• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

davewasbaloo photos from Marriott Village Ile de France

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
If you are interested (especially anyone planning on going to the Marriott Village Ile de France), I thought I would share about 10% of our photos from our trip. They include our journey from Bedfordshire UK to Marriott, with Calais, Chantilly, Disneyland Paris (DLP), Reims, and Provins. I hope you enjoy and are not too board.

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slide...a8td25.9s2vno65&Uy=3mwwpf&Ux=0&localeid=en_GB

AmyL4408

Reaction score
Wow great pictures!!!

You just convinced me I need to go.... :annoyed:

It seems like you were able to see alot while there, did you have long drives? Did you have a car?

I don't know how I would do at driving on the "wrong" side of the road :D

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Wow great pictures!!!

You just convinced me I need to go.... :annoyed:

It seems like you were able to see alot while there, did you have long drives? Did you have a car?

I don't know how I would do at driving on the "wrong" side of the road :D

Hopefully you would like it. We live in Bedfordshire England, about 2 hours from Dover (on a good run), then it's a three - four hour drive to DLP. Chantilly, Reims, and Provins are all within an hour to 90 min drive of the resort. DLP is about 5-10 mins. We were there for 12 days so we did see quite a bit.

As for driving on the wrong side of the road. France drives on the same side as the US. It is the UK that drives on the opposite side (and it's not too bad at all).

AmyL4408

Reaction score
As for driving on the wrong side of the road. France drives on the same side as the US. It is the UK that drives on the opposite side (and it's not too bad at all).

Well I never knew that! Thanks for setting me straight :wave:

avpmouse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Enjoyed your pictures - can't wait until next April when we make our journey to France. Wish we could stay 2 months instead of 2 weeks!

Linda in TX: wave:

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Dave,

Thanks for posting the pictures. What a lovely family! Is your wife as crazy about Disney as you do? :D

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Dave,

Thanks for posting the pictures. What a lovely family! Is your wife as crazy about Disney as you do? :D

Many thanks for the kind words, I feel truly blessed. :D

Thankfully my wife is a huge Disney fan too (it was in the prenuptial :ignore: ). I like Disney history and theme parks, my wife loves the characters and shopping, we all love the shows, attractions and restaurants. And we try to mix in culture too.

WDW - always try to do some non-disney stuff, though Epcot and Animal Kingdom are good for the soul.

DL - last time in anaheim, we visited other So Cal attractions and spent 5 days in San Diego too

Paris - we always try to mix in some culture too.

Tokyo/Hong Kong - of course Disney will only fill 25% of our time when we go.

Gotta love Disney though! :banana: :hysterical:

sml2181

TUG Member
Reaction score
After looking at your pictures, I realized that we have missed going to Disneyland Paris - we have not been there for 2 years or so. My children always miss the dungeon in Orlando - they love the dungeon in the castle, in fact, that's where we will be most of the time.

So, I just finished online reservations at your home resort for New year, for 3 nights, after our skiweek in France. (If only the Marriott vacation club would let you stay for weekends, I would be very tempted to buy as well.)

It will not be the first time at the Village (we were there last weekend actually and still love the resort but did not have time to go to Disney), but it will be the first Disney visit in Paris without staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

Thanks for reminding! :)

taffy19

Reaction score
If you are interested (especially anyone planning on going to the Marriott Village Ile de France), I thought I would share about 10% of our photos from our trip. They include our journey from Bedfordshire UK to Marriott, with Calais, Chantilly, Disneyland Paris (DLP), Reims, and Provins. I hope you enjoy and are not too board.

http://www.kodakgallery.co.uk/Slide...a8td25.9s2vno65&Uy=3mwwpf&Ux=0&localeid=en_GB
Thank you for sharing your pictures. :) I enjoyed them and could see that you love "Disneyland" or what it is called in France. I like Disneyland in Anaheim because it is small and the original one too.

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
After looking at your pictures, I realized that we have missed going to Disneyland Paris - we have not been there for 2 years or so. My children always miss the dungeon in Orlando - they love the dungeon in the castle, in fact, that's where we will be most of the time.

So, I just finished online reservations at your home resort for New year, for 3 nights, after our skiweek in France. (If only the Marriott vacation club would let you stay for weekends, I would be very tempted to buy as well.)

It will not be the first time at the Village (we were there last weekend actually and still love the resort but did not have time to go to Disney), but it will be the first Disney visit in Paris without staying at the Disneyland Hotel.

Thanks for reminding! :)

That's great news - hope you enjoy.

You can stay a weekend as an owner if you split your week - one weekend stay and one midweek stay in the year for a fee (I think $75???).

davewasbaloo

Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your pictures. :) I enjoyed them and could see that you love "Disneyland" or what it is called in France. I like Disneyland in Anaheim because it is small and the original one too.

We are huge fans - 49 trips under our belts in the last 15 years. That said, I prefer the original in Anaheimn marginally. And I do love Epcot and Disney's Animal Kingdom in WDW. I'm just a Disney freak really (don't do laying by the beach/pool vacations).

Leeman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great Pics

Dave, great pics. It was good to get a glimpse of France DLP. This is one place I have to add to my list.:wave:

taffy19

Reaction score
Dave, a direct exchange is a darn good idea as owners get the better views and you save money too but you may want a written contract so both parties are protected! I wonder how successful it is but some people here have done it already and have mentioned it in a post.

TUG advertises a web site here. I thought that RedWeek had it too but it is a wish list and that is not the same. Have you read the classified ads in TUG, if you are interested?

You could also contact people privately who own at the resort where you like to go by doing a search in this forum. Here is how:

Click on "user list" in the blue bar higher up and click on "Search Users" but go in "Advanced Search" instead and a window will pop-up. Here you fill in the resort you like to look up and it will show you a list of owners who own at this resort so you can contact them privately, if they allow it. Not all of us list our timeshares we have or let you send messages.