Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Marriott Resort System

Marriott Resort System Discussion of Marriott Timeshare Resorts, Marriott Vacation Club, and Marriott Destination Points memberships!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old September 7, 2008, 06:12 PM   #1
toni3063
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 2, 05

Resorts: Marriott Barony Beach, Club Velas Vallarta
Grand Vista property map

Does anyone have a propery map of Grand Vista? The one on TUG under "resort reviews" is illegible. Or it may just be my eyes! Thank you!
toni3063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8, 2008, 12:44 PM   #2
mickeypops

BBS Reg. Date: Nov 6, 06

Resorts: Marbella Beach Resort, MRW Platinum
Hi

I've got one - can you PM me your email address?

M
mickeypops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2008, 09:31 AM   #3
Detailor
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05
Go here https://www.my-vacationclub.com/comm...gv_sitemap.pdf to see the latest online map of the resort (though you may note that a couple of the buildings are designated as smoking buildings, I believe that GV has adopted the Marriott no smoking rule for all buildings now, and they are undergoing some non-guest room renovations at the resort that affects use of some, such as the lighthouse bar, of the facilities).

Dick Taylor
Detailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 9, 2008, 06:27 PM   #4
dioxide45

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 20, 06

Resorts: Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Harbour Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by toni3063 View Post
Does anyone have a propery map of Grand Vista? The one on TUG under "resort reviews" is illegible. Or it may just be my eyes! Thank you!
I have noticed the same with a lot of the maps for the Marriott properties in the TUG reviews. Not to take anything away from those who took the time to get them ther, but I think that scanning them in to a 4x6 photographes size jpeg causes them to loose some of their clarity. It is not only the case for the MGV map as I have noticed it with others too. I would be best if they could be scanned in to a larger jpeg and then converted to PDF for viewing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
Go here https://www.my-vacationclub.com/comm...gv_sitemap.pdf to see the latest online map of the resort (though you may note that a couple of the buildings are designated as smoking buildings, I believe that GV has adopted the Marriott no smoking rule for all buildings now, and they are undergoing some non-guest room renovations at the resort that affects use of some, such as the lighthouse bar, of the facilities).

Dick Taylor
How were you able locate the GV map through my-vacationclub.com? I tried to locate this same map and was unable to do so. The version that is currently online is out of date, they do provide a new map at checkin that doesn't contain any mention of the smoking buildings.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 11, 2008, 03:27 PM   #5
Detailor
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxide45 View Post
How were you able locate the GV map through my-vacationclub.com? I tried to locate this same map and was unable to do so. The version that is currently online is out of date, they do provide a new map at checkin that doesn't contain any mention of the smoking buildings.
I backed into it. I saw someone else's post a while back asking for a map for Cypress Harbour and a kind TUGger sent out a link to a map for that resort at my-vacationclub.com. I thought that there would probably be other resort maps out there so I just replaced the CH (which appears twice) in the URL with GV and up popped the map.

This appear to work for most, but not all, Marriott resorts.

Dick Taylor
Old September 11, 2008, 08:57 PM   #6
dioxide45

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 20, 06

Resorts: Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Harbour Lake
Quote:
Originally Posted by Detailor View Post
I backed into it. I saw someone else's post a while back asking for a map for Cypress Harbour and a kind TUGger sent out a link to a map for that resort at my-vacationclub.com. I thought that there would probably be other resort maps out there so I just replaced the CH (which appears twice) in the URL with GV and up popped the map.

This appear to work for most, but not all, Marriott resorts.

Dick Taylor
The strange thing is that when I try and change the GV's in the address to CH, it doesn't bring up the Cypress Harbor map. It just redirects me back to the main page.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 12, 2008, 07:31 AM   #7
Detailor
TUG Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dioxide45 View Post
The strange thing is that when I try and change the GV's in the address to CH, it doesn't bring up the Cypress Harbor map. It just redirects me back to the main page.
I'm sorry, I made an assumption that proved out to be incorrect. I looked back at my saved link for Cypress Harbour and it isn't ch as I reported, it's really cy.

My apologies.

Dick Taylor