Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timeshare Resort Systems > Wyndham Resorts

Wyndham Resorts Discussion of Wyndham Timeshare Systems: Club Wyndham, Wyndham Asia Pacific, Shell Vacations, Equivest, Pahio, Trendwest & Cendent

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old March 26, 2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Scurvy

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 26, 09
Wyndham Plus Partners

Being an owner for almost a year now I think I am finally learning how to get the most bang for your buck.

Today I got a 2nd quote from Plus Partners on using my wyndham points for airfare. The first one was back in August and was quite outrageous....

This one is 231,733 points for 2 $284 tickets or $564..
is it just me or is this an outrageous price?

Does anyone have any experience with getting anything worthwhile out of Plus Partners?
Scurvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2009, 11:26 AM   #2
rickandcindy23

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Wyndham,RCI,Shell, WorldMark,OKW, SSR pts; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Custom House;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa; SBP (lots)
I think it's outrageous, and I wouldn't do it. Plus Partners for airfare and Disney tickets seems to be very expensive.

August: Hilton's Kohala Stes/ Kingsland
November:Disneyworld
December: Peacock Suites, Anaheim
January: Disneyworld
March: Maui
rickandcindy23 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2009, 12:51 PM   #3
EAM

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: Wyndham (Pagosa, Cypress Palms, Majestic Sun) Hotel Nashville DVC - Saratoga Springs
Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose

Our experience with using PlusPartners for anything other than the RCI points resorts has been hit and miss. It is worth comparing with what you'd pay in cash. Sometimes its a good deal, sometimes not.
EAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2009, 03:52 PM   #4
sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Dec 7, 05

Resorts: Atlantisx7;Sheraton B. Plantation x4;Marriott X3, Registry Collection;Sunset coveX3;HGVC Elite PremierX4;
Quote:
Originally Posted by EAM View Post
Our experience with using PlusPartners for anything other than the RCI points resorts has been hit and miss. It is worth comparing with what you'd pay in cash. Sometimes its a good deal, sometimes not.
Can you please give example of something had you looked at (or purchased) that was a good deal?
sjuhawk_jd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 26, 2009, 05:17 PM   #5
Timeshare Von

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Mar 13, 06

Resorts: FF/Wyndham Myrtle Beach/Westwinds (77k), Lifetime in Hawaii (Oahu)
My question would be "How much in MF's are you paying for those 231k points? If it is more than $564 I'd say you're "paying" too much by using your Wyndham points. I think the general wisdom is that FSP points are a too expensive way of paying for anything other than your resort stay.
Old March 26, 2009, 05:32 PM   #6
lprstn

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Sep 14, 07

Resorts: Wyndham Bali Hai Villas (759,000 pts) Wyndham Kona (231,000 pts EOY) Sheraton Vistana (Fountains) Presidential Resort,
Only ever use your points for Plus Partners for booking RCI points resorts, and if you have NO OTHER CHOICE.

For instance, I had an abundance of points that I couldn't use, and I used my points to book a cruise, and airline tickets for family member. They gave me the 80% of the cash cost for the trip. I gave them a discount, and made some $$ off of my points usage. Otherwise I would not use my points for Plus Partners.
Old March 26, 2009, 10:20 PM   #7
EAM

TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 10, 05

Resorts: Wyndham (Pagosa, Cypress Palms, Majestic Sun) Hotel Nashville DVC - Saratoga Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjuhawk_jd View Post
Can you please give example of something had you looked at (or purchased) that was a good deal?
I no longer remember the details but a few years ago we got a week in a Chicago hotel for less than we would have paid via Travelocity,Orbitz, AAA etc but more than we probably would have paid via a bid site. Also, in 2004 we got a good deal on airfare to Hawaii. Another time we used points that were about to expire for two nights at a Ramada for a few dollars more than we would have paid I'm cash. Unfortunately, because of the reservation fee, it has never been economical to use points for a single night at a motel, which is the way we had hoped to use them.

Last edited by EAM; March 26, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
EAM is offline   Reply With Quote