• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Lisbon

mamadot

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have a long layover in Lisbon, Portugal on our way to Cape Verde Islands, Africa.

We have never been to Lisbon and would like to spend a night or two. Can anyone recomend clean but inexpensive hotels there??

Carolinian

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lisbon is a great city, and well worth a stopover, There are some neat royal palaces close by, as well, in Sintra. The hotel I used was a small one in the old part of the city, but it's been a while and I can't remember the name of it.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DW & I stayed at Clarion Suites Lisbon, based on positive reviews at tripadvisor. We were very pleased. For less than the price of most hotels, you get a suite, consisting of a bedroom plus a combination living room/dining room/kitchen. It was clean and well managed. The only riff on this place, noted in the tripadvisor reviews, is that it's a little (not a lot) out of the way. But it's about 3 blocks from the subway, which is then a direct shot into the tourist area. Better yet, the walk from here to the tourist district is about 20 minutes, slightly downhill, and through interesting shop and tourist areas itself, and past several very nice parks. If you stay here, I'd recommend that you do as we did -- take the 20 minute walk to the tourist areas, spend the day, then take the subway or one of the very inexpensive cabs to get back to the hotel.

I highly recommend it. Other than location, it's ideal.
(Note to self -- I still haven't done a tripadvisor review for this).