• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chateau on the lake

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be at this resort in October. Anyone stayed there? What is it close to? Is there a certain room view type that's really pretty? Thanks :)

And yes....I'm alittle jittery about running into y'alls huge hairy tarantulas again!! :eek: Why the heck does hub always have to go to Branson in the fall? From what I've read and been told by the locals, that's the time of year those prehistoric arachnids come out to pillage the villagers.:D

libraria99

Reaction score
We've stayed at the Chateau. Very nice hotel. Be sure you get a "lakeview room". The rooms are basically "around the outside" of the hotel, with the interior "open" with a "pond", etc. The room we were in had a great view of the roof over the valet parking area, ugh! Another thing I didn't like (may not be true now), but they charged us an extra fee for "amenities" that we never used. They have a very nice bar and restaurant.

It is located just North of the Table Rock Lake Dam on Hwy 165 about six or seven miles South of the Strip.

JLB

Banned
Reaction score
It's a beautiful John Q. Hammons hotel. His signature is atrium-style hotels.

Mr. Hammons is Springfield's local business-man hero, and many things in Springfield bear his name.

We had one of those tarantula conversations with our guests this week, but we have not seen any of the critters yet this year.

I do see my momma con and her baby every night, as they come to eat Ol Roy dog food out of my hand. There were two adult and three bambi deer on our lakefront lot a week ago. Then there is the normal assortment of roadrunners and other critters.

Oh yeah, don't forget the scorpions. Check your shoes before you stick your feet in them. And you should know enough not to venture into our woods, 'cuz of the copperheads and rattlers, or onto/into the lake cuz of the water mocassins.

The real annoyances are the mosquitos, chiggers and ticks. You never know which mosquito will give you West Nile and what tick is carrying one of the fevers.

Last edited:

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
LOL...not to worry. I'm not the woodsey hiking type...nor do I venture into water I cannot see thru. :D

timetraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sandi, thanks for the great info! I'll be sure to request a lake view.

jperkins

TUG Member
Reaction score
I sure am glad my wife doesn't read tis or she would never move there with me1!