• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Just Won a Platinum NCV on Ebay--My husband's going to kill me!!!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIOTTS-NEWPO...ms=39:1|66:2|65:13&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1308

My husband may kill me but I saw this a few minutes ago and bid on it in the last four seconds never thinking I would have high bid. I mean I just picked a figure and threw it in and lo and behold I won the week. Do you think I have a chance at getting through the ROFR review process with a $15,157.87 offerI think it is a great resort. I just never figured on owning there.

I passed on a KoOlina Platinum today because the price was too high. I hope this week will get me to Hawaii. Do you think it will?

I think I am going to have to sell my MMC weeks. I have too many Marriott weeks now. In fact, way too many with the newest at the Reserve in Orlando.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
My husband didn't kill me since we both love that resort. He just shook his head and said "you're nuts". All of my timeshare purchases come (came) out of my money so he can't say too much, but I'm glad he was okay with it :ignore:

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had one pass at $14,700, so yours should pass as well. You purchased at the 2nd lowest price that I've seen, besides mine, so you did get a good deal. If you plan and exchange in a timely fashion you should be able to trade into Hawaii.

Regards.
Joe

nygiants11991

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats on your purchase. We went to NCV, I really enjoyed it.

I have a friend who has traded her plat week a few times for the Marriott Waiohai on Kaui. I am not sure if that is the island she requested or just what she has gotten. So you should be fine.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I think that's a terrific deal and a great property -- I believe NCV will become even a more popular destination as the island destinations struggle. Shadow Ridge/DSV I and II have the high temps that NCV does not -- it is a beautiful property.

Enjoy and congratulations!!!

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/MARRIOTTS-NEWPO...ms=39:1|66:2|65:13&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14.l1308

My husband may kill me but I saw this a few minutes ago and bid on it in the last four seconds never thinking I would have high bid. I mean I just picked a figure and threw it in and lo and behold I won the week. Do you think I have a chance at getting through the ROFR review process with a $15,157.87 offerI think it is a great resort. I just never figured on owning there.

I passed on a KoOlina Platinum today because the price was too high. I hope this week will get me to Hawaii. Do you think it will?

I think I am going to have to sell my MMC weeks. I have too many Marriott weeks now. In fact, way too many with the newest at the Reserve in Orlando.

Marylyn, you outbid me! Congrats--it is a great price for a great resort. I'll keep trying!

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great purchase if you plan on going there every year or most years.

I'd say you paid a lot more than you need if you want to use it for a trader. I just went there on a trade for July 4-11 and had a blast. Wonderful weather.

It would be great to use it on either end of a Hawaii trip using FF miles and stopping in LA on the way out or back.

ownsmany

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratutations Marilyn

Congratulations Marliyn.

I've exchanged into KoOlina 3 times using a similar week. You should be fine.

Your week is probably better than mine.

Glad DH is ok with it.

Enjoy.

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got a good price! Let us know if passes ROFR.

I have to stay away from Ebay. whether buying another TS or yet another needlpoint kit(still working on one from last year).

Bill4728

Reaction score
MOX JO said:
I had one pass at $14,700, so yours should pass as well.

A couple of years ago the ROFR at NCV seem to be pretty solid at around $18K but as you've heard it is slipping and $15,150 may get thru.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marylyn, you outbid me! Congrats--it is a great price for a great resort. I'll keep trying!

I don't know how I did that! I just threw in the next highest bid increment fully expecting to be outbid.. With only 4 seconds was sure I would lose. I sat and stared at the computer for a few minutes not knowing if I should be feeling happiness for winning a great week, or fear that my husband would kill me. Luckily when I told him he was okay with it.

Congratulations Marliyn.

I've exchanged into KoOlina 3 times using a similar week. You should be fine.

Your week is probably better than mine.

Glad DH is ok with it.

Enjoy.

I can't wait to show this to my husband Bob. He'll be so happy.

Looks like you got a good price! Let us know if passes ROFR.

I have to stay away from Ebay. whether buying another TS or yet another needlpoint kit(still working on one from last year).

Don't I ever know what you mean!!!:crash:

A couple of years ago the ROFR at NCV seem to be pretty solid at around $18K but as you've heard it is slipping and $15,150 may get thru.

That's good news. I have been following eBay for awhile--looking at all the Marriotts since they are selling for a lot less these days. I checked with the seller and he had someone pass at $15,000 last week so I should be okay.

BTW, the company I bought from sellingtimeguys really is a company called Timeshare Rescue. I don't know for sure-- but is this a postcard company?

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Marylyn

VacationPro

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's good news. I have been following eBay for awhile--looking at all the Marriotts since they are selling for a lot less these days. I checked with the seller and he had someone pass at $15,000 last week so I should be okay.

BTW, the company I bought from sellingtimeguys really is a company called Timeshare Rescue. I don't know for sure-- but is this a postcard company?

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Marylyn

Assuming this passes ROFR (which I'm pretty sure it will), how many Marriott weeks will you own?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
You're running a streak of good luck, first with the one in St. Thomas and now this one- great nab...congrats!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, why not buy a gold to go along with your platinum? :whoopie:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2BR-MARRIOTTS-N...ryZ15897QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Did you look at the price of that Gold week?:rolleyes: More than my platinum!!

Assuming this passes ROFR (which I'm pretty sure it will), how many Marriott weeks will you own?

2 MMCs, 1 MSE, 1 St Thomas, 2 at the new Reserve, and now this 1 at NCV! All platinum. All but the 2 MMCs were purchased in 2007-2008. 7 weeks YIKES:wall:

You're running a streak of good luck, first with the one in St. Thomas and now this one- great nab...congrats!

Nothing in this world can compare with the St Thomas I nabbed. NOTHING!! Thanks for remembering.

Marylyn

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you actually use all those weeks or do you rent them?. We have a hard time using the three of ours especially since we have enjoyed taking cruises on a regular basis over the last few years and DH can only take so much time off.

taffy19

Reaction score
Nothing in this world can compare with the St Thomas I nabbed. NOTHING!! Thanks for remembering.

Marylyn
Good for you and also the NCV winning bid. :) It is a great resort in a very nice area with lots to see and do. I am sure it will pass because I see prices go down even further and Marriott may not be selling as fast as they once were.

Something has to give in this type of economy we are in right now. High gasoline prices or diesel make traveling much more expensive for everyone and certainly the airline fares too.

I don't envy your maintenance fees every year but you can always rent them out for a profit or at least break even, if necessary. The big advantage is that you can book earlier than most Marriott owners now you have so many Marriott timeshares! :D Congratulations!

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resale Prices

Current economic conditions will continue to put pressure on resale prices for high quality timeshares.

I think you will see prices continue to go down this fall especially. It will be a buyers market for sometime to come.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Excellent purchase...

This is a good price for this resort. I salivate at deals like this. I thought my DH was going kill me when I purchased another TS this year, but he got over it...however I did not spend $15K...if I did...I would definitely be fighting a divorce, cause he would have committed me and delivered divorce papers (hee hee).

luv2vacation

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought my DH was going kill me when I purchased another TS this year

I thought mine was too when I told him I put in an offer on an OP platinum week. But he just shakes his head and rolls his eyes...

Good thing he loves our vacations and the places we go, or else....

Off topic, but the other night, I was typing away and he said to me, "what if you couldn't go on that site anymore" (meaning TUG)?
I countered with, "What if you couldn't watch TV anymore?"
Needless to say, he let the subject drop.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Give or take $10,000. :rofl:

OOPS you're right it sold for $10,000. I paid $15,000 for Platinum. Since we will pay the same maintenance fees I think I did better.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you actually use all those weeks or do you rent them?. We have a hard time using the three of ours especially since we have enjoyed taking cruises on a regular basis over the last few years and DH can only take so much time off.

I never had so many weeks before-- so I don't know. We use our 3 Manor Club weeks to trade into the Marriott Fairways in NJ during the summer months. I just reserved January 2009 with my St Thomas, I haven't closed on Orlando and it won't be ready until 2010, and as far as NCV, I doubt I will have a chance at a decent 2009 week at this point. The seller is a broker so I am sure he won't reserve anything in platinum season for me. It will be up to me to do when we close.

Good for you and also the NCV winning bid. :) It is a great resort in a very nice area with lots to see and do. I am sure it will pass because I see prices go down even further and Marriott may not be selling as fast as they once were.

Something has to give in this type of economy we are in right now. High gasoline prices or diesel make traveling much more expensive for everyone and certainly the airline fares too.

I don't envy your maintenance fees every year but you can always rent them out for a profit or at least break even, if necessary. The big advantage is that you can book earlier than most Marriott owners now you have so many Marriott timeshares! :D Congratulations!

I'm still not sure how to do that since they are all in different places. Don't they have to be in the same resort to reserve at 13 months. I always reserve early for the three Manor Clubs though.

My DVC maintenance fees are obnoxious--- but I rent my points out--- and that covers the Disney maintenance fees--- and a lot of the others as well. When I want to go to Disney I trade back into DVC using another,
non-Marriott, week I own. I love OKW so when I see it on the sightings board I grab it. I have gotten into OKW and SSR on ACs as well. I love getting into Disney without using my expensive points. We can travel in the off season since we are retired and that helps a lot.

Bill4728

Reaction score
Thanksgiving 2009 would be a great week as a trader. You'll be able to reserve that yourself.