• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Does FAX website exist?

Texas Packrat

Reaction score
FAX only gets you other Wyndham, weeks based resorts. Those are few and far between and even those that exist are being slowly converted to Fairshare Plus Points as owners buy into that system. While you may get something from it the pool is shallow and small. How fees for FAX works I'm not able to say.

Is there a website that could tell me ANYTHING about the remaining FAX timeshares? If not, what is the Fairfield website address? Or, perhaps there is only a Wyndham website now. I notice that some members refer to looking at a website and being able to tell exactly what is available and when. What website would that be? Thanks again for any help...

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not a FAX owner. I don't think they pay too much concentration on FAX. The resorts is still those resorts that was set up before the point program and nothing added. I believe they did send out yearly book tell you what happen in that program, but you will need to call some number to make reservation. I doubt there are enough activities there. But you should beable to call them and ask for an annual report.

The last I know, when I bought a unit in old FAX program, I got a link just to pay the bill, I am not quite sure if all the resorts in there are in FAX program.

TimeShare_Von(??) is a FAX owner, you may want to sent her a PM, have not seen her acivities for a while.

Jya-Ning

mshatty

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Can you log on to the Wyndham Vacation Resorts website? If so, go to At Your Service on the menu bar; click on Owner Education. Under Owner Education it has a section on the FAX Program, describing how it works. It doesn't list the resorts that are part of it though.

Here's an article from the old Fairfield Yahoo group that may be of help.

"FAX: An exchange service owned and operated by Fairfield Resorts Inc. Membership in FAX is provided to owners in good standing of interval time at FAX resorts.

FAX was the internal exchange system for Fairfield before FairShare Plus was developed.

It works with unconverted fixed weeks or converted fixed weeks that have been ARPed by the owner parallel to RCI and required no additional annual dues at first.
The fee structure is higher than FSP but lower than RCI for exchanges.

Three characteristics of FAX resorts are:

They usually have a residential component.
They started out as fixed week resorts.
They charge maintenance fees based on number of weeks not points.

Due to number three, most of the converted fixed week inventory from FAX resorts was from prime and high time inventory. This ravaged the FAX inventory and left the remaining members with low and value week inventory to trade among themselves.

The other option was to deposit into RCI and exchange there. Some POAs in the FAX resorts seceded after Fairfield went bankrupt and tried to claim common property as company assets. After that more POAs left when FSP demanded members converting fixed weeks turn over voting proxies to the trust.

A matter of no trust established between the VOA Trust and POAs at that point. This is why you occasionally see cautions that not all 'Fairfield' fixed weeks can be converted.

A disappearing breed of FAX owners are those who actually use their own week each year.

Here is an alphabetical listing of the original Fairfield resorts that include FAX owners.

Bay
Flagstaff
Glade
Harbour
Mountains
Myrtle Beach
Sands Ocean Club
Sands Beach Club
Ocean Forest Colony
Westwinds
Ocean Ridge
Pagosa
Plantation
Sapphire Valley
Williamsburg
Kingsgate
Patriots’ Place
Harbortown Point
Orlando International Resort Club"

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
Hi there - heard my name used :) Sorry with my continued limited access to e-mail due to my living/work situation, I'm not here very long at a time and don't read all threads daily like I used to.

I own two FF/Wyndham resorts that are part of the FAX program - Kingsgate and Flagstaff. I have not converted either to points. I don't think I would ever consider using Wyndham's FAX program for trading, even though it does save you exchange fees. The underlying issue for me is the complete lack of resort availability, given the small number of deposits they get from other FF/Wyndham fixed weeks.

They used to provide a biennial report to all FAX resort owners, but I don't think I've seen one in over three years. I did a thorough evaluation of their annual report that included deposits, exchanges and other interesting stats including how many units at each of the participating resorts have as potential exchange inventory. Of course, makes no difference if people are not depositing.

I would encourage you to go over to the Wyndham owners' group. There I have posted some of my findings and views on this issue. (SOrry - I don't have the link but Jya or Mike can provided it - or you can find it somewhere here on Tug when Glenn posted info a while back.)

Good luck to you, and yes, please feel free to write me privately offlist.

p.s. Wyndham has NO focus and very little support on FAX - so don't look to them for much help.