• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Desert Oasis

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Nodge's post #5 in this thread makes reference to bonus time at SDO:

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63016&highlight=bonus+time

I'd like some more information on this if anyone knows:

How much is it?
Is there much availability?
Who do you call to make a reservation? The resort directly or Starwood?
Is this available to all owners, or only those who bought before Starwood took over?

Thanks!

Glorian

nodge

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Glorian,

If you log into mystarcentral.com and click around aimlessly in the FAQ section accessed through your SDO listing that appears, you'll eventually stumble onto this:

Q: What are the Reservation procedures for Bonus Time?

A: Please call Owner Services to arrange Bonus Time reservations.
Provided an owner is in good standing, the owner may reserve Bonus Time in accordance with the following conditions:

An owner may have only one confirmed Bonus Time reservation during the a Use Year. The owner may not make the reservation for Bonus Time more than 30 days prior to 3:30pm MST on the date which is the first day for which such a reservation is sought. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.

Full payment for the Bonus Time will be made at the time of confirmation. Once a reservation is confirmed it cannot be canceled. Friday, Saturday and holiday stays require a two-night minimum. Sunday through Thursday may be booked for one night only. Reservations may not exceed 5 consecutive nights.

If the owner checks out before the end of the reservation, the owner will be charged for the unused time. All proceeds received on account of Bonus Time will be deposited in the General Operating Account of the Association.

Last time I tried, all available rooms (large one bedroom or small one bedrooms, but no two bedroom L/O's) were $99/night, but I've never been able to get one.

First time I tried (several attempts), I was told no availability.

Second time (several attempts) a few months later, I was told at least once that the program had been cancelled. (Which SVO can't do because it's in SDO's CC&R's.) ANY SDO owner (original purchaser, before Starwood, after Starwood, and resale) qualifies for this deal, but as I said, I've never had any success with it.

Good Luck, and please post your results to your attempts here.

-nodge

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
Nodge--you amaze me! Thanks for the info. If I do attempt to book bonus time, I will be sure to report back.

Glorian

djyamyam

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just pulling this old thread out of mothballs as I remember reading it from way back. Does anyone know if this still applies or tried it recently? The website has been updated a few times now so I can't seem to find any reference to it anymore but if it's the CC&R, the website shouldn't matter

Venter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Club Son Antem, Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve, Marriott Vacation Club @ Los Suenos, MVC points, Sheraton Lakeside Terrace, Sheraton Flex, Westin Flex, Aventuras
Hi Glorian,

If you log into mystarcentral.com and click around aimlessly in the FAQ section accessed through your SDO listing that appears, you'll eventually stumble onto this:

Q: What are the Reservation procedures for Bonus Time?

A: Please call Owner Services to arrange Bonus Time reservations.
Provided an owner is in good standing, the owner may reserve Bonus Time in accordance with the following conditions:

An owner may have only one confirmed Bonus Time reservation during the a Use Year. The owner may not make the reservation for Bonus Time more than 30 days prior to 3:30pm MST on the date which is the first day for which such a reservation is sought. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.

Full payment for the Bonus Time will be made at the time of confirmation. Once a reservation is confirmed it cannot be canceled. Friday, Saturday and holiday stays require a two-night minimum. Sunday through Thursday may be booked for one night only. Reservations may not exceed 5 consecutive nights.

If the owner checks out before the end of the reservation, the owner will be charged for the unused time. All proceeds received on account of Bonus Time will be deposited in the General Operating Account of the Association.

Last time I tried, all available rooms (large one bedroom or small one bedrooms, but no two bedroom L/O's) were $99/night, but I've never been able to get one.

First time I tried (several attempts), I was told no availability.

Second time (several attempts) a few months later, I was told at least once that the program had been cancelled. (Which SVO can't do because it's in SDO's CC&R's.) ANY SDO owner (original purchaser, before Starwood, after Starwood, and resale) qualifies for this deal, but as I said, I've never had any success with it.

Good Luck, and please post your results to your attempts here.

-nodge
I have this at Lakeside Terrace too (in the CC&R's) and when I called nobody seemed to know anything about it. Was SDO taken over by Vistana and like Lakeside Terrace this may be legacy language not utilized by Vistana anymore?