• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott MOC - prices of floating units

taffy19

Reaction score
Our friends took a tour at the MOC and we did an update at the same time on March 26. They received the following price sheets that were effective from March 22.

Lahaina Villas – One Week

Two Bedroom

Ocean Front - SOLD OUT
Ocean View - SOLD OUT
Mountain/Garden - SOLD OUT

Napili Villas - Two Bedroom

Ocean Front - $73,200
Island View - $45,400

Maui Ocean Club Suites – One Week

One Bedroom

Ocean Front - $38,700
Ocean View - $36,200
Mountain/Garden - $29,400
Island View - $24,200

Two Bedroom

Ocean Front - $62,500
Ocean View - $57,100
Mountain/Garden - $46,000

Maui Ocean Club Suites – Every Other Year

One Bedroom

Ocean Front - $23,220
Ocean View - $21,720
Mountain/Garden - $17,640 (This was crossed out on their sheet).
Island View - $14,520 (This was crossed out too).

I will ask our friends, when they come back upstairs, if they are sold out.

Two Bedroom

Ocean Front $37,500
Ocean View $34,260
Mountain/Garden $27,600

Our friends told us that there were no fixed weeks available at the new Lahaina tower but there are a few as I have a price sheet showing what is still available. I also have the prices for the fixed units at the new Napili tower but they vary a lot as it depends what week it is and what floor they are on.

PS. Our friends told me now that the crossed out units were no longer available so they must be sold. Our tour was only four days later of the effective price sheet date! They told us that the resort was selling well. They offered many points that week too.

Last edited:

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prices

Thank you for the update.

Do you know what percentage of Napili Villas is sold?

Also, I would be interested in knowing the price range for the fixed units. [Are there any fixed units available in the Lahaina Villas? - if so, I would like to know the range for that building as well.]

I find it interesting that the prices for the Naplili Villas, Island View, are less ($45,000) than the prices for the Island View in the Lahaina Villas ($50,000 as of last August).

I've noticed that the asking prices on Redweek for units in the Lahaina Villas keep going lower. Bummer.

taffy19

Reaction score
Thank you for the update.

Do you know what percentage of Napili Villas is sold?

Also, I would be interested in knowing the price range for the fixed units. [Are there any fixed units available in the Lahaina Villas? - if so, I would like to know the range for that building as well.]

I find it interesting that the prices for the Naplili Villas, Island View, are less ($45,000) than the prices for the Island View in the Lahaina Villas ($50,000 as of last August).

I've noticed that the asking prices on Redweek for units in the Lahaina Villas keep going lower. Bummer.
I will scan the price sheets when I come home and email them to you. Resale prices may go lower and they most likely will, if flying or gasoline get so expensive, but what do you care if you plan to use it year after year? It becomes a tradition for many families and then for their kids. We have gone through several cycles already that prices went up and down again but we enjoy it always when we are back in Maui or at our other timeshare locations too (Mexico).

We are sitting on our balcony now with a glass of wine with our friends. They like to read so I can use my computer without any guilt. ;) We consider our timeshare units as a home away from home without all the hassles of owning a property. What is bad for us is that we need to fly to all locations except Laguna Beach which is only half an hour away from home. It is still another world because it is on the ocean. :D

Buying a timeshare in driving distance of your home is excellent advise for timeshare newbies :cheer: as it will save you lots of money and aggravation with the airlines/airports and security!

cp73

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Emmy

My friend came back from MOC in late February and said he purchased a three bedroom, fixed week (May), Ocean Front (top two floors) for $84,000. I dont see any three bedrooms on your list? Do they exists or did I misunderstand him?

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new towers Lahaina and Napili have 3 bedrooms.

The 3 bedrooms have the most direct oceanfront location in those towers.

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
3 Bedrooms

Emmy

My friend came back from MOC in late February and said he purchased a three bedroom, fixed week (May), Ocean Front (top two floors) for $84,000. I dont see any three bedrooms on your list? Do they exists or did I misunderstand him?

I met a person in January (at MOC) who had bought a 3 bedroom fixed in the Lahaina Villas for $61,000. What a deal (sort of). Prices seem to be all over the place - must depend, in part, on how much the salesperson thinks she can get out of you.

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
You Are Probably Right

I will scan the price sheets when I come home and email them to you. Resale prices may go lower and they most likely will, if flying or gasoline get so expensive, but what do you care if you plan to use it year after year? It becomes a tradition for many families and then for their kids. We have gone through several cycles already that prices went up and down again but we enjoy it always when we are back in Maui or at our other timeshare locations too (Mexico).

Buying a timeshare in driving distance of your home is excellent advise for timeshare newbies :cheer: as it will save you lots of money and aggravation with the airlines/airports and security!

Thank you!

You are probably right about getting into the spirit of enjoying your TS and forgetting the economics of it all. I am painting the interior of our home to match the colors of our Villa at MOC. Its a fun way to bring home some of the Island magic.

I guess if air fares get too crazy we can exchange into the Newport Villas. I've always enjoyed the Newport area.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I met a person in January (at MOC) who had bought a 3 bedroom fixed in the Lahaina Villas for $61,000. What a deal (sort of). Prices seem to be all over the place - must depend, in part, on how much the salesperson thinks she can get out of you.

The prices have gone up so much since we were there in Feb 07. I know something we were looking at for $66k, went to 90k before it sold out. I was really considering buying a few weeks just to flip in a few years, because I was wondering if prices would continue to sky rocket, but then I thought, no way, with the prices so high to begin with. Sure enough, the prices did.

It will be interesting to see what the Hyatt pricing starts at. That is the nicest of all the Kaanapali properties, so if they build accordingly, those prices will start in the stratosphere, but will they go up? I'm sure they will be in hot demand with all the fat cats of the world.

I'm just glad to be in the neighborhood at the old MOC.

Regards.
Joe

GaryDouglas

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean
Club Suites and Villas
Click here to see the floorplan of the three bedroom unit...

Since all the 3 bedroom units are fixed, their price varies a lot depending on the time of year.

BTW, although the 2 bedroom floating ocean front villas may be sold out in the Lahaina tower, these units in both new towers are interchangable, similar to the Molokai and Lanai towers.

Last edited:

Lorane

Reaction score
Thank you for the pricing info, Taffy. My husband and I own a 1 bedroom OV in the old section. We looked at the 2 bedrooms OV when we were there last Thanksgiving. I think the price for a 2 bedroom OV was around 68K. We are looking at buying into Lahaina Villa through resale. We would keep our 1 bedroom to rent or whatever.

Does anyone know if Lahaina Villas has sold on resale market and the price? I see on Redweek a few for $39K, but it doesn't say the view category.

My husband is so crazy that he is having us stay next door at the Westin for a TS presentation week over Thanksgiving. And we have our week at MOC booked - I guess I will try to rent it out - I just don't think getting points are worth it - they don't trade into a week anywhere good - maybe a few hotel days - that's all.

We were also thinking of buying a week at Newport Coast since we live in So Calif. but now we want to buy a weekend beach house in San Clemente. But prices are still too high - maybe we will rent a house for a year or so. We bought our house too high in 1989 and I don't want to make the same mistake with this one.

But we do love to go to Maui/Hawaii every year. We had wanted a 2 bedroom because we think it would be easier to trade into the other islands - Koolina - Waihoai. Wouldn't you know it - we had tickets on ATA using Worldpoints. But BofA is putting the points back into our account - now I just have to see how many points it is going to take to get us to Hawaii on an airline that isn't bankrupt!

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Does anyone know if Lahaina Villas has sold on resale market and the price? I see on Redweek a few for $39K, but it doesn't say the view category.

They are both Island view. I e-mailed the owners.

taffy19

Reaction score

Chris, all three bedrooms at the two new towers are fixed and they are really very nice as they have a view over the ocean and also over the resort grounds and pool. The price sheet I have is also effective from March 26 and there are some 3 BR condos left in April (wk 15 & 16 for $108,300) and May (wk 18 & 19 for $100,000). They have two weeks available one floor down for $105,200 (wk 2 & 4). I see 2 summer weeks (wk 26 & 27) for $162,500 on the 10th floor. They are the highest ones priced on this price sheet. The lowest price I see is on the 1st floor for $53,500 (wk 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 & 45). Week 26 & 27 on the first floor are priced at $137,800 so the prices vary a lot.

Our friends didn't receive a fixed weeks/units price sheet because they own many Worldmark/Trendwest points so they told them that the fixed weeks were practically sold out so that made the presentation less confusing for them or shorter. We went to see the Worldmark/Trendwest resort in Kihei too but didn't take a tour. They have a model available for the owners to see so we had a chance to see it too. The condo is nice and the building is accross from a very nice beach. Some condos will have an ocean view and certainly upstairs.

Marriott doesn't negotiate sales prices as far as I know. They quote you a price and you take it or leave it. They do not bring a manager out either who will haggle with you like they do in Mexico. They may negotiate on the amount of points as I have read that here, I believe. I spoke with a sales manager at the Marriott another day trying to find out some more about the new Hyatt Tower but she told me that she didn't know the details either but she knew that they got their permits that week. What I found out too is that the new Napili tower was supposed to be placed where the new Lahaina tower is today. The expensive private condo project next to the new Napili tower didn't want the Lahaina tower next to them as it would block their view. There seems to be a committee of several hotels making the final decisions together where the location of any new construction will be. They try not to take away the view from each other's existing buildings. This is why it took the Marriott about ten years to get all the permits passed and finally have the construction of both towers approved and constructed.

Since we are on the corner facing the Hyatt, we are very anxious to know where the new Hyatt tower stops because it will take away our very nice bay view if it is too close to the front but our sales lady told us over and over again that we would keep that. It better be so or we will be very unhappy. We will lose most of our mountain view but we already knew that.

sdtugger

TUG Member
Reaction score
At MOC this week. Weather has been great and the whales are amazing. Can't count how many we've seen off our Lanai. We toured Westin because we did an owner update at Marriott in November. Still glad we bought Marriott. Westin is almost sold out in Maui and really pushing Kauai. Really nice sales person formerly with Marriott made a bunch of errors. But, I didn't fight with her, that just makes the tour longer in my experience. But, I did want to see the new Westin property which is nice.

We also walked the beach from Marriott past Hyatt to the public beach. I have to disagree with Joe on this being the nicest property in Kaanapali. It may be the rooms are nice (we didn't go in the hotel). But, the beach was awful. It was covered with broken glass as well as leaves and "nuts" from the trees. It also had many rocks. I think it is by far the worst beach in all of Kaanapali. I was also surprised by the small amount of space between the new Marriott tower and the existing Hyatt hotel. It looks to me like the new Hyatt timeshare will be "shoulder to shoulder" with the new Marriott timeshare. I'm sure it will be nice. But, I don't think we'll be tempted away from our Marriott week.

I took some pictures of the construction. They have 7 1/2 floors done. They are doing something on top of the floor of the 8th floor that I can't figure out. It looks like they are laying a bunch of blue flexible pipes or wires about 12 inches off the ground. The floor is already poured. So, I can't figure out what they are doing. It's actually fun to watch the construction.

We love Maui!