Coast Marriott Summit Watch Marriott Shadow Ridge Marriott Ko Olina
Can you join RCI without owning an RCI timeshare?

I have only had experience with II but there have been times that I wish I could explore the RCI equivalent of II's Getaways. Is it called Last Call?

So can you join without owning an RCI week? If not, what would people suggest for getting my feet wet with RCI?

Jan
jancurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2007, 09:52 AM   #2
Timeshare Von

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 13, 06

Resorts: FF/Wyndham Myrtle Beach/Westwinds (77k), Lifetime in Hawaii (Oahu)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jancurious View Post
I have only had experience with II but there have been times that I wish I could explore the RCI equivalent of II's Getaways. Is it called Last Call?

So can you join without owning an RCI week? If not, what would people suggest for getting my feet wet with RCI?

Jan
Are Last Calls and Extra Vacations really worth the membership fee to you? (They would probably also charge you their rather steep initiation fee.) I don't know that using their Last Call/Extra Vacation weeks is really "getting your feet wet with RCI" as they are really supposed to be an exchange company and not a rental firm . . . so you wouldn't really be sampling their key product/service line.

With that being said, it's as easy as calling their toll free number and asking. Their number is 1-800-338-7777.

Yvonne
Timeshare Von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2007, 10:48 AM   #3
blr666

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 22, 05

Resorts: Worldmark, Shell Vacations Club
I joined RCI also just to check out the Last Call and Extra Vacations. Somehow, all the West Coast Last Call suddenly disappeared after I joined. Also, you can't do a search without having a deposit (like II), so I can't search. The Extra Vacations are expensive and not a good deal.
blr666 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 5, 2007, 11:54 AM   #4
JLB

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Posts: 7503, Add another 2500 posts!!! Registered Dec. 2000 Registered: Mar 2002
Maybe I didn't read thoroughly enough, but I don't see the answer given, which is Yes.

An RCI member can sign up a non-owner non-member so that that person can book their own Last Calls and Extra Vacations. I believe the figure I saw was $149 for 3 years.

And yes, for some that would be a good deal, as I look at EVs and LCs frequently. Just yesterday I saw some very nice, Spring, lake and golf resorts on both of them. Either would have been less expensive than owning. I also saw Fairfield Nashville.

But, naturally, you can't get the good stuff at the time that everyone else wants the good stuff, nor would you deserve to be able to get it, IMHO. (heck, even owner/members can't get the good stuff at the time everyone else wants the good stuff )

Of course, in the Olde Days, EVs (Bonus Vacations or Escapes were all a good deal). Now some are and some aren't. To say they all aren't is misleading.

Sure, a $500, or $800, EV is not like it used to be, but it is less expensive than buying and paying fees, in many/most cases.
- - - - - -
Also, an RCI member that sells all of their weeks or points can continue their membership in order to use EVs and LCs.
- - - - - -
What better way to access RCI rentals!

Last edited by JLB; March 5, 2007 at 12:03 PM.
JLB is offline   Reply With Quote