Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Resort Regions > Mexico

Mexico Discussion of Mexican Timeshare Resorts and activities/tips for vacations in Mexico!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old September 16, 2007, 08:11 AM   #1
vicki

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 12, 05

Resorts: Diamond Resorts; Bluegreen
Taking peanut butter to Mexico?

The last time we were in Cancun, we had trouble finding peanut butter in the grocery stores. The kind that we finally did find had honey mixed in and we didn't care for it. Would we be allowed to take our own jars of peanut butter with us from the US into Mexico when we fly to Cancun next summer? I don't know if this is an airlines issue, a TSA issue, or a Mexican customs issue.
Vicki

Last edited by vicki; September 16, 2007 at 08:28 AM.
vicki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2007, 08:51 AM   #2
johnmfaeth
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 7, 06
I think you should be OK as a processed food product. But it must go in your suitcase (checked baggage). I would definitely bring a new one with the safety seal intact.
johnmfaeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2007, 08:52 AM   #3
pjrose

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 28, 05

Resorts: Royal Caribbean, Royal Islander
No problem, we bring PB and other non-perishables with us all the time. There was a discussion about bringing food to Mexico here:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52961

The only things with which you might have a problem are perishables such as meat and cheese, and liquor if you're over limit.

Last edited by pjrose; September 16, 2007 at 08:55 AM.
pjrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2007, 08:58 AM   #4
Kenrabs

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 12, 06

Resorts: Innseasons Resorts The Falls at Ogunquit 2 weeks, Imperial Fiesta Club Cancun, Villa Del Palmar PV.
We've packed it before in our checked luggage with no problems. We noticed the same problem with lack of pb choices in Cancun in July. We forgot to pack it and the one grocery store we went to had it mixed with jelly which our child wont eat. Ended up buying at the resort's mart for inflated price, about $4 for a small jar, since I wasn't going back to Walmart just for that.
Kenrabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 16, 2007, 01:34 PM   #5
cymomtx
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Royal Sands (24, 25, 26) Royal Hacienda (23) DVC Saratoga Springs
We always bring peanut butter and jelly from home.
cymomtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2007, 10:39 AM   #6
suesam
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 14, 05

Resorts: Hyatt Beach House,Key West
Last summer when we went we could not find salsa! You know, the good, chunky kind. My kids were having withdrawals! We found tons of delicioius guacamole, but salsa, not! Think we could bring salsa? that just seems so wrong!
suesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18, 2007, 11:59 AM   #7
Deer Path
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Bay Club/Kona(HGVC); Playa Grande,Cabo; Cabo Villas Beach Resort; El Cid Marina Mazatlan,LaJolla-Mazatlan
We always take a cooler with lots of food items that we will use up while there. The only thing we had a problem with in Cabo last year when I got the red light. They looked and saw a small cervalot. The lady took it and said I could not bring it in. I think she just wanted it. It is of course precooked and still packaged so should not have been a problem. This year I will put it in my checked luggage and should work ok.

We take 6 bottles of water to get us started, peanut butter, crackers, cereal, microwave popcorn, peanuts, coffee, filters, ziplock bags(2 gal.for fish),etc.

We got deep sea fishing and hope to bring home frozen fish on our return. Sometimes they will package and freeze it for us and sometimes we do it ourselves. If we do not have room in our room freezer the resort will store it for us. They also fix us dinner with it for a small fee. You cannot use dry ice or other ice in the cooler but if it is frozen good we have not had a problem getting it home still frozen.

Judy
Deer Path is offline   Reply With Quote