• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Just Won a Platinum NCV on Ebay--My husband's going to kill me!!!

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
He is the seller and closing company too. The question is should we buy a high ticket timeshare from him again? thanks

I think the short answer is NO!!

The following link can be used to verify that a deed has been recorded. The page also includes a link to obtain certified official record copies.

County of Orange Clerk-Recorder's Office Grantor/Grantee Search

I checked and the deed still has not been recorded. Now what do I do? Sue him?

larry_WM

TUG Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by larry_WM

He is the seller and closing company too. The question is should we buy a high ticket timeshare from him again? thanks

Originally Posted by icydog
I think the short answer is NO!!

I checked and the deed still has not been recorded. Now what do I do? Sue him?

Thank, You save me $10,000. This is too good to be true
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=270301971782

I wonder who is in this board bought it. I am willing to share more information about this TS to double chech with the seller

Last edited by a moderator:

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience in buying a week from SVMTimeshares on ebay (a platinum Shadow Ridge for $10,600) over a year ago.

I had researched his name on tugs and people had had some difficulties with him but basically they all said he came through in the end. Plus I was able to pay with a credit card so I felt I could always go back to my credit card company.

He was his own closing company and it was obvious to me that his staff didn't know what they were doing. They submitted the paperwork to Riverside County three times before they submitted the right amount of money, etc. I thought it would never close but it eventually did. Marriott recognized me as an owner pretty quickly but I have had a delinquent prior tax bill from the county that the prior owner never paid. (less than $200).

So.......I'm not sure I would ever buy another ebay timeshare no matter what the price was.....sometimes life is too short to save a few dollars.

Jan

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a similar experience in buying a week from SVMTimeshares on ebay (a platinum Shadow Ridge for $10,600) over a year ago.

I had researched his name on tugs and people had had some difficulties with him but basically they all said he came through in the end. Plus I was able to pay with a credit card so I felt I could always go back to my credit card company.

He was his own closing company and it was obvious to me that his staff didn't know what they were doing. They submitted the paperwork to Riverside County three times before they submitted the right amount of money, etc. I thought it would never close but it eventually did. Marriott recognized me as an owner pretty quickly but I have had a delinquent prior tax bill from the county that the prior owner never paid. (less than $200).

So.......I'm not sure I would ever buy another ebay timeshare no matter what the price was.....sometimes life is too short to save a few dollars.

Jan

Absolutely, positively, true!!

MsCoach

Reaction score
So how is this seller's feedback 100%? It's been a while since I've been on Ebay, but he is SquareTrade also.

Talk about misleading!

larry_WM

TUG Member
Reaction score
So how is this seller's feedback 100%? It's been a while since I've been on Ebay, but he is SquareTrade also.

Talk about misleading!

Because it take longer than 3 months to close, ebay rating is no longer available for such long time > i don't know if we can dispute with credit card after many months too

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I STILL have not gotten a deed. I haven't heard whether it ever got placed in queue at Marriott. I was told that it has been recorded. I am still waiting and I am still completely in the dark. I have been waiting since July 31st 2008. I wish I had never heard of these guys.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
May be a very stupid question- but if someone is acting as an escrow agent, don't they have to be licensed/regulated somewhere? Wouldn't that give you some recourse?

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
They make all kinds of claims. The deeds in the mail. I lost the deed. I found the deed. The recorder didn't record it. etc etc. I can never nail them. I wish I could.

myip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you check with the recorder that the deed is your name? If it is, why don't you ask a copy of the deed from the recorder and send it to Marriott to make sure it get transfer into your name.

SDKath

TUG Member
Reaction score
HMMMMM, I just found your thread and realized that my Westin Mission Hills has not recorded yet either and it has been MONTHS. They told me they sent it to recording in November! I have left 3-4 messages and no reply? Are they out of business??? Katherine

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Katherine: Don't you know by now that customer service at Westin is not their forte?

Stefa

TUG Member
Reaction score
Katherine: Don't you know by now that customer service at Westin is not their forte?

I think Katherine's problem is with the closing company. Starwood will process an ownership transfer very quickly if you email them a scanned copy of your deed. (Mine only took a day or two.)

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still do not have this Marriott in my account

They make all kinds of claims. The deeds in the mail. I lost the deed. I found the deed. The recorder didn't record it. etc etc. I can never nail them. I wish I could.

Still has not been registered with Marriott. I started this in July, 6 months and counting. Others who bought their weeks after I bought mine, and I mean 3 months after I bought mine, have their weeks in their accounts.

I have no hope of reserving anything but the dregs of the platinum season. That is if I could, indeed, get anything at all at this point..

I cannot contact the previous owners to reserve something for me since this property was obviously the result of a postcard sale. I am just at the mercy of this eBay seller. I really wish eBay would change their feedback rules so I could give them the negative feedback they deserve.

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
WOW! I am sorry. I just hope it all works out in the end. Try to look at the bright side, you were never going to have a chance for a good 2009 week anyhow. ;)

I bought BeachPlace in October from a "postcard" company, but all in all, it has not been a bad experience. Marriott has had my deed for two weeks now. I have decided not to bug them, hoping that by March it will be mine and I will be able to make decent 2010 reservations.

As for 2009, (HaHaHa) that one is all but gone. I'll just try to book the latest available decent week and either deposit it or eBay off a rental.

Good Luck :D

saturn28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still has not been registered with Marriott. I started this in July, 6 months and counting. Others who bought their weeks after I bought mine, and I mean 3 months after I bought mine, have their weeks in their accounts.

I have no hope of reserving anything but the dregs of the platinum season. That is if I could, indeed, get anything at all at this point..

I cannot contact the previous owners to reserve something for me since this property was obviously the result of a postcard sale. I am just at the mercy of this eBay seller. I really wish eBay would change their feedback rules so I could give them the negative feedback they deserve.

If they are still selling things on Ebay, you can still leave them feedback. Just purchase one of their other items leave the feedback about the previous purchase and refuse to pay for the item you won. Give as a reason you didn't complete the purhase as problems with a preivous purchases from this seller.

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they are still selling things on Ebay, you can still leave them feedback. Just purchase one of their other items leave the feedback about the previous purchase and refuse to pay for the item you won. Give as a reason you didn't complete the purhase as problems with a preivous purchases from this seller.

What will that do to my eBay rating? I'm afraid he'd retaliate and give me negative feedback.

I still have to wait until this week is finally approved by Marriott, we got the deed yesterday, but supposedly the week is in Marriott now. Once it is in my account I may take your advice. I'm afraid if I act precipitously they will find another reason to hold this up. For right now I'm stuck.

Come to think of it, I don't even know if he even submitted it to Marriott yet. How can I check??

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
.... Come to think of it, I don't even know if he even submitted it to Marriott yet. How can I check??

Owner Modifications group was able to tell me that they received the transfer paperwork from the attorney/closing office one week after being mailed to them.
(Actually they needed about 2.5 weeks to be able to tell me they received it a week after being mailed.)

MVCI Owner Modifications 800.443-4391

I also found this email on TUG, but never tried it....
owner.modifications@vacationclub.com

Last edited:

jdetar

TUG Member
Reaction score
What will that do to my eBay rating? I'm afraid he'd retaliate and give me negative feedback.

I still have to wait until this week is finally approved by Marriott, we got the deed yesterday, but supposedly the week is in Marriott now. Once it is in my account I may take your advice. I'm afraid if I act precipitously they will find another reason to hold this up. For right now I'm stuck.

Come to think of it, I don't even know if he even submitted it to Marriott yet. How can I check??

This is the problem.. you're too scared of him the entire time. You paid for something, he didn't deliver, you have all sorts of retaliatory action you can place. At this point it's taking so long you could even go the criminal route (you didn't get what you paid for).

1) If your CC company is involved, call and file a chargeback under "claims and defenses" for the full amount. If the deal goes through later, then pay him then, minus fees/expenses/losses.

2) Go to www.ic3.gov and start the process there for criminal action.

3) File a small claims suit for a few bucks that it costs. You can't sue in small claims for everything (just sue him for loss of use for the first year, and some other various losses/expenses you've incurred), but it's cheap, easy, and you can do it yourself and you'll show this guy you're dead serious.

4) If you don't like option 3, go all out and sue in a higher court for everything. But for this it will cost you more, and you should have an attorney at this point.

I have had enough bad deals in my life to know how to deal with them.. hit them with civil and criminal action and THEN let them settle with you so you can call off the dogs.

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are well beyond "humpday" on this problem. I think your best bet now is to hound them to do the completion. In the future, as soon as things start to go wrong, you might consider sending certified mail requesting status, giving deadline to perform and requesting a specific answer to your questions. After four or five certified letters they will know you are serious. Most people unfortunately use the telephone to try to resolve things and if the opposing party is not following through, that is the least effective way to proceed as you have no record of your complaints. I hope that in a year you will just enjoy your fabulous deal at a great timeshare. Funtme
PS - I do not suggest buying something else, reneging and then trashing the ebay rating - that will boomerang on you, perhaps quite badly.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I would suggest e-mailing owner modifications and give them the unit number, etc. and ask for a status update. They will get back to you within 48 hours. That way, you have a paper trail- if, in fact, they have everything and things seem to be moving along as they should, they will tell you so. However, given the past history, if there are any issues with either having received the paperwork at all or if things are missing, I think it would be good to have that response in writing, which is why I think e-mailing is better than calling.

They will respond to the e-mail posted above, btw. I sent an inquiry on Friday and received a response first thing this morning from them. Once month and waiting...hopefully they will be true to their 6-8 weeks.