• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

When on 6/26 will SWA release the new fares? (Edit: Now extended)

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Unless they deviate from past practice, the release of the extended schedule is almost certain to occur a few minutes past 11:00 a.m. EDT.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
11:14 a.m. EDT

Southwest has now extended its schedule to January 9, 2009. Grab your bargains while they last!!

CMF

TUG Member
Reaction score
What a disappointment. AirTran is about $1000 dollars cheaper for the flight I'm looking at with my crew.

Charles

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
The fare from LAX to LAS is now $8. higher per segment. I was able to route my sister on Jet Blue for one trip at a savings of $30. RT. Its only a savings if the ticket doesn't have to be changed, of course. Southwest has such great policies that way.

Fern

senorak

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow....I am shocked by the December fares! :eek: Even with my "credits", I won't be booking SW for those prices! Just have to wait and see if the prices come down....or start searching other sites. :(

Deb

Ubil

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan 10 2009

I need to fly from Jan 3, 2009 to Jan 10, 2009.

SW fares now go to 9 Jan 2009, and the web site will not let me request a return flight on 10 Jan 2009.

If I call SW directly, will they allow me to book a return flight on 10 Jan, or I am out of luck until SW updates the fares again in a few months?

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
I need to fly from Jan 3, 2009 to Jan 10, 2009.

SW fares now go to 9 Jan 2009, and the web site will not let me request a return flight on 10 Jan 2009.

If I call SW directly, will they allow me to book a return flight on 10 Jan, or I am out of luck until SW updates the fares again in a few months?

Southwest allows you to book one-way with no penalty. So, you can book the first leg of your trip, then book the return when those dates open up. You won't be able to book Jan 10 even by phone.

tlsbooks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just booked flights for my daughter to come from college in Oklahoma for Thanksgiving and Christmas. I wasn't shocked by the prices (it was cheaper than flying her back to school in August) but I was shocked by the lack of availability. Of 6 flights on Nov. 25th from OKC to Phoenix, only 2 still had availability at the "Wanna Get Away" price. She's not going back until Monday, because the only availability on Sunday was 7:10 in the morning or a flight that would have gotten her into OKC at 11:25 pm....and she's dependent on the kindness of friends for transportation.

PStreet1

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Help Please

Help, Please. I just cleared my history--still can't get beyond October on Southwest. I didn't use favorites to get to the site. What haven't I done, and perhaps more important to this computer illiterate, how do I do it?

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
And on the slim chance that doesn't work, then (if you are using Internet Explorer) click on "Tools" (at the top of the page), "Internet Options" and then (on the "General" page) click on Delete Cookies and then "Okay". Also click on "Delete Files" and click "Okay". It's an old temporary file, not your history, that's causing the problem.

You'll have to reenter some data (e.g. user names and passwords) that you now take for granted when you access various sites, but it's worth updating your cookies.

Last edited: