• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Timeshare Rescue

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Timeshare Rescue in selling a TS? They claim that they will make an "immediate offer" for your TS, with no hassle, when they come to visit with you in your area. An incentive is a $25 gas voucher. If (and I assume this is a big IF) an agreement is reached, is there any chance that their check is worthless? Would appreciate any information.
Roy

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experience with Timeshare Rescue in selling a TS? They claim that they will make an "immediate offer" for your TS, with no hassle, when they come to visit with you in your area. An incentive is a $25 gas voucher. If (and I assume this is a big IF) an agreement is reached, is there any chance that their check is worthless? Would appreciate any information.
Roy

You can rest assured about their check. The $25 you get will be good. Now on the other hand the $3000 or so timeshare rescue will want from you for the privilege of giving them your timeshare is another matter. Do you have $3000 to spare and will your check be good.

J

JoeMid

Roy

You can rest assured about their check. The $25 you get will be good. Now on the other hand the $3000 or so timeshare rescue will want from you for the privilege of giving them your timeshare is another matter. Do you have $3000 to spare and will your check be good.
They won't take your check, only credit cards.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Clarifying, this company is what is commonly referred to here at TUG as a "postcard company". Their "offer" will be to relieve you of the burdensome ownership of your timeshare, which everyone knows (they will say) will haunt your heirs, cause financial problems for you because of rapidly rising MFs and special assessments, etc. They will likely also falsely claim that you can deduct the loss on disposition, including what you pay them, on your tax return. All of this in exchange for you paying them a lot of money. Yes, you paying them!

What Ed referred to, if it's not clear, is that their $25 check won't bounce. That's the only one they will offer to give you.

Stay away and use the time-tested methods in the "how to sell" article located at the top of the list of topics for this Buying, Selling, Renting forum to dispose of your timeshare.

Last edited:

arlene22

TUG Member
Reaction score
Their "immediate offer" will be for YOU to pay THEM thousands of dollars to take it off your hands. Don't fall for it. Follow Dave M's advice if you really want to sell. Or hang around these boards and learn how to get the most out of your timeshare. You may decide to keep it, once you know how to maximize your ownership. Good luck!

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I went to one of these presentations a few months back. It was exactly like Timeshare Relief, thus the similar name. The guy admits to being a former employee/ salesperson of Timeshare Relief. He feels he is more honest. I believe he posted here a time or two.

Same thing, different company, as Dave pointed out. There are so many new ones popping up in CO. Vacation Solutions has been here forever, longer than Timeshare Relief, then there is Vacation Ventures (there was a thread here of that title a few weeks ago), now Timeshare Rescue. Coloradoans love to take people for a ride, that's for sure.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Roy

I think the question you're asking is "will the check they write you for the TS purchase be worthless?" Not asking us if the $25 gas voucher will be legit, RIGHT?

As others have said They will not offer to buy your TS from you. They will offer to have you pay them $3000 to $4000 and then still not take ownership of your TS. They will instead have you sign the TS over to them via a power of attorney (POA). They will then use that POA to sell your TS on Ebay. Then then will have collected from your TS the $3000- $4000 you gave them plus whatever they got for the sale of the TS on Ebay. (Sometimes instead of eaby they will contact the resort and ask the resort if the resort wants it free, so they don't have to deal with ebay. )

So to answer your question, they will not write you a check. So, you need not worry if their check is good.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
but they will tell you "WE DONT SELL YOUR TIMESHARE"

thats their big hook...as they spend the first hour or so reinforcing your belief that timeshares cant be sold no matter what...and yer stuck with it.

then they turn around...cash your check...and hand your timeshare over to someone who will sell it.

if your timeshare really couldnt be sold...they wouldnt even accept money from you to take it off your hands.

skinsfan

Reaction score
Were you the one lighting up Timeshare Relief on myspace??? That was a pretty amusing thread :D

thats their big hook...as they spend the first hour or so reinforcing your belief that timeshares cant be sold no matter what...and yer stuck with it.

then they turn around...cash your check...and hand your timeshare over to someone who will sell it.

if your timeshare really couldnt be sold...they wouldnt even accept money from you to take it off your hands.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no...but it is amusing!

Bill4728

Reaction score

When 2 people start a business like the PCC, and one says "I'll get people to give me their TS and their money" and the other person says "I'll be the one to sell the TS and keep that money". That means the business is getting the TS and also selling the TS. Just because they (the 2 guys) set the company up as 2 seperate business doesn't mean that they are one single business.

They don't sell the TS from one business to the other. Neither business even takes title of the TS. How can the guy running the second business say he isn't in business with the first guy, when they both use the same POA to do the sale of the TS??

rwroth

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, all, for your comments. Guess I'll stay home. Yes, I wasn't asking about the $25 gas coupon but was wondering about whether any check they provided for your timeshare would bounce -- i.e. after you had signed the deed over to them. From your comments it looks like no check would ever be coming from them. I do find it hard to believe how anyone would pay Timeshare Rescue the $3000 or so noted in order to give them the privilege of selling your TS (?). What is their rationale for asking for the $3000? Is it just a high pressure sales pitch, short of holding a gun to your head?

Roy

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
How do they rationalize charging $3,500 to take back a timeshare you don't want?

This is their spiel:

1) Your timeshare is worthless, is going to lose value, is going to require assessments and will always have rising costs.

2) Your timeshare won't be what the salesman said. The exchange companies don't come through, you won't be able to get the dates you want at the resort, and the value goes down, not up.

3) Your heirs will be stuck with this horrible timeshare; your kids will be bitter that you left them with this timeshare.

4) Then they tell you that you can deduct the cost of the timeshare and even the finance charges and so many years of maintenance fees from your Capital Gains for the year. :rolleyes:

So you write a check and pay them to take this albatross off your hands. The scary thing, they get about 40-70% of the people to do it. They take power of attorney of the week, so now the owner cannot even get the cash from the week if the resort exercises ROFR. The postcard company's partner company gets the cash in a ROFR process. :eek: DISGUSTING! :mad:

shipahoy

Reaction score
Waste of time

Me and my husband went to the Timeshare Rescue on Jan 14, 2008. We did get the $25.; but other than that it's a waste of time.

The information is presented to you as a group. They tell you everything that is negative about timeshare ownership. There is no mention to how long they are in business as I had read from other comments. They do say that they helped over 2000 timeshare owners in 2007. They mention the Federal Disclosure Guidelines enacted in Jan 2005.
They tell you what they do:
" provide inventory to travel clubs; facilitate the transfer of timeshares; pays for all paperwork, closing costs, title fees, ... "
they even tell you about tax advantages you may be eligible for.

then the truth part - the "offer" they make you is for the mere cost of 7 times your maintenance fee or $3495. (whichever is less) they will take your timeshare off of your hands. (Yes, they want you to pay them) And your timeshare has to be completely paid off to get this great deal.

We got up immediately after he told us the offer. We actually thought it was funny. We did take the $25.

Nice presentation though and nice people there. Even served us coffee and tea. If you're looking for a way out this isnt it.

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You also missed the part where they don't take the timeshare off your hands. All they get is a power of attorney allowing them to dispose of the timeshare and keep the proceeds. But you still own it unless and until they (or their agent or business partner) gets rid of it.

e.bram

Reaction score
Good chance to buy a time share at a negative price. Poll the antendees and off it take the TS for $1500.00 instead of the $3500.00 the PCC is asking for. Looks like a better way to pick up TSes than Ebay or TUD.(get the TS and cash to boot)
I haven't been asked to attend yet but can' wait to go.

Theresa1343

Reaction score
Timeshare rescue scam

Has anyone actually went through with the sales "Pitch" from TS Rescue or relief? By that I mean, has anyone used their services? My husband is a real-estate attorney (and I a paralegal) and I am curious what his opinion would be about their shady operation. Can anyone provide the paperwork/material they use to push their business on their victims? Contracts?

Theresa :)

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Is There An Echo In Here ?

Click here to find out.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

mtngentleman

Reaction score
Has anyone actually went through with the sales "Pitch" from TS Rescue or relief? By that I mean, has anyone used their services? My husband is a real-estate attorney (and I a paralegal) and I am curious what his opinion would be about their shady operation. Can anyone provide the paperwork/material they use to push their business on their victims? Contracts?

Theresa :)

I paid them $4000 to transfer 4 weeks in three properties in April 2008
They have a lot of excuses and no results. I believe it is a scam

mtngentleman

Reaction score
Timeshare Rescue is a Fraud

I was sucked into a $4000 "investment" with them and still get letters about how the transfers will soon be here. In the meantime I am still on the hook for the fees. Yes talked with Mellisa several times. Recently got a form letter with email contacts with their transfer agents. It is a fraud

s

mtngentleman

Reaction score
Timeshare Rescue Fraud

Roy

I invested over $4000 with them in April 2008 to take 4 weeks off my back.

First excuse was that they fired their transfer company and were now doing the transfers themselves. That was last August. They continue the scam with letters and reassurance to keep the scam up. I have initiated actions against them and any help appreciated. The slick salesman is Ric Coury who is also on my list.

S

SueinWI

Reaction score
help

After reading all of your posts, I feel like a fool. My father went to this meeting in April 2008 as well. After paying them almost $3000, nothing has been done. Same song and dance - changed companies etc... bottom line my 68 yr old father is now late on paying 2009 MF's. I have on several occasions tried to contact TSR both email and phone with no response. Just last week received a phone call from someone saying TSR had given his name and phone number out as a referance. Any help or advise any of you can give would be great ! Thanks

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Forewarned Is Forearmed.

Any help or advise any of you can give would be great !
I don't know any kind of help to recommend after the fact -- i.e., once people have already become ensnared in the tentacles of these scams, I don't know anything to recommend that can undo the damage.

About all I can suggest is warning off others before it's too late -- by spreading the word far & wide about the Multiple Layers Of Overlapping Timeshare Scam that are out there waiting to snag the unwary.

This is just 1 more example of the fact that Knowledge Is Power. It's just a dirty shame when sharp operators out there are set up specifically to take unfair advantage of people who lack that knowledge.

Sheesh.

-- Alan Cole, McLEan (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​