Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old July 7, 2008, 03:39 PM   #1
jzirker

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 30, 07

Resorts: Club Intrawest - Whistler Wyndham (Pahio) - Bali Hai - Kauai
Cost to convert Wyndham (Pahio) Bali Hai to FF Points?

Does anyone know what it would cost us to convert our Wyndham (formerly Pahio) Bali Hai ownership to a FF Points property? Can it be done? I think from what I've heard we don't have the same access to the great Fairfield system just because we got bought by them, correct?

Has anyone converted and what was your experience?

Thanks!

Jeff

Last edited by jzirker; July 7, 2008 at 03:54 PM.
jzirker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 9, 2008, 03:20 PM   #2
Bill4728

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Club Intrawest, DRI-Monarch Grand Vacations, Mountainside Lodge, Marriott Newport Coast
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzirker View Post
Does anyone know what it would cost us to convert our Wyndham (formerly Pahio) Bali Hai ownership to a FF Points property? Can it be done? I think from what I've heard we don't have the same access to the great Fairfield system just because we got bought by them, correct?

Has anyone converted and what was your experience?

Thanks!

Jeff
Cindy (of Rick & Cindy) looked into this about a year or so ago. I think the price was quite high.

Most people who buy into the wyndham hawaii resorts do it so they can stay at the hawaii resorts.

PS I'm moving this to the wyndham board where you should get some answers from Wyndham owners.
Old July 9, 2008, 10:40 PM   #3
randyz
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jan 31, 07

Resorts: Kona Hawaiian Resort Grand Desert, Las Vegas Avenue Plaza, New Orleans Royal Sea Cliff, Kona
Wyndham will usually offer you the option of transferring your ownership to FSP. My location in New Orleans was bought out years ago. I learned about it when I next visited which was a couple of years since I did an exchange. ie. they make the pitch when you do the owners update.

I can not tell you how much Bali Hai is but my conversion was around $2000. This was for about 130,000 points. Back then ebay purchases were worth and 3cents a point or close to $4000. This made it a good value for me, plus eventually it counted towards my VIP status. Certainly gave me way better use options without having to go thru II.

Randy
randyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 10, 2008, 04:48 AM   #4
lprstn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 14, 07

Resorts: Wyndham Bali Hai Villas (759,000 pts) Wyndham Kona (231,000 pts EOY) Sheraton Vistana (Fountains) Presidential Resort,
You should call Wyndam directly as this is the easier course for this type of transaction. Some people say they have paid $2450 for 1st week and less for the 2nd week and so on...
Old July 10, 2008, 07:20 AM   #5
Jya-Ning
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 15, 05

Resorts: Fairfield Kingsgate 84,000 Fairfield Cypress Palm 126,000 Even Year Usage Fairfield Palm Aire 168,000 Odd Year Usage
Could be wrong, since I never involve in TS HOA. But you need to talk to your HOA board. They are the one that will determine if they want to joint Wyndham's point system or not. And they may or may not be able to neg. the conversion fee.

The standard fee is $2,395 1st week, and $995 for the following week up to 4 weeks. But as I say, you HOA may decide not to join, thus your week will not be convertable.
And I also known some HOA neg. to get conversion 1st week to 995. But they will have all the conversion information.

The 2nd best pepole maybe your management company. The 3rd one is the Wyndham corp assume you can find one willing to transfer your call to the right person, the last one is talk to a saleman.

If you purchase from them, it will include the conversion if you purchase x amount from them, don't know what the x is for 1st week and following week now. Few year back, I believe is 77k. Usually cost too much than direct convesion.

As to access, you don't have access to FSP inventory, but FSP also have no access to PAHIO inventory. FSP does have inventories if the current owner convert or if there is any new development and future developement.

If you like to have flexibility, it worth to convert. At this moment, it may have the best value.

Jya-Ning
Jya-Ning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 18, 2008, 12:36 AM   #6
slabeaume

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 4, 05

Resorts: Orange Lake Resort, Wyndham and Worldmark points
We almost converted last March. In order to do so, you HAVE to buy another week at BAli Hai (Or perhaps another Wyndham resort will let you buy a week at their resort and convert you current weeks into Wyndham---he wasn't real clear about that). For us to buy a week and get our 2 weeks e&o years at KBV converted to Wyndham points would have been $17,000 (which they later tried to drop to $13,000 when we went back to back out of the deal). After reading up on Wyndham, I decided I liked Worldmark better (which I also already have), so plan to just keep my weeks at Pahio to go back to every year.
slabeaume is offline   Reply With Quote