Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Hilton / HGVC

Hilton / HGVC Discussions about Hilton resorts and Hilton Grand Vacation Club

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old February 16, 2008, 11:07 PM   #1
nittanylion
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 15, 08
HGVC seaworld

I am looking into buying this but concerned about transportation to the parks. Besides renting a car, what is the most economical and efficient way to get to the parks?
nittanylion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2008, 12:50 AM   #2
rkdahl
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 18, 07
Not sure exactly which parks you are referring to but staying at HGVC Seaworld you can walk to Seaworld but thats about it. They do have a shuttle that runs to WDW and Universal for a small fee. But that is only a few times a day at set times which would really cramp your flexibility of park visits.

I think a rental car is really the only economical option. You'd easily pay more in cab fares/day if you went to a park each day. And with the rental car you can come and go when you please.
rkdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2008, 04:33 AM   #3
chesterbhoy

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 2, 05

Resorts: HGVC International Drive Orlando - 2BR Platinum (7000pts)
A rental car would give you greater flexibility and I would recommend. However, this resort is on the main I-Ride Trolley route, hence good connection to everything on international drive. Also Lynx provide a very good service.

HGVC also they provide a FREE shuttle to Universal in the morning and then returning in the evening (bus starts at HGVC on Int Drive, then to seaworld then up to US/IOA).

Seaworld, Aquatica and Discovery Cove can all be reached in a 10min walk.

For Disney, there is a shuttle which is approx $10 per person, but a taxi is probably your best option if in a family.
chesterbhoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 17, 2008, 10:28 AM   #4
alwysonvac

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 11, 05

Resorts: Four Seasons (1 wk), non-elite Hilton (2 EY + 1 EOY), Disney, WorldMark, Stawood (1 EY + 1 EOY)
Learn something new everyday

We always rent a car when we're in Orlando even when we stay onsite at DisneyWorld. I love the choices of supermarkets, restaurants, shopping areas and entertainment options that a rental car gives me.

I never thought about taking the bus. I just did a search on the Lynx Bus Service. Bus Link #50 (see website for schedule and route below) connects Seaworld and DisneyWorld. It also goes to the Lynx central station terminal where you can pick up other buses. http://www.golynx.com/?fuse=cstm&app=route

Last edited by alwysonvac; February 17, 2008 at 11:29 AM. Reason: fixed typo
alwysonvac is offline   Reply With Quote