Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > All Other Timeshare Systems

All Other Timeshare Systems Discussion of other timeshare systems that do not have dedicated forums (e.g. Hyatt, VRI, Bluegreen, Westgate etc.)

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old March 25, 2008, 07:04 AM   #1
icydog

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Disney Vacation Club, 7 Marriott weeks, DC points, waiting on the Grandview and VV
Help --Should I sign with Bluegreen today

I spent a lot of time with a BG salesperson yesterday. It wasn't until early this morning that I realized we may have made a gigantic mistake. I thought you MUST buy some pts from BG or Pinnacle to become a silver or Gold member.

I have 7K pts I bought resale and I like the program a lot. I wanted to add to this pt base but I think I read you have to buy some pts from bluegreen, developer issued points, to gain this status.

We couldn't wait yesterday so we said we would come back today to sign for 6K point @ $10K including closing. Now I am getting cold feet and I am supposed to be there at 9 am to sign on the dotted line.

I was told, by BG rep yesterday, I could buy add'l points on the resale market but needed to purchase at least 5K from them to become silver or gold. Isn't this a fact?

Am I correct in my assumptions-- should I bite the bullet and buy direct from BG this morning. $10K seems like a lot of $$$!!!

Thanks

Marylyn
Old March 25, 2008, 07:40 AM   #2
thetimeshareguy

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 19, 05

Resorts: Club Trinidad (California)
I suggest you not rush; instead, take time to do more research here. This is a lot of money to spend for the dubious advantage of a "gold or silver" program. You need to compare notes with more Bluegreen members to see if this is worthwhile. The deal will not go away. Many mistakes that people make in timeshare come from making a rushed decision.
thetimeshareguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2008, 08:50 AM   #3
CharlesS
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05

Resorts: Bluegreen Platinum Member, Cypress Pointe I, Fox Hills
Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by icydog View Post
Now I am getting cold feet and I am supposed to be there at 9 am to sign on the dotted line.

I was told, by BG rep yesterday, I could buy add'l points on the resale market but needed to purchase at least 5K from them to become silver or gold. Isn't this a fact?

Am I correct in my assumptions-- should I bite the bullet and buy direct from BG this morning. $10K seems like a lot of $$$!!!

Thanks

Marylyn
Since you are getting cold feet and you feel that it is a lot of $$$, don't buy now. To get to silver, you will have to buy some points (probably less than 5000) from either Bluegreen (or an authorized reseller) eventually but you are not close enough to do it now. thetimeshareguy gave you good advice. Also, you can rent stays at Bluegreen resorts until you are ready to make the next purchase so you can still enjoy Bluegreen more than you are doing so now.

Charles
CharlesS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2008, 09:05 AM   #4
icydog

TUG Member

Resorts: Disney Vacation Club, 7 Marriott weeks, DC points, waiting on the Grandview and VV
I guess I'll wait and check out Pinnacle

Is Pinacle better than BG direct? I got the deal with extra years worth of points. Can Pinacle give me the same deal. I haen't had a call from them yet and my appt was for 9. I have very cold feet. They should closed the deal yesterday. So silly to let me out without a signed contract. I was in sales for 25 years and I would never have done that.
Marylyn
Old March 25, 2008, 10:10 AM   #5
lprstn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 14, 07

Resorts: Wyndham Bali Hai Villas (759,000 pts) Wyndham Kona (231,000 pts EOY) Sheraton Vistana (Fountains) Presidential Resort,
Well I would by resale first, for a much lesser price tag, and if I find I want to upgrade, upgrade later, there is always a deal out there.
Old March 25, 2008, 10:29 AM   #6
DeniseM

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Starwood-WKORV, SDO, & SVR, Roark Vacation Club, Kingsbury Crossing, Edinburg Residence, 7 x Kauai Beach Villas
Snce Bluegreen is dscussed on the "All Other Timeshares Forum," am going to move your post there, where you may get more help.

my webpage
DeniseM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 25, 2008, 11:01 AM   #7
Bill4728

TUG Lifetime Member

Resorts: Club Intrawest, DRI-Monarch Grand Vacations, Mountainside Lodge, Marriott Newport Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by icydog View Post
I spent a lot of time with a BG salesperson yesterday. It wasn't until early this morning that I realized we may have made a gigantic mistake. I thought you MUST buy some pts from BG or Pinnacle to become a silver or Gold member.

Thanks

Marylyn
BocaBum is the Bluegreen expert. But, To get Silver or Gold you must buy from Bluegreen or an authorized reseller. So don't buy from BG but look into an authorized reseller.

BocaBum is the man you need to speak to before you do anything at all. Email him or PM him. His online here on TUG and also spends a lot of time at TS4Ms.com
Old March 25, 2008, 12:58 PM   #8
BocaBum99

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 7, 05
I spoke to Icydog this morning to help clarify her options. It can be confusing at times. I think she has a clear plan of attack now.
BocaBum99 is offline   Reply With Quote