• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Can Someone Explain (II related)

maciec

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can someone please explain to me step by step how to check for availability on II's website. I get to the part where it asked for dates (I am putting in October and I am getting an error message that they cannot find the information in their database). I used an old reservation number and found a legitimate room number so that part I have down. What am I doing wrong?

I want to check to see what is available at the end of October for Horizons by MVC @ Orlando (kids first choice) or Grande Vista. Specifically 10/18-25th.

Thanks!

ArtsieAng

TUG Member
Reaction score
After you have logged onto II, click 'exchange.' Vacation Exchange, will be the next board. Choose your 'Search type.' Then, choose your earliest traveling date, and your latest traveling date. Number of guest, and click 'continue.',

The next board will be your units. Choose the unit that you want to search with, and hit 'continue.' The next page will show you everything that is available, to that unit.

Good Luck!! I hope I didn't forget anything. :D

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Type in Orlando in the space that says enter city
For your travel window put in dates
Enter number of travelers (I always use 2 so I can see everything including studios)
Click on continue
The next page will show your available units. Choose one. Enter the info needed such as the ressie #.
Everything in Orlando & vicinity during your time frame should come up.

Angela beat me to it!

Last edited:

maciec

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you ladies, but I am still not getting in for some reason. I just gave up. I guess I will actually have to call and talk to someone. Oh well, I tried!

Berea1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try this

Try this; when I enter into II, I am always in Getaways. I then have to click on the tab for Exchanges. Then, click on the dates that you want but include a month before and a month afterward. Then, click on map, click on Florida, and then enter a check mark for Orlando, and click enter. See what you get.

If you are using a Marriott that has not been deposited with II yet, then enter eight 8's (88888888) for the reservation number and click enter.

Let us know what happens.

Patrick

wegottago

TUG Member
Reaction score
II explain - More Questions - please help

Now that I have a fake res# I can learn to use the II search.

After I choose the unit I want to search with, it asks you to choose what week you want to deposit. If I have a floating gold week at aruba surf, I suppose I have to choose a week in my floating period. Do I choose different weeks to see what comes up for availability (better trading possibilities)? Also, I have a lock-off, so can I also choose the studio, 1-bed, or 2-bed to see the different availablities?

I do not have occupany at the surf club until 2008. I tried to search for something winter 2009 but it doesn't let me. Do I have to wait until 2008 to search for 2009?

We want to use aruba in summer 2008 but try to get someplace to ski in 2008. How do I go about doing this?

***Do you think I would have good luck depositing 2-bed OV gold aruba surf in 2009 to get in at skiing at Timer Lodge or at Park City, Utah in 2009?

Thank you tuggers - I am learning a lot and hope someday to reciprocate.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Now that I have a fake res# I can learn to use the II search.

After I choose the unit I want to search with, it asks you to choose what week you want to deposit. If I have a floating gold week at aruba surf, I suppose I have to choose a week in my floating period. Do I choose different weeks to see what comes up for availability (better trading possibilities)? Also, I have a lock-off, so can I also choose the studio, 1-bed, or 2-bed to see the different availablities?
Yes- you can try different combinations of weeks/size units. If you have already made your reservation, you might as well use the week you've already reserved. You also might want to see how holiday weeks or other weks in the Gold season seem to trade for either this year or future reference. Many people base their reservations on whether they want to use the week or want to trade the week, because the week you like to use may not have the highest trading power.

I do not have occupany at the surf club until 2008. I tried to search for something winter 2009 but it doesn't let me. Do I have to wait until 2008 to search for 2009?
You should be able to search for up to two years from the day you are searching. A deposit is good for exchange up to 2 years after the date of the reserved week, btw. I can search today for something through April, 2009.

We want to use aruba in summer 2008 but try to get someplace to ski in 2008. How do I go about doing this?

Well, if you want to use your whole 2 BR unit in Aruba in 2008, you will need to either give up part or all of your 2007 week. You can deposit part/all of your 2007 week and use it to go skiing in 2008. You can also split your 2008 week, use either the 1 BR or studio in Aruba in 2008, and then use the other half to trade for a 2008 ski week. Keep in mind that if you have a good week reserved and deposit the 1 BR, II will also give you an AC, but they won't for the studio side deposit. Ski weeks are hard to get, so the earlier you put in your request the better your chance of a trade.
***Do you think I would have good luck depositing 2-bed OV gold aruba surf in 2009 to get in at skiing at Timer Lodge or at Park City, Utah in 2009?
The further in advance you put in your request the better your chances. So I would reserve the 2009 week in 2008 and put in a request right away for that ski week, rather than waiting until only a few months beforehand

wegottago

TUG Member
Reaction score
tried search - date problem -help again please

Thanks for your answers!

Checkin date is beyond relinquishment limit of home unit

I keep getting this message! Just to test out your responses to me I picked some arbritrary dates. I tried to search for all resorts in March 2009 with a deposit of the aruba 2-bedroom of May 9, 2008 and I get that message.

Before you responded to me, I was also playing around with a deposit of the studio portion to see what I could get for the summer of 2008. For example, I Deposit a week of April 18 in 2008 to find something week of June 20, 2008.
If I don't indicate a deposit of 60 days prior to this June check-in date (meaning I have to back up to April 11 or pick a later date in the summer), I would get the message above. I don't understand this, please explain.

Thank you!

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Thanks for your answers!

Checkin date is beyond relinquishment limit of home unit

I keep getting this message! Just to test out your responses to me I picked some arbritrary dates. I tried to search for all resorts in March 2009 with a deposit of the aruba 2-bedroom of May 9, 2008 and I get that message.

Before you responded to me, I was also playing around with a deposit of the studio portion to see what I could get for the summer of 2008. For example, I Deposit a week of April 18 in 2008 to find something week of June 20, 2008.
If I don't indicate a deposit of 60 days prior to this June check-in date (meaning I have to back up to April 11 or pick a later date in the summer), I would get the message above. I don't understand this, please explain.

Thank you!

Hmmm...I'm not sure about the first message. Hopefully someone else can help you out. Did you try signing out/in again and try it a second time? Sometimes II can be weird. I just tried with my Jan. 08 week to look for March '09 and it searched without a problem.

Actually, I may have the answer. You can't deposit a week (at least a Marriott week) into II over a year in advance. The system will not accept a deposit yet for a May 9, 2008 week.

The second problem I am a little confused on- are you trying to deposit an April 2008 week to search for a June 2008 week, as you indicated, or '07 weeks, because you asked about "this June"? If you were putting in '07 instead of '08 then that would make sense- since it is too late to relinquish an April '07 week. If you were in fact searching as though giving up an April 2008 week and looking for something in June of '08 I don't know why you would get that message.

Try again, being careful that the year doesn't change (sometimes it does- I think II has a mind of its own sometimes) and if you still get that post again with the dates you are trying and maybe someone else who knows more than me can help. Let us know how it goes.