• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ownertrades

Billpcti

TUG Member
Reaction score
As a Marriott owner, is this (Ownertrades) a reputable, useful service as an option to Interval? Your thoughts?

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill: We have used Ownertrades three times over the last 5-7 years -- it works well! Our last trip we exchanged with a lady who lives in Japan who owns in Phuket, Thailand for our Newport Coast. Now I ask you, how else could that have happened and very little cost. :) The nicest thing about it is getting EXACTLY the week you want since the 'owner' is asking for that week for you.

Last edited:

Zac495

TUG Member
Reaction score
Love them.
I went to Newport Coast and off to Spain.

MLC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the concept when I first signed up but you have to plan at least 1and 1/2 years ahead so as to get what each owner wants. Alot of the owners do not know for sure if they are wanting to trade there weeks. The owners who contacted me did not have the platinum weeks that I wanted, all they had were gold or silver weeks. Which I can get those via II anytime. Having said all this I thick it is still worth trying.

I would sign up and see how it goes.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG direct exchange

I received an offer this morning to trade my summer 2009 Waiohai with a 2BR Harborside Atlantis weeks 1-19 in 2009. This came from TUG direct exchange.

Sorry, not trying to redirect this thread.

Billpcti

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks

I appreciate the feedback from all of you. I'll give it a try.

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
TUG Direct Exchange

I received an offer this morning to trade my summer 2009 Waiohai with a 2BR Harborside Atlantis weeks 1-19 in 2009. This came from TUG direct exchange.

Sorry, not trying to redirect this thread.

What is TUG Direct Exchange?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You can exchange directly with other TUGgers. The link - available only to TUG members - is in the Classified Ads, located at the top of any TUG page.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We purchased a week from a listing on this site. The purchase closed several months ago and the listing is still on the site. Do remember that this site is completly reliant on the owner keeping listings current, whether it be exchanges or for sale listings.

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
And some people just plain don't reply when you contact them...but that's probably not unique to TUG listings.

andrea t

TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I haven't yet tried Ownertrades, I have made many successful trades through the TUG direct exchange board. Give it a try.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What I like about ownertrades is the fact that you can gather all the owners at one resort and send them a mass email. I had this happen to me and it actually started discussions amoungst Waiohai owners that lasted about a week or so. Have never actually used it for a trade, however.

I did receive a good offer for a Westin Maui 2BR from a fellow through TUG.
Could not make it work last year (2007), but may give him a jingle for 2009.