Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > General Discussion > TUG Lounge

TUG Lounge The place for all discussions that don't fit into the other defined forum areas. Posts discussing politics, religion, and controversial social issues that are not directly related to timesharing are not permitted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old January 24, 2008, 01:17 PM   #1
Ann-Marie

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Summit at Massanutten, Sheraton Desert Oasis
How to find out who lives in a particular house

My husband is a volunteer firefighter. Every time there is a house fire, I am always curious if the house he is at is someone I know. Is there a website that I can use to put in an address that will give me the homeowners name?

Ann-Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Conan
TUG Member

Resorts: Too many!
Try reverse address lookup: http://411locate.com/reverse_lookup.htm
Conan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 24, 2008, 01:56 PM   #3
jlwquilter
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 24, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marie View Post
My husband is a volunteer firefighter. Every time there is a house fire, I am always curious if the house he is at is someone I know. Is there a website that I can use to put in an address that will give me the homeowners name?
I use the property appraisor website for the county that the house is located in. Each site is different so I can't say if your county site would be easy to use but it's worth a try. On mine, I have the option to enter address or name or subdivision, etc. and then get all the info on the house. Great for buying and selling and renting!
jlwquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 09:58 AM   #4
Don

TUG Member

Resorts: Wyndham National Harbor, Wyndham Bonnet Creek, Sands Ocean Club, Sea Oats Beach Club
I was going to suggest the same thing, but you have to realize that many counties do not put that info online. The next best is a reverse number lookup site. 411locate is not the only one. If you can't find it there, try another.
Old January 25, 2008, 10:02 AM   #5
arlene22

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 21, 05

Resorts: Harborside @ Atlantis Marriott Manor Club Sequel Vistana Resort - Cascades SVN 4* DVC Boardwalk
I liberated myself from bulky phone books a while ago. Threw them out and now only use www.411.com which also has a reverse lookup feature.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
-St. Augustine
arlene22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 10:49 AM   #6
Ann-Marie

TUG Member

411.com works great. Thank You.

Old January 25, 2008, 02:23 PM   #7
Wonka
TUG Lifetime Member

[QUOTE=Ann-Marie;457539]411.com works great. Thank You.[/QUOTEI

Is this free? I've found so many "find" sites charge a fee once they locate the info, but it doesn't tell you until you've completed the search.
Wonka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 02:51 PM   #8
Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 16, 04
Ann-Marie,
Why not join the Red Cross as a disaster action team member? You would then be one of the responders who help assess what people need after a fire and guide them to help for their immediate needs.

Fern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann-Marie View Post
NOT MY CIRCUS,
NOT MY MONKEYS.

--Polish Proverb
Fern Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 02:57 PM   #9
Icarus
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlwquilter View Post
I use the property appraisor website for the county that the house is located in.
That would tell you who owns the house, not who lives in the house. That isn't quite the same thing if you are renting.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 03:55 PM   #10
arlene22

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Oct 21, 05

Resorts: Harborside @ Atlantis Marriott Manor Club Sequel Vistana Resort - Cascades SVN 4* DVC Boardwalk
www.411.com is free.

Once in a while, if you are searching for a number that turns out to be unlisted, they will give you an option to do a further search, which would cost more money. But you can get all the information you get from a phone book, plus reverse phone and reverse address, for free.

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page."
-St. Augustine
arlene22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 04:54 PM   #11
Ann-Marie

TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fern Modena View Post
Ann-Marie,
Why not join the Red Cross as a disaster action team member? You would then be one of the responders who help assess what people need after a fire and guide them to help for their immediate needs.

Fern
Fern I would love to do something like that. However, for years I was the one to stay home with my kids, and now we babysit full time, so I still stay home with kids. Our town is so small that most of the time the FD gets a good handle on a fire, and not too many people are displaced. Only once in my 31 years living here has there been a fire where the Red Cross had to come and relocate people. We only have a small 2 story townhouse complex. We do not have any apartment buildings.

Old January 25, 2008, 05:47 PM   #12
Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 16, 04
I once lived in a town such as the one you describe, with very few apartments. And yet people were displaced, when houses caught on fire. Usually in the middle of the night. My husband was a disaster responder for Red Cross when we lived there. It takes a special kind of person to do this.

Fern
NOT MY CIRCUS,
NOT MY MONKEYS.

--Polish Proverb
Fern Modena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 07:48 PM   #13
jlwquilter
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 24, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
That would tell you who owns the house, not who lives in the house. That isn't quite the same thing if you are renting.

-David
You are absolutely correct! I didn't think of that when I posted. Still... the county sites are awful handy for lots of stuff
jlwquilter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 25, 2008, 08:48 PM   #14
JLB

Resorts: Posts: 7503, Add another 2500 posts!!! Registered Dec. 2000 Registered: Mar 2002
When I was trying to look after my mother from 400 miles away, on one of the online phone directories you could put in an address and look at an entire neighborhood.

She was shocked when I knew everyone around her.
JLB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 26, 2008, 09:42 AM   #15
swift

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Lake Condominiums, Big Sky, MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

-David

Well...., not always. I looked up the house next door, cause I would like to track down the landlord and exchange a few words with him , but the info it gave me was the name and phone number of the previous renter.
Old January 26, 2008, 06:21 PM   #16
Banker

TUG Member

Resorts: Tropic Shores in Daytona Shores, Florida Sunrise Ridge in Pigeon Forge, Tenn and Club Land'Or Paradise Island Nassau,
Well, that was quite interesting! I went to our county's tax commissioner's website and plugged in our address and saw what we paid in taxes, when it was received, value of the house, etc. I was curious and put in all of our neighbor's addresses also. I never went to this site before, quite revealing!
Banker is offline   Reply With Quote