• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Redweek Still #1 (imo)

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
well i listed 3 of my 5 t/s for rent on redweek,myresortnetwork,tug and vtr and
and all 3 rented thru REDWEEK.same thing last year. did not get ANY responses from tug or VTR and only got 1 inquiry from myresortnetwork. so next year i'll just list on REDWEEK.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
orlando, and west palm, all in MARCH

buceo

Reaction score
I agree, besides personal contacts, redweek is the best producer.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I hope you are right. I just signed up with Redweek for a year and listed one rental with them.

irish

TUG Member
Reaction score
lisa
i don't know where your t/s is but the week you list and PRICE of rental is key!! in my case, with orlando for example, it would appeal more to families.i get a week when most families are able to travel. probable the renters would also have to purchase airfare so i price the unit at a cost which covers my m/f's allows me a SMALL profit, yet fits into the budget of a family having to also purchase airfare. they can see the value of my rental immediately. also, i DON'T try to make a large profit because i believe every child should have the opportunity of seeing "MICKEY" at least once while they still believe in MAGIC!!!
good luck

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I agreee, redweek is the only one I use now for rentals and sales!
Just rented Morritt's and several nbbles on Ireland for next year, successfully rented Cape Cod and Aruba and Ft Lauderdale last year - I also post on Craig's list Caribbean.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I listed my timeshare resort, that I recently sold, on both Redweek and MyResortNetwork. I received twice as many offers from MyResortNetwork than Redweek and it was much cheaper to list than Redweek. The person who bought it came from MyResortNetwork.

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Redweek Rentals

I've had very good luck with Redweek in the past for my summer Williamsburg weeks, but this year I had zero inquiries for both weeks listed. I ended up banking one week and renting the other on TUG. In the past I used Redweek and had multiple inquiries at a much higher price. I won't use them next year.

scotlass

TUG Member
Reaction score
No takers

I have listed my timeshare in England on both TUG and MyResortsNetwork and have had NO activity other than emails supposedly from someone in England with no command of the language (scam? do you think?) and someone willing to sell it for a mere $799 upfront. I guess I will try Redweek.

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you are right. I just signed up with Redweek for a year and listed one rental with them.

LisaH hope it works for you! I wouldn't sign up for a year of Redweek service myself unless your use date is way off.

I listed my unit which was sold out for Memorial week and listed at half the amount the resort rented our units.

I found another member had listed his unit ,same building as ours and not available showed on the listing. I e-mailed him to see why it was marked this way and not rented and he said he listed on Redweek for eight months and had no interest.

He told me he would get back and let me know how it went with the resort renting it for him. Two weeks later he e-mails me and tells me they rented at resort price which was about $130 a night higher and from now on this is only way he would list.

I waited on my listing until three weeks before use with no contact and called the resort and was told we are sold out and will take your unit if you want.

My wife and I talked about it and decided to use it ourself because we love our resort. Only reason we even thought of renting was our daughter had finals that week and couldn't go with us. We booked the next week and took her to Colorado Springs because she was only three the last time we took her there to see where I lived as a child for almost 14 years.

I payed Redweek and to me it was a total waste of money and time. I have stated this on Redweek and Tug that probably for every person that finds renter there probably is 1000 owners who don't and get stuck with their week.

This is also why I always tell people to pick a week every year that they can use if needed.

You see so many people that pick a holiday or prime time week and can't find a renter and can not use the week themselves and this is a waste. They do this thinking they will rent faster and for few hundred dollars more and when it works great!

We did rent few years ago off of Craigs list and had great deal.:clap:

Whirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So far, in the end, Redweek has been the best for me. I have rented my units and been the rentor successfully. I hesitated a bit when the fees went up a few years ago, but that has consistently been where my weeks have rented the easiest and contacts have been the best.

Still throw them out on TUG and myresortnetwork, but Redweek is what usually generates the closed deal ( Ocean City and Hilton Head summer and one Aruba , since someone was curious about what was being rented and when).

Have rented for personal use -- Westin St John ( beautiful 3 BR villa) and 2 Disney weeks ( concurrent, from same poster) through redweek postings.

I never use the escrow services or anything though, does anyone else?

Cheryl

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I listed my timeshare resort, that I recently sold, on both Redweek and MyResortNetwork. I received twice as many offers from MyResortNetwork than Redweek and it was much cheaper to list than Redweek. The person who bought it came from MyResortNetwork.

This has been my experience, too. I have had much better success with MRN. I get as many emails from www.vacationtimeshrerentals.com, and they are free, as I get from Redweek.

Redweek keeps people away with their membership fee--just to browse listings. I think Redweek is great because I can describe my resort and add pictures. I would love it if they just charged me the $15 to enter the site and not my possible renters. I am happy to pay $15 and happy to pay the rental fees. :)

zoobiedo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never rented but I recently bought a timeshare through RedWeek and am going next month for the first time. Can't wait.

Phill12

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have never rented but I recently bought a timeshare through RedWeek and am going next month for the first time. Can't wait.

Have a great vacation! Spend time checking out your resort and area around for your next vacation too! :cheer:

Seems you bought your timeshare for the right reason,to use! :whoopie:

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I did get a lot of responses from Redweek.com with about 8 responses but I received about 20 from MyResortNetwork.com. The interesting thing is that none of the responses were from resellers or other 3rd parties.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
rickncindy,
Right! I do not want to pay a fee to review weeks listed for rent or for sale.

If I were an owner and wanted to sell or rent a week that makes sense and I would happily pay a fee. I also do not like when owners do not list the view they own-OF,OV,OS or GV. It is annoying as a potential buyer/renter.

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
rickncindy,
Right! I do not want to pay a fee to review weeks listed for rent or for sale.

If I were an owner and wanted to sell or rent a week that makes sense and I would happily pay a fee. I also do not like when owners do not list the view they own-OF,OV,OS or GAV. It is annoying as a potential buyer/renter.

If their resort is a floating week resort as many are, then the owners do not own any particular view. That will be determined when you check-in. Some floating week resorts do allow owners to request particular unit locations on a first come first served basis.

Last edited:

Art4th

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've always successfully rented my weeks on craigslist. No fees at all and plenty of responses.

pcgirl54

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach
Sorry John, I did not specify that I was talking about" Marriotts only" which do have a view & season assigned to them. OV/GV/OS/OF I see many let's say Silver,Gold or Platinum ads that do not specify that info or blanket state the resort is oceanfront but as we all know that does not mean one has a OF week.