Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > General Discussion > TUG Lounge

TUG Lounge The place for all discussions that don't fit into the other defined forum areas. Posts discussing politics, religion, and controversial social issues that are not directly related to timesharing are not permitted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old July 2, 2008, 11:18 AM   #1
Glynda

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 8, 05

Resorts: Bluegreen points- Lodge Alley Inn
Roboform

When I sent my laptop to be repaired, I followed the instructions below, which were posted somewhere here in the lounge, to remove my Roboform identities and logins. However, I need some suggestions because I am unable to restore them by the method posted. The folder "My RoboForm Data" is now showing as being in C Drive and the content is inside but the Roboform icon on my bottom right tool bar is faded out with a red X on it and there is no content. Thanks.

>>The easiest way to do this is go to My Computer, click on the C drive and you will see a folder named "My RoboForm Data". Right click on the folder and select "cut" and then "paste" it to a flash drive (or burn it to a CD). When you get your laptop back just cut and paste it back onto the C drive and you won't have to enter the passwords again.
Glynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2008, 07:02 PM   #2
Icarus
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05
You want me to guess?

Exit roboform. Copy all the data back, and restart it. See if that works.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

-David
Icarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2008, 08:23 PM   #3
Glynda

TUG Member

Hmmm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
You want me to guess?

Exit roboform. Copy all the data back, and restart it. See if that works.

Otherwise, I have no idea.

-David
Do you mean to go into startup and remove it from the list to run on my lower tool bar? I didn't have the program open to a window when I tried this. Not sure how you meant to "copy all the data back." I just did as the instructions said.. found the folder on C, right clicked and hit cut, and pasted it to a memory stick. Reversed that and nothing.

Thanks!
Old July 2, 2008, 08:48 PM   #4
basham

TUG Member

If I had to Guess:

You should be copying it back to the place where you removed it from.

Not to the C drive but to the exact directory or likely a sub directory of RoboForm.
basham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 2, 2008, 09:05 PM   #5
Icarus
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glynda View Post
Do you mean to go into startup and remove it from the list to run on my lower tool bar? I didn't have the program open to a window when I tried this. Not sure how you meant to "copy all the data back." I just did as the instructions said.. found the folder on C, right clicked and hit cut, and pasted it to a memory stick. Reversed that and nothing.

Thanks!
I also have roboform, and it's a great tool.

What I meant is to right click on the system tray icon for roboform and select exit from the pop up menu. First exit all browsers, etc, because you also don't want to be running roboform add-ons or browser plug-ins when you mess with it's data.

Then, make sure you really already have all the files backed up onto the memory stick (don't overwrite them again), and if you do ...

Go to the folder on the C drive, and delete the contents there. For me, this is in My Documents\My RoboForm Data\Default Profile. If you changed to a non-default profile, or have more than one profile, adjust these instructions to suit your setup. If you changed the location of the roboform data files from their default location, adjust to suit your setup.

Re-copy everything over to the correct folder on the C drive. The files you backed up should now be in My Documents\My RoboForm Data\Default Profile

What I see in that folder are a bunch of .rfp files and a few other files.

When you are done, restart roboform from the start menu.

I don't think you needed to delete anything from roboform before you sent off the laptop. All you needed to do was logout of roboform before sending the laptop off. Everything in those files is encrypted anyway. As long as you have a strong password for roboform itself, you should be safe.

Good luck.

-David

Last edited by Icarus; July 3, 2008 at 06:21 AM. Reason: fixed important typo in instructions "not" -> "now"
Old July 3, 2008, 06:07 AM   #6
Glynda

TUG Member

Thanks....

Thanks David. I'll try that.
Old July 3, 2008, 12:51 PM   #7
mike130
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 14, 05
Right click on the RoboForm icon on the task bar. Select "Options" then "User Data" then "Set Folder" then select the folder where the passwords are kept and press OK. Everything should be back.

Mike
mike130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 3, 2008, 04:31 PM   #8
Icarus
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike130 View Post
Right click on the RoboForm icon on the task bar. Select "Options" then "User Data" then "Set Folder" then select the folder where the passwords are kept and press OK. Everything should be back.

Mike
Sounds like a very reasonable and easy thing to try first.

-David
Old July 3, 2008, 06:01 PM   #9
Glynda

TUG Member

Thanks.

Too late, but thanks. David's didn't work and I had printed it all out before I removed it so I just re-entered each one. I needed to weed it out anyway.
Old July 3, 2008, 06:15 PM   #10
Icarus
TUG Member

Wow .. sorry you had to do that. I back up my roboform data automatically. I'm using sugarsync for backups now, so any files that change or are new are automatically backed up.

I'm sure there's a relatively easy to restore from a backup, but I've never had to do it.

-David