• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Soap.

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I recently started wondering whether timeshare vacationers prefer little resort soaps, shampoos, lotions, etc., that come packed in wrappers custom-imprinted with the timeshare resort's emblems, or whether there's more of a preference among timeshare vacationers for high-end resort toiletries (e.g., Crabtree & Evelyn) packed with their regular commercial labels & wrappings.

The question comes up because 1 timeshare we like very much (where we own a Floating Diamond EEY 3BR lock-off) is facing a price hike of 25% to 42% for logo-wrapped toiletries to supply in the units for owners & renters & exchangers. I suspect switching to Crabtree & Evelyn (or something similar) might not cost as much as price-hiked logo-wrapped generic toiletries.

Much as I like logo-wrapped toiletries that reinforce my pride of ownership in the resort, my own personal preference is for items more like Crabtree's & Evelyn's. Others may or may not feel the same, I don't know.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Kona Lovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
We can take them or leave them. I realize it would be miniscule, but anything that would keep mfs from increasing that is non-essential is ok to sacrifice for our part.

Marty

geekette

Reaction score
Yeah, I hardly care. My tastes are not expensive and I will always bring my own conditioner. Beyond that, whatever. Just don't raise my fees for it. If someone wants The Best, they can provide their own.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
The post title made me think that maybe someone had developed a timeshare soap opera...I'm sure we could get much fodder for such a program here on TUG. :D

Anyway as far as the soaps I don't care what they are or even if there are any, because I can still bring my own if I fly. However, when it comes to shampoo these days I would just like to know that there will be some in the ts. We prefer to fly with just carry-on bags regardless of where we travel, and with the new security limitations on everything needing to be in 3 ounce bottles, plus the 1 bag limitation for those things it is increasingly difficult to bring everything needed when you consider suntan lotion, moisturizer etc. I don't care what kind of shampoo it is - I would be happy with any. (I've been known to use dishwashing liquid to wash my hair in an emergency). Similarly I wish all ts provided a hair dryer as that is the last thing I want to lug along in my one bag.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
The post title made me think that maybe someone had developed a timeshare soap opera...I'm sure we could get much fodder for such a program here on TUG. :D

you werent the only one :rofl:

BSQ

TUG Member
Reaction score
the first thing I gather up and set aside are the little soaps and such. Be it at a timeshare, hotel whatever. I have sensitive skin and never want to risk ruining a vacation by trying a soap I don't normally use.

If I've forgotten something, as long as there is someplace either within the complex or nearby that I can pick the item up, I'm perfectly happy.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, we're the same way. Both DW and I react to perfumey soaps. Besides, many of them leave you smelling like a french w**rehouse. So we pick them up and put them aside, too. We used to take them home for our guests, but anymore we don't even want them smelling up our luggage.

Rose Pink

TUG Member
Reaction score
Include me in the group that thought this was a thread about soap operas. And I agree with Tashamen about the hair dryers. They should be standard items in timeshares and hotels.

As for soaps and shampoos, if I am going to be anyplace for longer than a couple of days, I bring my own. DH doesn't care but wants manly-sized soap to shower with. He usually sticks two or three of those little bars together and as it becomes smaller with use, adds another bar to the stack.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I never really pay attention anymore whether or not there are timeshare brands on the soaps/shampoo's or not. I do pay attention to the quality and prefer a good quality soap to a lower quality that has the resort logo on it. In the end since it's only for a week and I don't share others sensitivities to soap I really don't care. As an owners I'd just as soon keep my money in my pocket and drop the branding off the toiletries. As an exchanger it's not going to change my opinion of the resort one way or the other. I DO notice quality products over resort branded products. For instance, I had come to look forward to the soap that Marriott use to provide up until a year or two ago when they changed brands.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was ready to read about a soap opera too! Regarding the soaps and lotions, we never use them. We bring them home, however, and when we have quite a stash, we take them to a homeless shelter, or abused women's shelter...they are very appreciative. We have heard of some folks who gather them up and deliver them to homes for the elderly, who may have more trouble handling the larger containers..
Connie

budgetbob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Timeshare Soap will increase mfs

As far as the Casting Call goes...I'm out.

As far as the gimme toiletries, We bring our own liquid soaps, hair care and hand lotions. Don't raise mfs over something sooo trivial. IMHO.....

Moosie

TUG Member
Reaction score
We always do a quick stop before checking in. Love it when a Walmart is on the way, as we can pick up everything we need in one place.

Be doing that in MB come Nov. We will be right down the street from the Walmart there.

I only use one bar of soap at time shares and hotels, just for washing our hands. Pick up all the rest of needed tolitries for the week, usually in sample sizes if i can. If not I ship home the regular sizes.

The rest I leave for whoever wants it.

happymum

TUG Member
Reaction score
I confess to liking higher-end toiletries. :eek: It adds to the holiday-treat feeling for me. Yes, we have been to a number of ts's that do supply upscale amenities.:D Three that come to mind are Manhattan Club, Four Seasons Aviara (although I preferred their previous brand L'occitane), and Aviawest in Ucluelet.
I also collect any toiletries for the local shelters and I know that they are really appreciated.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I don't use any of the toiletries provided in TS's or hotels - I prefer my own brands, but I do take them home and donate them to the high school football team's locker room! :D

Stressy

TUG Member
Reaction score
I confess to liking higher-end toiletries. :eek: It adds to the holiday-treat feeling for me. Yes, we have been to a number of ts's that do supply upscale amenities.:D Three that come to mind are Manhattan Club, Four Seasons Aviara (although I preferred their previous brand L'occitane), and Aviawest in Ucluelet.
I also collect any toiletries for the local shelters and I know that they are really appreciated.

Oh yes, The FSA has very nice shampoo/rinse. I guess they can afford it-with those MF fees. Since there is daily maid service-unbeknownst to me-my daughter was stashing the shampoo and rinse in our suitcases so the maid would replenish it. A diva was born at age 11. LOL. Her aunt(my sister) has also admitted that she is addicted and powerless over TS/Hotel toiletries. I couldn't care less-I have sensitivities and always bring everything I need. Raise MF fees over it? No way.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
We ordinarily travel with our own soap and shampoo items. With allergies, I need to be careful with what I bathe with, or use in terms of lotions. My favorite hand lotion in a TS, however, is the one provided by the FF/Wyndham at Cypress Palms branded as "Vacation Therapy" which is not offensive to my senses.

Reaction score
We own at the Aruba Surf Club, and they usually leave only shampoo or only conditioner - never both. Very odd. It's nice stuff, Bath & Body Works Aromatherapy with a ginger scent.

That being said, I usually bring my own shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and a bar of soap.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
I confess that I do like some high-end stuff too. Club Intrawest uses Judith Jackson Spa products (at least at some of the locations - I haven't been to all of them) which DH liked so much that he ordered some online after our last trip to Mont Tremblant. But this thread has made me think about looking at the next financial statements to see how much of our CI points MFs go towards that.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
We usually bring our own body washes and shampoos, so they could leave most of that stuff off altogether if it would save on maintenance fees. As long as there is a bar of any kind of soap at each sink for handwashing, I'd be happy. I do like to see the kitchen well stocked with both hand and dishwasher detergent.

Sheila

Ann-Marie

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Summit @ Massunetten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
We use anything. If the shampoo is not OK for my hair, my husband has no preferences, and he will use it. I always use the small soaps.

bruwery

TUG Member
Reaction score
Soap? Who needs it? I figure the chlorine in the pool gets me clean enough...

Realistically speaking, the resorts should provide something, although there certainly isn't a need for fancy goop or customized logos. Granted, most of us bring our own stuff and don't need the complementary samplers, but some people may not travel with any, due to space limitations, unfamiliarity, or forgetfulness. Such people would be quite disappointed to arrive after a long day of uncomfortable travel, hoping for a quick shower, only to find there's no soap whatsoever.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We don't need the logo anymore

Alan brought up an interesting topic. But I was also hoping for "As The Timeshare Turns" on Spike or Lifetime but that isn't the topic after all.

The resort he refers to went to a logo box about 5 years ago when there was some question about it's true identity. There was a conglomeration of mismatched and outdated developer logo's, resort logo's, club logo's - nothing consistent that said you are at "CPR" and not some generic, system based timeshare along the way. The product in the box was the exact same Gilbert & Soames product. The question is custom logo or generic box.

Since that time the resort reclaimed it's identity by removing the generic developer sign and bringing back the original, colorful logo based design. The glass doors lost their Club logo and returned to the resort logo. The non-resort logos in the Clubhouse, Giftshop, the directional signs - you name it - have been redone with the resort logo as they were replaced/updated. There should no longer be any question if you are at Cypress Pointe or just another nondescript club location. The resort is not a cookie cutter design and has always been proud of that.

So when we heard that the price for the logo'd product boxes/bottles was going up while the generic, non-club, non-resort logo type were still at the old price there was no choice to be made. Keep the cost down and the quality up.

Glad to hear the majority seem to agree with that approach both as the owner paying the bills and as the incoming guest. Looks like my logo'd boxes will be collectors items soon.

rhonda

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
I was going to say, "I don't care what is offered ... I always bring/use my own" -- but happymum's comment gave me pause.
I confess to liking higher-end toiletries. It adds to the holiday-treat feeling for me.
I must agree -- certain touches add to the vacation experience. Warner Springs Ranch offers a rose glycerin soap wrapped in their custom ranch label. I'm hooked -- the soap is now the key to many scent-triggered memories.

I'm not alone ... my sister-in-law unwrapped a new bar to "bless" their new home on moving day. I spotted a bar in the guest bath of a weekend home built by dear friends from the ranch. I think I even saw one in my parent's RV. These bars seem to travel!