• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Global Discovery Vacations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doowah

Reaction score
Does anyone own Global Discovery Vacations where you use stars for your condos?

I would like to setup a separate section on this forum just for Globl Discovery Vacation users. I really would rather not setup my own forum. Let me know. Thanks!

S

Steamboat Bill

I have never heard of them and they don't have a very informative web iste.

I DOUBT you will get your own forum, but you are welcome to start a THREAD such as this one.

Doowah

Reaction score
Thanks! It says it's run by Global Connections. Have you heard of this one? I just know that there are about 5 families that I know of that have this. I wonder if it's under the Global Connections name?

Doowah

Reaction score
I believe it may be like TAN (Travel Advantage Network). Is this the proper forum for these types of travel clubs?

blr666

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone called me from this company the other night. They wanted to know if I had any questions from the info they mailed me a few weeks ago. I told them that I don't recall receiving anything and to please mail it again. The guy said if I don't take advantage of his offer tonight, then it is off. I said thanks and I guess it is just too bad for me. He just hung up.

geekette

Reaction score
I doubt that such a small community would get their own forum on the basis of a new member requesting such - the larger mini systems don't even have their own forums here!

I further doubt that your not wanting to set up a forum of your own would encourage the moderators here to acquiesce. Maybe you should bite the bullet and create a Yahoo Group.

Doowah

Reaction score
I understand. I was just setting up my own forum from creatforums.net but then thought I would search the internet for one that was already created. I just got burned with a bad condo and didn't want it to happen again so I was looking for a community to talk through these things. I believe this is how this forum got started as well so I was excited that maybe I found a good place to send people from Global Discovery Vacations. If not, maybe I will just form my own and go from there.

Didn't mean any harm!

Thanks anyway!

G

gsnDavid

Advertising is not allowed here.

Last edited by a moderator:

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sorry, Ken...I edited out the previous poster's Web site that he was advertising.

Do they sell travel agent services? Do they help you set up your web site?

If you recruit people to join, do your superiors get a part of the $$ you bring in?

Any relationtion to this posted on scams.com? :

http://www.scam.com/showthread.php?p=342291

Last edited by a moderator:

Lgg4967

Reaction score
don't know if you are still out here but I just got back from my second vacation with Global Discovery. I really enjoyed it! I went to Las Vegas and stayed at the Fairfield Grand Desert in January. Last week I was at Sunterra's Scottsdale Villa Mirage. Loved both places. Only drawback is you get hit on by the Resorts you are staying at to join there time shares instead of Global. I've listed to both presentations and think I got the best deal with Global. If you go to the Global presentation you need to keep saying no until they lower the price.

S

Steamboat Bill

I am moving this thread to the Buy-sell forum as I do not feel it should be in the destination club/fractional forum.

I am NOT endorsing this organization as I can't find anything about it.

So far, it appears to be some type of club to join for $3,000 and you get weeks for $299.00 in various places. These may be timeshare weeks or points converted to week...maybe from either RCI or II....or Trading Places, VRI, SFX, DAX,Timex or any of the other companies that offer timeshare exchanges and some also management services.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Shill alert meter is on over drive. Look at all of the new posters all of a sudden interested in discussing and promoting this new site / vacation club concept.

Dollars to donuts says that these are all shills for this company.

If that is what you are. You are wasting your time here. You will be outed and we will figure out your scam and expose it to the world.

You are better off just leaving before we create a record of your scams.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
don't know if you are still out here but I just got back from my second vacation with Global Discovery. I really enjoyed it! I went to Las Vegas and stayed at the Fairfield Grand Desert in January. Last week I was at Sunterra's Scottsdale Villa Mirage. Loved both places. Only drawback is you get hit on by the Resorts you are staying at to join there time shares instead of Global. I've listed to both presentations and think I got the best deal with Global. If you go to the Global presentation you need to keep saying no until they lower the price.

So, you are meaning to tell me that you were just randomly searching the internet and stumbled upon this thread buried deep within TUG? Your first post is on this Vacation Club which TUG doesn't even discuss much except under the pre-text of scam. I give it a 95% probability that you are a shill for this company. You maybe even be the same person as the OP.

99.9% of timeshare vacation clubs are frauds. They are used primarily as a gathering point for timeshares to steal them from owners. You don't own anything in vacation clubs. So, they should cost as much as a vaction club.

The Automobile Club of America (AAA) is a vacation club. No upfront fees. About $50 per year. Only AAA is better because if you car breaks down, you get free towing.

I'll bet your vacation club costs between $2000-3000. You ofter last call vacations that any of us here can get for around $200.

You take trade ins for your vacation club and you have someone dump those trade ins on eBay for pennies on the dollar.

BocaBum99

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone own Global Discovery Vacations where you use stars for your condos?

I would like to setup a separate section on this forum just for Globl Discovery Vacation users. I really would rather not setup my own forum. Let me know. Thanks!

Do you work for them on commission or do you get a salary?

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Setting up a YahooGroup to troll for prospects is pretty easy - - I'm guessing easier to do than a BBS like TUG.

Enjoy! :wave:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I am moving this thread to the Buy-sell forum as I do not feel it should be in the destination club/fractional forum.

I am NOT endorsing this organization as I can't find anything about it.

So far, it appears to be some type of club to join for $3,000 and you get weeks for $299.00 in various places. These may be timeshare weeks or points converted to week...maybe from either RCI or II....or Trading Places, VRI, SFX, DAX,Timex or any of the other companies that offer timeshare exchanges and some also management services.

On a several of our timeshare tours the sales presentation has included membership in a vacation club, either as part of the basic presentation, or as part of the final sales push after you've convinced them you are not going to buy a timeshare. Whenever I have been able to get them to produce a printout of availability, I check to see what they have for peak periods and locations I am familiar with (e.g., Hawai'i in Feb and July/August, western ski resorts during ski season). Invariably, the selection for those times and locations is non-existent or is limited (lesser quality resorts and/or less desirable locations). For off-peak travel, options start to expand, and for off-season travel there is a reasonable amount of inventory.

I'm also skeptical of a system in which the club organizer generates significant revenue from the sign-up fee, with lesser fees for booking weeks. IMHO,that type of fee structure does not motivate the organizer to work harder to provide better weeks to the members.

Doowah

Reaction score
Geesh! What did this thread turn into.

I'm a Global Discovery Vacations user and in NO WAY affiliated with them. I have been with them for two years and for the most part have been very happy. My last vacation to the Smoky Mountains I stayed in a terrible resort. I did not like it at all and thought there might be a forum out there with users like me that could discuss the different places that Global uses. This way I would know ahead of time if the place is half decent or setting myself up for a terrible resort. That is my only reason for starting this thread.

Please let me know if there are other Global Discovery Vacation users out there. I would love to hear where you stayed and which ones you liked and disliked.

That is all I'm after here.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There were many tug posts on this. At first, this company offered travel agency travel service training. Now, it appears they are a multi level marketing scheme.

I post the above with specific intentions of following up on the info we might have recieved from one of their 'agents'.

I no longer receive their magazine that was or is published in Tampa...if anyone remembers, it was a slick high clay content with attempts to sell very overpriced T/S...mostly resale...

As related on the scam site...note the places one can easily receive weeks for $299 or less....

TA and TS4RUMs seem to have deleted most of their # 1 poster positives. I can't figure out why, if this company is SOOOO sucessful, they can't resort to paying a few buck to put a real advertisement somewhere, instead of asking the new 'agents' to fabricate positives on as many sites as they can sneak into.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Doowah:

There are many many other sites that can do just as good or better than what you probably can find on what Global is offering.

Not only the $299 weeks (total per unit...not per person) but some RCI & II offer affinity groups weeks for $359.99 total....no timeshare membership needed....no payment of fees...no nothing....

IMO....you could do better elsewhere.

As for the aggrivation seen here...which I guess should have been deleted....most of even limited intelligence can see a post # 1 positive as a plant from the company. Don't you think so? If not, it doesn't matter, because if you keep reading these forums, you will find out how to get good weeks, even on the tug bbs... You did see the free week at the 2 bed 2 bath Marriott on our BBS LMR? I know I know, I'm waiting for the next # 1 poster to tell me Global will give us $100 to take one of their weeks:)

Doowah

Reaction score
Some of it is probably just ignorance on my part. Maybe I bought into something that I can find better deals on. If so, I will continue to look here. I'm not against that. I did pay into it $3000 to join and have been using it for about 3 years. I wasn't aware that I can find deals for about the same price without joining anything. I guess i was fooled.

Where is the best place to find these deals on here? Just by replying to posts? I did join as well so if I need to look other places then let me know. Can I be assured that I won't be taken for a ride if I reply to someone for a week stay?

Please educate me. I'm just a user trying to find good deals with good resorts. That's it!

Thanks!

Bill4728

Reaction score
doowah said:
Please educate me. I'm just a user trying to find good deals with good resorts. That's it

Ken tried here:
KenK said:
Not only the $299 weeks (total per unit...not per person) but some RCI & II offer affinity groups weeks for $359.99 total....no timeshare membership needed....no payment of fees...no nothing....

AS Ken said there are about a dozen website which the Big TS companies run which they rent TS rooms to the general public for very small prices.

The include:
Snaptravel.com
Getravelop.com
Holidaynetwork.com
Condodirect.com

I be back with more!!
This doesn't include the websites where owners are renting direct to the public
Redweek.com
VRBO.com
Resortnetwork.com
even here on TUG there are many owners renting their weeks for cheap.

Here is a link to the thread which list more than 2 dozen websites about renting TS.

Hope that helps

Last edited:

Doowah

Reaction score
Thanks! Sorry, don't need to be dense here. It's new for me.

Snaptravel.com looks great! Please send more. Thanks!

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Your not dense.....you are now a teacher. You have $3000 in a group that we will all learn from you. If you post your successes with this group, even if you think you might be able to do a bit better elsewhere....we will all learn from you.

Most here are here because they feel they were gyped or duped by some company....paying way too much for the product.

BUT....most have learned how to get as much value out of their 'mistake' as possible...bringing in the most value they can. So the 'mistake' becomes less of one, because of how they learned to 'supersize' the product.

Maybe you get what I mean. If you paid $3000....and we know whats going on...someone here can probably help you with getting as much as you can from GDV or whatever they call themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.