Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Buying, Selling, Renting

Buying, Selling, Renting Discuss all aspects of buying, selling and renting timeshares here. No advertising allowed!

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old February 14, 2009, 04:15 PM   #1
herschel53

BBS Reg. Date: Feb 14, 09

Resorts: Sheraton Vistana Resort (Lakes--3 units) Sheraton VisTana Resort (Fountains --1 unit)
Florida Quit Claim Deed--How?

One of the Vistana units that my wife and I own is jointly owned with her sister and (now) ex-husband. We have decided that we want to sell this unit. The ex-husband relinquished any ownership right in the divorce settlement, but his name remains on the deed. Can anyone tell me how to obtain a Florida quit-claim deed and how to go about using this to remove the ex-husband from the deed so that we can sell this unit without further complications?
Feel free to reply directly to rsrobins53 ATSIGN hotmail.com.
Thanks!
herschel53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2009, 04:50 PM   #2
AwayWeGo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Cypress Pointe Resort (Orlando FL), Vacation Village At Parkway [points] (Kissimmee FL).
Timeshare Transfer Inc., Etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herschel53 View Post
Can anyone tell me how to obtain a Florida quit-claim deed and how to go about using this to remove the ex-husband from the deed so that we can sell this unit without further complications?
I'm pretty sure that the professional timeshare closing service agencies all know how to take care of situations like that -- Timeshare Transfer Inc. & Timeshare Closing Services Inc. & JRA Services Inc., etc.

Good luck.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

The Chief Of Staff since 1964.
Playing horn since 1955. Breathing air since 1942.
AwayWeGo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2009, 06:49 PM   #3
Dave H
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 28, 07
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwayWeGo View Post
I'm pretty sure that the professional timeshare closing service agencies all know how to take care of situations like that -- Timeshare Transfer Inc. & Timeshare Closing Services Inc. & JRA Services Inc., etc.

Good luck.

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.

Actually Alan, in the State of Florida and many other states, the preparation of a deed that is not being insured by title insurance is considered the practice of law and an attorney licensed and admitted to the bar in that state is who is supposed to be preparing those deeds.

I sent the poster and email with someone they can call on Monday that is a Florida Attorney that can prepare the deed for a reasonable cost.

JRA would be able to as well as they have an attorney on staff, but the other 2 to my knowledge do not have a Florida admitted attorney on staff.

Dave
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 14, 2009, 07:27 PM   #4
dioxide45

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: May 20, 06

Resorts: Marriott's Grande Vista, Marriott's Harbour Lake
I was going to mention JRA as well, their fee is reasonable and as far as I know they have an attorney on staff.
dioxide45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2009, 11:47 AM   #5
theo

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 21, 07

Resorts: 3 resorts, 7 weeks and NO MAS!
I respectfully disagree...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
but the other 2 to my knowledge do not have a Florida admitted attorney on staff. Dave
In every one of the numerous FL timeshare transacations handled for me by Timeshare Transfer, Inc. of Vero Beach, FL in recent years as both buyer and seller (about 8 individual transactions in total), Attorney John E. Banks, Jr., Esq. has signed all of the Timeshare Transfer documents. On each and every such closing document package, the following appears pre-printed upon on the cover page, quoted only in relevant part, but verbatim:

"The transfer of Real Property creates legal rights and legal obligations. John E. Banks, Jr., Attorney at Law, is licensed to practice law in the state of Florida and represents...."

Sure seems like involvement of a "Florida admitted attorney" to me...

Last edited by theo; February 15, 2009 at 12:18 PM.
theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2009, 03:49 PM   #6
Dave H
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 28, 07
Hence why I said to my knowledge.....
Dave H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 15, 2009, 09:48 PM   #7
Talent312

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jul 4, 07

Resorts: HGVC, Gatlinburg
I'm going to be heretical here and say that, actually, if you or someone you know is adept at copying documents, you can likely DIY. Go online to find a Florida QCD form or sample from some outfit like www.nolo.com, and insert the pertinent information from the deed you hold with his name as Grantor.

The ex-relative needs to sign the deed b4 two witnesses & notary (the notary can also be a witness), with names printed below the signatures. Then call the the public records department of the County Clerk where the resort is located for recording instructions and fees.
― Robin Williams (revising his quote from Dead Poet's Society)
Talent312 is online now   Reply With Quote