• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

DSV Owners Meeting Notes

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
This is from my notes I took at the owners meeting at DSV this morning.

• Currently there are 350,000 Marriott Vacation Owners
  • DSV I & II has 27,000 owners
  • The pool at the clubhouse has been designated as a quiet pool and they have asked that you bring no floating or play devices to this pool. They want kids to go to the other pools basically.
  • DSV I will begin renovations in August 2007 - this will be for softgoods and casegoods - furniture, beddings, etc..100 units are planed for 2007
  • 2008 the remaining 136 units will be upgraded
  • 2009 & 2010 the DSV I units will be upgraded with new tile, cabinets, and countertops, stainless steel cabinets, oven, microwave and refrigerators, and dark wood cabinets.
  • The new 38,000 sq foot spa at the JW Marriott will reopen in mid July 2007 (sounded kind of iffy)
  • There were also a lot of complaints from people about the condition of their units at DSV I. One lady who was staying in DSV2 at Jasmine Court commented that their unit was the cleanest she has ever see at all Marriotts. Our unit was in good condition and clean.
  • Also many complaints from people not being able to reserve the week they want and calling at exactly 12 months out.

TomF

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: MountainSide | Newport Coast Villas | Desert Spring Villas (sold);
Lawai Beach Resort | EVR-Lake Tahoe (sold)
I just received this e-mail from DSV:

Dear {owners},

As a valued Owner with Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas, we would like to pass along important new information regarding reservation check-in dates.

As you begin to make your 2008 vacation plans, please note that we are adding both Thursday and Monday to Owner check-in arrival days. You may now check in at Marriott’s Desert Springs Villas on Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday or Monday. We will be testing this concept as it has proven to be quite successful at other large Marriott Vacation Club® resorts. Our hope is that by expanding our check-in dates, both Housekeeping and the Front Desk staffs will have more time to devote to and assist each Owner.

As a reminder, you may place your reservation requests beginning at 9 a.m. ET 12 months prior to the first check-in date of your desired week. With the addition of Thursday check-in days for Marriott's Desert Springs, you are now able to call one day earlier than in the past for reservation requests.

For example, to request an arrival date of May 8, 9, 10, 11 or 12, 2008, you may now make your reservation request as early as Tuesday, May 8, 2007. Please note, if you are a multiple-week Owner, you are eligible to book consecutive or concurrent week reservations beginning 13 months prior to the first check-in date of your desired week.

It is important to remember that the first eligible check-in date determines when inventory will be released, NOT the day of the week. As it is already April, please understand there will be limited availability for a Thursday or Monday arrival day in RED Season (January – May 2008) since this timeframe is within the 12- to 13-month booking window for 2008 arrivals.

If you have any questions about this information or to make reservations, please call Owner Services at 800-845-4226 or visit VacationClub.com where you can receive instant confirmations for your bookings.

We hope you find this information valuable as we strive to continually improve the level of service we provide. We are committed to excellence in serving you and look forward to helping you plan your next vacation.

Sincerely,

Susan Belleville
General Manager
Marriott's Desert Springs Villas

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Chris: Did you find the Owner's Meeting valuable? I am the one who suggested you attend :)

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Chris: Did you find the Owner's Meeting valuable? I am the one who suggested you attend :)

Yes Cathy I did find it interesting. I like how they go around the room and ask for introductions. I think I was the only person at the meeting who only owns one week. :mad: I also like seeing the slides of the refurbishments to be made. I also went last year. Both times a common thread was people complaining about not getting the weeks they wanted and trouble getting through on the one year call in date.

I also was very happy with the staff here. The morning after my check in I went and asked if I could be moved to another location. I was complaining about the noise from Cook Street. They were also very accomodating and moved us to the building I had originally requested.

So far this has been just a great week here for us. It is so relaxing here. We truly are able to unwind. Probably because we have been here so many times we dont feel like there is really anything we have to do or see. Just exercise, eat, and sleep. Oh, and watch American Idol.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Reminder that the Annual meeting is coming up in May to be held over at Shadowridge. You live about the same number of hours away as us in Carlsbad. We hope to attend -- my hubby usually wins an II t-shirt :)