• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Thanks for all the sightings, everyone! Wow, some people post daily, and it's great

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
As TUG members, we have the ability to see and post sightings. I have been on a campaign to get more sightings and it has been very successful. Look at all of the wonderful sightings people are sharing. :D

Thanks to all of you for your generosity, as I know it takes time to copy and paste the sightings from the various sites. I have been lucky enough to get some great exchanges, after seeing them here on TUG. My best ones have come from sightings, both here and on another timeshare forum. I don't watch the exchange websites as often as I should, but I do watch TUG. Sometimes, an exchange comes up on Sightings that I hadn't even considered for us, so I don't generally look in that region.

This helps all of us, but you must be a TUG member to see them. Another benefit of sightings-- you can compare what you own with others. :) It's a trade test of sorts.

As a TUG member, you also get to see the 1,000's of resort reviews, plus when you post reviews, TUGBrian will give you additional months of TUG membership, so once you pay your fee, you can keep your membership without paying another penny. I simply write reviews and extend my membership. I believe any review extends your membership by 2 months, and when a resort has gone six months without a review, you get six months of membership for your review.

You can also extend your membership with referral members. If you get ten member referrals, which is something I am personally trying to attain, you get a TUG lifetime membership.

Another benefit of TUG is free classified ads, as long as you aren't a broker. That one alone should get some of you interested in membership. It's a great benefit that TUG provides.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Just to add to what Cindy posted, access to the TUG Sightings and Distressed Board is a perk of TUG membership. If you are not a member, you cannot "see" the link to the Sightings Board, which is directly beneath the TUG Lounge Board.

How do I become a TUG member?

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree--thank you. Sometimes a resort or area shows up that I had never considered. It gives you some great ideas. Dawn

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I LOVE the sighting page. I have access to weeks that require high trade via HGVC, but sitting online I just have average traders, which don't make for good searching and posting.

Without the sighting board I would never, ever get the trades I have made.

So keep them coming.

Since I can't contribute to sightings I do my best to contribute to reviews. I submit reviews for every single resort I stay at, even if there are recent reviews. I try to add detail and info about room types and locations and which are better and why. Providing more knowledge to TUGgers who are as picky as me about room choices.

lprstn

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love the help of Sightings also, and sometimes can put sightings from EV or from my Sheraton that I get to deposit once in awhile...

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find posting sightings kind of fun! You never know what you will stumble upon.

Right now my main area will be postings from II, as the week I had in RCI is traded away thanks to someone else last November that posted the huge bulk banking of Wyndham Kona Hawaiian weeks. :cheer:

Will be able to check out RCI for "goodies" come August when I can deposit my 2010 week.

Cindy, the copying and pasting isn't too bad, the whole operation kind of gets annoying when II acts up(hit more weeks and it tosses you to the request of deposit page).

natarajanv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does the sightings board shows what resort/week is available via RCI/II.? Looks like it helps people who do not have access to RCI/II directly (HGVC owners).

Is that a correct statement?

I am just trying to find out whether it only helps people without direct access to RCI/II

Thanks

prosperitylove79

TUG Member
Reaction score
As TUG members, we have the ability to see and post sightings. I have been on a campaign to get more sightings and it has been very successful. Look at all of the wonderful sightings people are sharing. :D

Thanks to all of you for your generosity, as I know it takes time to copy and paste the sightings from the various sites. I have been lucky enough to get some great exchanges, after seeing them here on TUG. My best ones have come from sightings, both here and on another timeshare forum. I don't watch the exchange websites as often as I should, but I do watch TUG. Sometimes, an exchange comes up on Sightings that I hadn't even considered for us, so I don't generally look in that region.

This helps all of us, but you must be a TUG member to see them. Another benefit of sightings-- you can compare what you own with others. :) It's a trade test of sorts.

As a TUG member, you also get to see the 1,000's of resort reviews, plus when you post reviews, TUGBrian will give you additional months of TUG membership, so once you pay your fee, you can keep your membership without paying another penny. I simply write reviews and extend my membership. I believe any review extends your membership by 2 months, and when a resort has gone six months without a review, you get six months of membership for your review.

You can also extend your membership with referral members. If you get ten member referrals, which is something I am personally trying to attain, you get a TUG lifetime membership.

Another benefit of TUG is free classified ads, as long as you aren't a broker. That one alone should get some of you interested in membership. It's a great benefit that TUG provides.

THis is good to know as a new member - can you tell me what sightings exactly are?

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Does the sightings board shows what resort/week is available via RCI/II.? Looks like it helps people who do not have access to RCI/II directly (HGVC owners).

I am just trying to find out whether it only helps people without direct access to RCI/II

Thanks

Yes, if you cannot search yourself, this is a way to know what's there. You can call a guide and request what you know is there :)

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sightings are just resorts that one person thinks others would like to know are there.

I tend to post a lot of Hawaii because I get a special thrill from Hawaii sightings myself, so I assume others do too. :D

If you have a particular want or need for an area and time of year, you can request others to look for what you want.

THis is good to know as a new member - can you tell me what sightings exactly are?

Twinkstarr

TUG Member
Reaction score

Thanks

One it helps determine the trading strength of your weeks if you have direct access. Also not everyone has the time to sift through II or RCI on a regular basis, so if a nice bulk banking comes through you can either call if you have a corporate account(DVC,HGVC,Hyatt,etc) or nab it directly. For some it's easier to just check out the sightings board, especially if they are looking for HI, Hyatt or some hard to get location and or resort.

I have direct access with both my non DVC weeks, a bulk bank posted here helped me get a week with one of my direct weeks(I wasn't planning that far out but the sighting made up my miind:rofl: ).