• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC - I Drive

suekap

Reaction score
Which building would you request and why at this propery? I would like to stay in a newer building, but I am afraid it will be too far from the pool and we spend most of out time at the pool. We are trading in, so is it even possible to request a certain building?

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are 7 buildings built around a lake. 1-4 are on one side of the lake, and 5-7 are on the other. The smaller leisure pool is at the end of the lake between buildings 4 and 5. Building 1 is adjacent to the main pool.
Building 1 and 2 were built first, then 3 thru 7 built sequentially. Building 7 just opened in the last week or two.
Buildings 1 and 2 are 6 floors. Buildings 3-6 are 7 floors. And building 7 is 8 floors.
They are in the process of building a bridge across the lake, so, when completed, buildings 4-7 will have easier access to the main pool.

abc31

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed on building one and it was closest to the main pool and clubhouse. Also, if you are going during a peak time when parking spaces might be an issue, Building One is closest to the registration building and you can always use one of the spaces in that area. You'll love the resort. Enjoy!

abc

suekap

Reaction score
Thank you for the info. I might try and stay in building 7, we are not going until August, so hopefully the bridge will be built. I know I would rather not be near the smaller pool.

Sue

chesterbhoy

Reaction score
Look on google maps and select the satellite view - this gives a good view of the HGVC layout.

Building 7 is the closest to the car parking for Premier Outlet Mall.

We have stayed in building 2 on 3 occasions - great location.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the bridge, anybody know when it will open? We're going in late April - early May, and I'm wondering if it will be open. Any eyewitness reports?

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Building 7 is the closest to the car parking for Premier Outlet Mall.

Not anymore.

They closed that parking area, and are beginning construction of an addition to the mall. The gate to the mall (behind building 6) is also closed (temporarily I presume). The mall also built a new parking ramp. It's in back of the small pool area building (the one with the Pizza Hut in it.)

Last edited:

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Speaking of the bridge, anybody know when it will open? We're going in late April - early May, and I'm wondering if it will be open. Any eyewitness reports?

I think it will be open by then. I'm at this resort now.

The bridge has reached all the way across the lake now. The deck covering is probably about 75% across. And the railings are probably about 40% across. They've made a lot of progress in the past week, and I'd be surprised if it wasn't open within a few weeks.

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm in building 1. It's the first building built.

Pros: next to main pool, recreation/check-in building, deli, and bar
Haven't had any problem finding parking, even when returning late. Even if the closest parking was filled, there is plenty of parking available nearby next to the check-in building.
Close to resort exit (don't have to drive thru entire resort to exit)

Cons: none really. Even though it's the oldest building, it isn't all that old (maybe 4 to 5 years), and is in great shape. When they have a pool event (dive-in movie, some kind of entertainment), you can hear it in the room a little. But it's not bothersome, and is always over by 9 or 10 pm.

My preference, no matter what building you get, would be for rooms ending in 05 thru 11, and on floor 2 or higher.

btw: now that building 7 is open, they've opened the road all the way around the resort (it only went part way around while construction was going on, so building 5 and 6 had to go thru the entire resort to get to their building). Now buildings 5-7 can go directly to their buildings without going all the way around.

Last edited:

suekap

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Why are rooms ending in 05 - 11 good? I hope you are having a great time - is the weather good?

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Why are rooms ending in 05 - 11 good? I hope you are having a great time - is the weather good?

05-11 are good because they all directly face the lake.
The others may or may not face the lake, or they may face garden areas.
Units ending in 04 and 12 are corner units and have a lake view, but usually more of a direct garden view.
In building 4 units ending 01-04 and building 5 units ending 11-15 face a parking ramp.

Weather has been outstanding - in the upper 70's and low 80's. But a few cooler days are coming up now.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks much, John! Always great to have a first-hand account. Have a magical time!

chesterbhoy

Reaction score
In building 1 and 2 - From memory unit 01 is a two bedroom unit (king & 2 queens), unit 02 is a studio lock-out to 01. Unit 03 is another two bedroom (2 kings) and unit 04 is a lock-out studio to 04.

Views are not great as either the car park, gardens or adjacent building......but we spend so little time in the unit during the day not really an issue.

Cant wait to return in on 20th Dec 08......hopefully all building works complete or workers on holiday!

suekap

Reaction score
It is important for us to have the guest bedroom with 2 queens in it, so I guess my first request better be that. I did not realize until just now that some rooms have 2 queens, I thought they all had a king and sleeper sofa in the guest room. Thanks for the info.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a bit strange how HGVC lists the 2BR units on their reservations page on their web site. When I made our reservation, they listed both types of 2BR units -- one with two full size beds in the 2nd BR, one with a king. Then for a while they only listed one type of 2BR, without specifying the type of beds. Now I see they're again listing both types, and showing that the one with a king is a lockoff with its own kitchenette.

My reservation confirmation only specifies 2BR, though I explicitly reserved the one with a king bed in the 2nd BR. I plan to call about 2 weeks before to confirm the type and location of unit I'll have.

Note however that they list the one with two beds as having full size beds, not queen size. I haven't been there yet, so I can't confirm. But if you call to ask for a specific unit, you should confirm the type of bed. For myself, I'd have a hard time being comfortable on a full size bed.

suekap

Reaction score
I traded into HGVC, so can I still call the property to request what type of beds or get information?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't hurt to call and ask. According to this thread, it sounds like they prioritize direct rentals (to try to get a sale), then members, then exchanges. But I suspect it depends on which clerk you talk to.

I asked for recommendations on who to call in this thread, and a TUGger gave me a direct number. I love TUG :clap:

chesterbhoy

Reaction score
We have stayed in two types of 2BR unit.

1. Master bedroom had king bed and whirlpool bath, second bedroom had two "double" beds and in the open plan lounge/kitchen there was a pull-out "double" sofa.

2. Master bedroom with king/whirlpool and in lounge/kitchen there was a pull out sofa. The guest room was a self contained lock-out unit, with a king bed, bathroom and small kitchen area (microwave/kettle/fridge).

suekap

Reaction score
Wow, I thought if the guest bedroom had a king bed it also had a pull out. I better call a couple of weeks before so I am certain what I have. I might have to bring an air mattress.