• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Want to rescind

chrislock7

Reaction score
I need help. My deadline is tomorrow and I think I want to rescind because I don't think the points system isn't what I want. I'm only getting 21,333 points a year and all the great resorts are over 50,000 In 2 years I won't have enough points to get to one plus they'll make me pay for not using any points while I'm trying to build them up. Can a person really get to all the nice resorts on a 45 day or less notice with RCI? Scared!

pambroselli86

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been reading all of this points stuff for 2 years!

My suggestion would be to follow all of the advice you are to soon be given and rescind. Follow the directions contained in your contract to the letter. Send certified return receipt. Then lock up your credit/debit card and watch the secondary market, ie: ebay the classifieds here on TUG and learn what points sell for in the real world.

I bought my first points unit last week. I think I must have asked 15 questions here on TUG since. I do not know why these questions do not come to me before the purchase. I do admit I did not buy for points we simply wanted the underlying week.

Good luck!

Paul:hi:

Lawlar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind!

I suggest you rescind. A timeshare depreciates to about 40% of what you paid for it - if you can find a buyer. The maintenance fees are often outrageous and increase yearly.

If you really want to own a timeshare you are best served by following the advice from experts here at TUG (who know a lot more than I do) and buy your timeshare at resale prices.

Send the recission notice by fax, email and by a source that will give you a record that it was delivered (like certified mail or USP). Don't hesitate. You can always change your mind later and buy it from the same sales agent. Don't let them fool you into believing that prices are going up and you won't have the same opportunity again.

My wife talked me out of sending the recission notice after I prepared it - and I really regret it.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
My deadline is tomorrow and I think I want to rescind . . . Scared!
Then just do it! You'll never have this chance again so follow the rescission instructions exactly. You are one of the fortunate few who have found TUG in time to take advantage of rescinding within the specified time frame.

After you've rescinded, take plenty of time to educate yourself on timeshares and buy on the resale market.

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pay attention to the directions on how to rescind. If they say to send by US Mail, then do it, but get a receipt. Don't fax or fed ex if they tell you to do something else. Follow the directions exactly.

But do rescind. And spend some time here reading and educating yourself before you purchase again. If you decide that buying from a developer is what you want to do, you can always buy again from them at a later date for the same deal.

Sue

pambroselli86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Amazing!

We are told at ts sales presentations that this is a once in a lifetime offer. The ability to rescind on the last day is indeed that once in a lifetime opportunity.

Good luck! :hi:
Paul

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Instant Exchange.

Can a person really get to all the nice resorts on a 45 day or less notice with RCI?
For no more than 9,000 points + exchange fee, members of RCI Points can snag full-week reservations into any RCI Weeks (not RCI Points) timeshare that's still available 45 days before check-in.

RCI calls that Instant Exchange.

We've done that several times now, for 7,500 points each time.

Naturally, those bargains are offered because they're the leftovers -- either the dogs & cats of the timeshare world, or the offseason weeks in timeshare-heavy vacation spots (which can include some super-nice resorts).

Instant Exchange won't get you into all the nice resorts on 45 days' notice, but for sure it'll get you into lots of nice resorts on 45 days' notice.

Instant Exchange is the main reason we took the points plunge after being non-exchange timeshare owners for a year or so, then joining RCI & doing straight-weeks timeshare trades for another year or so.

In fact, we've done a straight-points exchange just once. All our other points timeshare vacations have been Instant Exchange.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

djs

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are told at ts sales presentations that this is a once in a lifetime offer. The ability to rescind on the last day is indeed that once in a lifetime opportunity.

Good luck! :hi:
Paul

I believe it's called a "once in a lifetime" offer because once you realize it's not a good deal and recind, the salesperson will never have a chance to rip you off in the same manner. So it's true that they aren't lying when they say "once in a lifetime" except that refers to them and not the buyer.