Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old September 29, 2008, 02:01 PM   #1
keepgoing
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 25, 07

Resorts: Westin Kaanapoli Ocean Resort Villa Vacation Village in Bershires
Purchase points or deeded week for Benley Brook Mountain Club

I am looking to vaca in Week 52 every year in Benley Brook mountain club because of Kids schedule which does not give me much flexibility on other weeks than week 52. So I think I have two options:

1) buying deeded fixed week 52 in Bentley Brook mountain club for about $10K, (only found one sales ad so far, they seems hard to come by).

2) buying pointed from ebay from other Wydham properties (have not found Bentley brook points for sale) for about $500 for 210K points which exceeded pointed need for that week #52 prime time needed (at least it exceeds the points needed on paper).

Now my big question is, how realistic to use points to book a prime ski week in a non home resort?

thanks in advance
keepgoing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2008, 03:38 PM   #2
NJCOBRA10tha

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 08
If you book it 10 months in advance you should be able to do it.
I watched availability for BB to see if it made sense to book and rent it out. I can't say that I definately saw availability for week 52 but did see very good availability throughout the winter when I was looking 10 months in advance.
NJCOBRA10tha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2008, 03:56 PM   #3
keepgoing
TUG Member

have anyone seen availability in Week 52 in BB?

thanks for the reply. If my schedule is flex, I would buy the points for way less cost and pick any winter week. But since Kids (4 and 6) are in school for at least 12 more years, week #52 would be my only skiiing week for the upcoming 12 years.
Old September 29, 2008, 04:07 PM   #4
Jya-Ning
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 15, 05

Resorts: Fairfield Kingsgate 84,000 Fairfield Cypress Palm 126,000 Even Year Usage Fairfield Palm Aire 168,000 Odd Year Usage
Since you only want 1 week. Buy fix week. It will reduce all your headach.

But I am pretty sure X'Mas does not always week 52.

Don't need rush. There are other selections during X'Mas.

Jya-Ning
Jya-Ning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2008, 04:32 PM   #5
lprstn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 14, 07

Resorts: Wyndham Bali Hai Villas (759,000 pts) Wyndham Kona (231,000 pts EOY) Sheraton Vistana (Fountains) Presidential Resort,
Buy the points...

I've had NO problem booking Bently Brook 10 months in advance for Christmas, also have banked a 28K week with RCI and have gotten Bentley for Christmas. In addition, one year we did Quebec for 4 nights, then drove to Bentley for 1 week. You will get more use from the points and a BETTER PRICE to boot.
Old September 29, 2008, 04:37 PM   #6
timeos2

TUG Lifetime Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 11, 05

Resorts: Now Cypress Pointe w/Diamond Club,Cove@Yarmouth Former: RCI Points Rayburn Country, DVC/Wyndham - Wastegate gone gone!
Don't buy fixed week(s)

Fixed weeks don't always fall on the dates you actually need. Points lets you request the exact dates every year. At 10 months out we've never had any problem getting the resort/unit size/dates we wanted. It cannot be guaranteed but it's about 98% sure. A fixed week may not fall on the exact dates 98% of the time. Points are cheaper, more salable in the future (at resale price leveles you would buy at) than a fixed week and far more flexible ESPECIALLY if something changes in your life (hey, it happens) and you don't want to go the Bentley Brook on week 52 for some reason some time.

ADOPT A TIMESHARE!
BUY RESALE!

Proudly Microsoft & Apple free with WebOS, Droid Samsung S4 & Verizon Wireless - DW w/Chromebook

timeos2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2008, 04:56 PM   #7
esk444
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Aug 18, 05
I'd go for the points. I have a feeling that you probably aren't going to want to spend a whole week in the Berkshires skiing, year after year. It's just not that great for skiing. It's a weekend trip for skiing at best, you'll get bored eventually.

In fact, the only so called "destination" ski resort that I would go to on the East Coast for a full week is Killington in Vermont. Even then, I wouldn't want to go there year after year.

I have a feeling that your children will be just as happy doing a few ski weekends in the Poconos and spending a week in Florida instead. Points will give you that flexibility.
esk444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2008, 08:20 PM   #8
acesneights
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 11, 05
What about RCI nightly stays? You might be able to get exactly the days you want even they bridge two different fixed weeks and pick from a few dozen resorts in the same area that aren't even FSP.

Perhaps buy a cheap fixed Red week at BB and convert it to FSP to get RCI Nightly stays.

BB would really be your home resort and you might get preference through RCI better than even other FSP owners (not sure about this)

Stan
acesneights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 29, 2008, 10:10 PM   #9
keepgoing
TUG Member

Thanks you all for great advise

I really appreciate all the great advise in such a short time. I feel more confident going for points now.