Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old December 30, 2007, 12:38 PM   #1
JanB

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
Pros and Cons?

I purchased 94,500 annual Wyndham points at Dolphin's Cove to use and to trade. Now I'm looking for more. I'm looking at both Grand Desert, Las Vegas or Old Town Alexandria, to use and to trade. My goal is to have approx. 250,000 annual points.

My questions:
1. After reading much information, I have deciphered that I can combine my account, but need to watch that my annual renewal dates coincide with each other, eg 1/1-12/31 annually. True?

2. Would it be better to watch for a single large package of ~154,000 points or would 2 smaller packages of 77,000 points be OK?

3. If I purchase an EOY, will these points be added to my account on an EOY basis?

4. Should I just watch for annual points and forget about EOYs?

5. What are the major pros and cons of owning at more than one resort and combining points?

6. Are maintenance fees collected per resort or per point structure as in Worldmark?

Jan

Last edited by JanB; December 30, 2007 at 12:48 PM.
JanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2007, 03:30 PM   #2
Jya-Ning
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 15, 05

Resorts: Fairfield Kingsgate 84,000 Fairfield Cypress Palm 126,000 Even Year Usage Fairfield Palm Aire 168,000 Odd Year Usage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post
I purchased 94,500 annual Wyndham points at Dolphin's Cove to use and to trade. Now I'm looking for more. I'm looking at both Grand Desert, Las Vegas or Old Town Alexandria, to use and to trade. My goal is to have approx. 250,000 annual points.

My questions:
1. After reading much information, I have deciphered that I can combine my account, but need to watch that my annual renewal dates coincide with each other, eg 1/1-12/31 annually. True?
No, I have different use year, I feel better that way, some people want the same use year so they feel they can count the point better.
2. Would it be better to watch for a single large package of ~154,000 points or would 2 smaller packages of 77,000 points be OK?
As long as the total cost are the same (purchase + closing + resort transfer fee), will you care? However, make sure each package will at least be able to get you the size of room you want in the home resort at prime time. It is O.k. if you have 2 package all deed at the same resort, but sometime, some untrained VC will make mistake and does not allow you to combine them in ARP period.

3. If I purchase an EOY, will these points be added to my account on an EOY basis?
For transaction and collecting MF, it will be as 1/2 of the point value. For usuage, it will be given at the EOY base.

Why? It is upto you, I like EOY, it give me more point EOY to make reservation at Prime time in the home resort if I want

5. What are the major pros and cons of owning at more than one resort and combining points?
Owning multiple resorts
Pro
1. You have ARP right on every resort you own
2. Your MF is based on each resort, so you may reduce the chance of getting big SA hit
Con
1. You get to read multiple letters on budget of each resort, some people find it very confuse
2. You get to manage more than 1 contracts, image you want ARP on one and not the other, some people don't want to involve these
3. You get SA hit only on one resort, some people feel peace on that

6. Are maintenance fees collected per resort or per point structure as in Worldmark?
Jan
It is per resort

Jya-Ning
Jya-Ning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2007, 03:42 PM   #3
timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 11, 05

Resorts: Now Cypress Pointe w/Diamond Club,Cove@Yarmouth Former: RCI Points Rayburn Country, DVC/Wyndham - Wastegate gone gone!
No one answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanB View Post

My questions:

Jan
I see no need to have the same start dates on the contracts - in fact having two different can work out to be an advantage.

Smaller packages cost more to close & can cost more to maintain. Advise finding one annual that meets your need.

Owning at more than one resort spread the ARP but only applies to points at that resort. Fees may also be different (better is relative).

Just be sure to buy resale. Everything else is gravy.

ADOPT A TIMESHARE!
BUY RESALE!

Proudly Microsoft & Apple free with WebOS, Droid Samsung S4 & Verizon Wireless - DW w/Chromebook

timeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 30, 2007, 10:28 PM   #4
acesneights
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 11, 05
You can only ARP up to points you own at each resort, so with several small packages you will not be able to ARP an entire week at prime time at any one resort.

Stan
acesneights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 31, 2007, 12:41 AM   #5
JanB

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
OK. Thank you everyone. You have answered my questions very well. TUGgers are really great.

I'm going to look for one package large enough to book what I want at a resort I would like to go to, resale of course! Only paying 1 closing cost and membership transfer fee is a very good point.

So, because of your excellent advice, I will search for an EY or EOY and not worry about the anniversary month.
JanB is offline   Reply With Quote