• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Directions to Mountain Loft

iceeu2

Reaction score
We will be coming in from Nashville direction on I-40. What's the best way to escape the traffic on Friday afternoon to get to Mountain Loft? Here's what I'm thinking of doing......I-40 to Hwy. 129 to Maryville to Townsend. Wears Valley Road to Pigeon Forge...straight thru at the traffic light at the parkway and back to Teaster Lane to Dollywood Lane and then back to Birds Creek and then what?

Or, when I get to Townsend, should I just continue and go thru the Park and come into Gatlinburg that way?

Or, should I keep on past exit 407 and take which exit down to Mountain Loft?:shrug:

wise one

Reaction score
For speed, I'd come in thru Cosby.

For beauty, I'd come in thru the park from Townsend to Gatlinberg.

But for getting to the resort and setting up, I'd choose speed and come in thru Cosby.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We are locals and go Chapman Hwy from Knoxville. I can never recall the number of the highway, but just stay on I-40 through Knoxville instead of taking the bypass and follow the signs to the Smokey Mtns. Once you get on Chapman Hwy it's a straight shot all the way to Sevierville. Gas is usually cheaper out that way too, so fill up before you get to the resort area. We usually stop at Krogers unless we're running real low, then Pilot will do.

There are several traffic lights and the traffic would be heavy there too right after 5PM, but the distance is a little shorter than the interstate way, so you definitely save time when traffic is heavy.

Fridays and Saturday morning going toward Pigeon Forge and Sunday afternoons coming out, we usually go that way. We didn't today and regretted it. Nothing looked crowded in town, but several miles back the traffic stopped and it was painful to make it to the interstate.

Sheila

wise one

Reaction score
I think, the exit for Cosby and US 321 is 435.

The Chapman Hwy is US 411, but that would not bypass Pigeon Forge.

Checkout mapquest.com

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I think, the exit for Cosby and US 321 is 435.

The Chapman Hwy is US 411, but that would not bypass Pigeon Forge.

Checkout mapquest.com

I think going all the way to Cosby if you're coming from the west would be a long way out of the way. I've never gone that way, though, so can't really comment on the drive.

Sheila

iceeu2

Reaction score
We are coming from Chattanooga. I think I will take 140 and try to miss the Knoxville traffic. Then take 411/441 to Sevierville and try making my way to Pittman Center Rd (Hwy 416) , then use Glades Road to cut over to 321.

Will let y'all know how it turns out.....:shrug:

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Be aware that traffic is MUCH better going through Knoxville now than it was a year or so ago. The interstates out west are finally finished (for now). They are starting some construction downtown which leads to some delays there, but nothing horrible like it used to be. Just avoid the peakest of times and you'll be fine.

The route you mention will be scenic but slow. If you're trying to make time at all, it's not a good choice.

Sheila

iceeu2

Reaction score
We should be passing thru Knoxville about 2 pm........If I take Chapman Hwy, then how should I go to get to Mountain Loft.....I really don't want to do the Parkway in Pigeon Forge.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think going through Knoxville at 2PM and into Pigeon Forge at 2:30 - 3P, the Parkway through Pigeon Forge will probably be fine unless there's a big car show or something going on. Maybe a little slow, but not worth going a lot out of the way. Three hours later it will be a lot worse. Possibly even better if you could come a couple of hours earlier.

I don't know where Mountain Loft is, but one way to bypass much of the Pigeon Forge traffic is to take the new Veterans Blvd past Dollywood until that road runs into the Parkway. You're on the Gatlinburg end of it and have bypassed most of the traffic. You just bypass the Sevierville right turn to the Parkway and go a few traffic lights down. Veterans Blvd is on the right and well marked. It's just past the Taco Bell.

What date are you coming in? UT football traffic also can come into play if they're playing a driving location. A lot of people stay in the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area if the team is from Alabama or somewhere close. And all bets are off end of October. Those pesky leaf peepers really mess up the traffic. I avoid the area completely then.

Sheila

Last edited: