Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Timesharing > Exchanging

Exchanging Discuss all aspects of exchanging timeshare intervals here including RCI Points, whether through Exchange Companies (RCI, II and Others), or directly with other owners. Please no advertisements which belong elsewhere on TUG. Ads will be deleted.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 20 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Reply « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old May 8, 2009, 07:15 PM   #1
rhonda
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Worldmark, DVC @ SSR, Grand Pacific Palisades, WinPointVIP; GONE: Seapointer (SA), Warner Springs Ranch (CA)
"Platinum Rewards" members?

Looks like I.C.E. Gallery has become Platinum Rewards. My I.C.E. Gallery membership is set to expire this weekend - and I received a call from Platinum Rewards to explain the new changes, features, reward points program, etc. Of course, I was offered a variety of packages to extend my membership with the gentle threat that lapsed accounts could face a $200 re-activation fee. (Nobody wants that, right?)

An interesting feature of membership is the ability to name up to 80 (?) family and friends who may benefit from your membership's discounts and whose purchases credit to your rewards points.

So my question: Would any current Platinum Rewards member care to add me to their plan? Thx for considering it!
rhonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2009, 12:51 AM   #2
wise one

Resorts: Treetops Resort, Liki Tiki Village (ClubNavigo), Grand Mayan, Eagle Trace @ Massanutten,
We gave up our Ice Gallery membership several years ago, but still receive some of their mailings from time to time. You said that they "could" charge a $200 reactivation fee, but maybe someone could answer the question: Has anyone ever tried to re-up and been charged a reactivation fee?
Old May 27, 2009, 07:44 PM   #3
phileaglesfan

BBS Reg. Date: May 27, 09
I just became a member and I wish I was not a member. I found all of their prices beatable real easy but they always come up with some reason why I shouldn't get the difference back. Even their cruises can be found for cheaper somewhere else. They are a total waste and I woudln't be surprised if they changed their name because of false representation. They are more a scam if anything. People not at work are "on a cruise" or "call me back tomorrow, I have to go to a BBQ." Run from this company, don't walk. They are actually mutliple companies also.
phileaglesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27, 2009, 08:34 PM   #4
dougp26364

TUG Member

Resorts: DRI, Marriott Grand Chateau & Ocean Pointe, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Spinnakers French Quarter, HGVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by wise one View Post
We gave up our Ice Gallery membership several years ago, but still receive some of their mailings from time to time. You said that they "could" charge a $200 reactivation fee, but maybe someone could answer the question: Has anyone ever tried to re-up and been charged a reactivation fee?
We actually have two lifetime memberships given to use as a "benefit" to buying from a developer. I quit checking them for prices a long time ago. We've done seven cruises and have two more planned. When I would check with them, they were never competitive on price.

At this point I'm not sure if that lifetime membership is still active or not. Personally, I could care less if it was. It's a waste of time to consider exchanging a timeshare week through them for a "discount" on a cruise package. The money never comes out right and the total price was always more than what I'd pay by not using them.