• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Best place to go for MVC Resales?

Dman67

Reaction score
Can anyone steer me in the right direction towards a good resaler of MVC properties? I've done the Google search and I am not finding near as much as thought I would. Thanks!

DAGJAM

Reaction score
We used GMAC realty in Orlando to buy Surf Club. The agent was Michelle Donato. You should be able to find her with a google search. She was patient, knowledgable, helpful, and acted with integrity.

Edited to add: The name of the company is International Properties GMAC Real Estate. GMAC is a franchise name and could be thousands of different companies.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaym

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone steer me in the right direction towards a good resaler of MVC properties? I've done the Google search and I am not finding near as much as thought I would. Thanks!

I found my MMC purchase through this site. Broker listings for both resales and rentals.
A lot of info available for Marriott and other developers.
This is not just a TS rental site. Take a look.

http://www.vacationtimesharerentals.com/timeshare-sales.asp

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
See this list of timeshare resale and rental sites frequently mentioned positively by TUGgers. Both of the websites mentioned above are included in the list.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
We used GMAC realty in Orlando to buy Surf Club. The agent was Michelle Donato. You should be able to find her with a google search. She was patient, knowledgable, helpful, and acted with integrity.

I dealt with Russell Kanner,,, boy he got nasty when I decided to back out of a potential purchase. Even told me not to bother calling him again - how rude

JimC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney - AKV, BCV, OKW, VGC; Marriott - Canyon Villas/Shadow Ridge, Cypress Harbour
I've also used Seth Nock.

KenK

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you go to www.myresortnetwork.com and thn search Marriott, the list of Marriott resorts comes up. (including some not really MVCI)

Then click the MVCI resorts you are interested in. Then click sell (not rent) and a few units will show with pricing. May give you some ideas. I've seen Seth Nock & GMACs Donato listed on many of the re sales.

jalexander

TUG Member
Reaction score
I found my experience with her (Michelle) to be just terrible. PM me for details, but I wouldn't trust her for a second

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I found my experience with her (Michelle) to be just terrible.
Adding to the GMAC mix, their reputation at TUG has been far less than stallar! See this thread for examples of some unfavorable comments.

Please don't confuse GMAC/Michelle with Seth. He has a great reputation here at TUG.

To find other resellers often mentioned favorably here at TUG, see the list of resellers located at the top of the Buying, Selling, Renting forum.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Interesting that I have never read anything other than positive comments about Seth. When I was looking to buy, maybe I just caught him on a bad day. He was dismissive and despite multiple attempts at future contacts (since everyone here raved about him) he never returned a call/e-mail after I did manage to reach him once. I did manage to buy for just a few hundred more than my stated price-range, so while I may have been at the low end I wasn't out of the ballpark. Maybe he was just too busy at the time to bother...I don't know.

Similarly to what was posted above, Russell Kanner was not rude but dismissive after he couldn't convince me to up my price.

On the other hand, Jessica from Timesharing2000.com was wonderful and really tried very hard for me. I initially signed a contract with her for a fabulous price...so fabulous Marriott unfortunately got a great deal :( . Realistically I had to go higher the next time around (which is when, btw, I contacted Russell and Seth) and, although Jessica couldn't find me something, she really tried to put something together.

Shelley from Transactionrealty.com ultimately found me the best deal. She is the consummate professional and a pleasure to work with.

Of couse, check out all the private listing sites as well. If you talk to enough people and ask enough questions, you'll learn what the bottom line is for the property you are interested in, as well as the range of pricing. How anxious you are will help determine if you are willing to wait for the best possible price or perhaps just get a good deal. Whether of not current year useage is included or even the date of a current reservation and how convenient it is for you are, while relatively minor factors, things that might influence value and price for you.

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shelley from Transactionrealty.com ultimately found me the best deal. She is the consummate professional and a pleasure to work with.

I second Shelley Preece from Transactionrealty.com. We bought our Surf Club unit through her and she was terrific!

Marc

JimIg23

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the other hand, Jessica from Timesharing2000.com was wonderful and really tried very hard for me. I initially signed a contract with her for a fabulous price...so fabulous Marriott unfortunately got a great deal :( . Realistically I had to go higher the next time around (which is when, btw, I contacted Russell and Seth) and, although Jessica couldn't find me something, she really tried to put something together..

Jessica is very nice. She uses Duncan Reality as a closing company. I trust her and DR.

wljet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shelley from Transactionrealty.com

Shelley sold us our Summit Watch unit,she was very helpful and professional.She really knows the current Timeshare market.That way you won't over or under bid and waste your time and money.

Will

ffxjack

TUG Member
Reaction score
I second Shelley

Haven't closed on my resale purchase yet but I'm working w/Shelley now. She's great at communicating each step of the process by email and has always been available by phone as well. She really seems to know the ins n outs of timeshares and has several herself which is really helpful if you are a neophyte like I am.

tkopyar

Reaction score
Transaction Realty

We are currently purchasing our first timeshare and we're buying from Shelley at Transaction Realty. So far she has been very helpful, taking as much time as necessary to answer questions and keeps us up-to-date on the status of things as the documents are being processed.