• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sooooo confused about check-in days at Vistana Orlando...

Redrosesix

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know I was reading a thread here today that had the check-in days for all of the sections of Sheraton Vistana, but I've since lost it. And after reading through some of the current eBay listings and other threads here on TUG, I'm seeing contradictory information.

Can somebody help me out here? We absolutely cannot do a Saturday check-in, so this is really important information for us.

Redrosesix

TUG Member
Reaction score

Nope -- sorry. That one doesn't have all of the sections. The thread I was reading also had information on the order in which the sections were built.

But the follow-up question I should ask is: If the check-in day shown in an ad doesn't correspond to the list in the thread you posted, should I be wary of that seller? I would have assumed that if they're selling it, and it's their business to sell timeshares, they should have that part right. :shrug: Or maybe I'm just getting cold feet, since it looks like we're finally down to buying either at Vistana or Cypress Pointe (whichever is cheapest -- so probably Vistana)

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
You can always call Starwood and ask them what check in day(s) goes with the property you're interested in purchasing.

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
Fountains, Fountains II, Lakes, Springs, Cascades, and Palms all have FSS checkins.

Falls is Sunday only
Spas is Friday only
Courts is Sat only

I hope this helps:)

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
In this order...

Courts - Saturday only
Falls - Sunday only
Spas - Friday only
Springs - F,Sa,Su
Palms - F,Sa,Su
Fountains I - Fri (closest to pool), Sa, Su
Fountains II - Sa, Su only
Lakes - F,Sa,Su
Cascades - F,Sa,Su

Captron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVRx3 SBP Worldmark
James,

My map says that Fountains II has all the buildings on the east side of the lake as a Friday check in. They include the three wrapped around the Fountains pool and the three along the east side of the lake (units 1501-1584) also the one small building to the south across the road beside the operations building.(units 1601-1612)

This certainly could have changed, but it is what the map I have says. That is the one difference I see between your posting and mine.

Cheers!

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
James,

My map says that Fountains II has all the buildings on the east side of the lake as a Friday check in. They include the three wrapped around the Fountains pool and the three along the east side of the lake (units 1501-1584) also the one small building to the south across the road beside the operations building.(units 1601-1612)

This certainly could have changed, but it is what the map I have says. That is the one difference I see between your posting and mine.

Cheers!

It never changed. Fountains II only built out with Sa, Su check-in. You can talk to an owner services rep and ask them what the room types are in the computer....

They will tell you that they are:

FNFR, FNSA, FNSU (Fountains I Fr, Sa, Su)
FSSA, FSSU (Fountains II, Sa, Su)

Never changed. If it is a Friday check-in, it is Fountains I.

Redrosesix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks everybody -- this is always the best place to come for info.

So...what do y'all think about eBay sellers having the wrong check-in day in the listing -- would you trust them?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks everybody -- this is always the best place to come for info.

So...what do y'all think about eBay sellers having the wrong check-in day in the listing -- would you trust them?

Many owners and resellers don't know what they really have, and have errors in their Ads. You can email the seller and ask if they would FAX you a copy of the deed with their personal info. blacked out, but they may not want to.

Here's the other thing - TS auctions on ebay aren't binding, so if you win the auction and the product is not as represented in the Ad, you can simply back out with no penalties. Of course that means you would need to verify the deed before sending them any money.

Redrosesix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Many owners and resellers don't know what they really have, and have errors in their Ads. You can email the seller and ask if they would FAX you a copy of the deed with their personal info. blacked out, but they may not want to.

Here's the other thing - TS auctions on ebay aren't binding, so if you win the auction and the product is not as represented in the Ad, you can simply back out with no penalties. Of course that means you would need to verify the deed before sending them any money.

Thanks. And good advice on eBay purchases -- which is why we're strongly considering Vistana (cheap and plentiful :D )

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. And good advice on eBay purchases -- which is why we're strongly considering Vistana (cheap and plentiful :D )

For floating ownership, the Fountains and the Lakes will be good choices as they are done with the refurb and the special assessments schedule is completed (make sure seller has paid them!).

The Fountains and Fountains II are a bit mroe tricky than the Lakes. The Lakes phase will give you access to all 52 weeks of the year and you can book up to 12 months in advance.

The Fountains I and II have two seasons. The seasons are:
High Season 1-4, 36-39, 48/49
Prime Season 5-35, 40-47, 50-52

You can book into your season up to 13 months in advance or chang seasons up to 60-days in advance. If you are changing from high to prime, there will be a $25 per day upgrade fee. The Fountains ownership also allows you to book at the Vistana Beach Club into a "like" season up to 12 months in advance or a different season 60-days out.

If you are buying Fountains, make sure the deeded week falls within the season that you want to travel in. Also, while the Fountains phase is sold at about 98% float ownership, there are some owners that happen to have fixed weeks so be careful....it is a small percentage but unless you want a fixed week, pay attention.

Redrosesix

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks so much -- I didn't know most of those things.

We definitely need Prime Season (always close to Pres. Day) and need to float -- and it will be around the same time every year.

I always wondered why some Vistana ads had floating 1-52 and others had specific weeks...thanks. You're right - it's tricky.

klbeaulieu

Reaction score
Sheraton Vitana Resort

In this order...

Courts - Saturday only
Falls - Sunday only
Spas - Friday only
Springs - F,Sa,Su
Palms - F,Sa,Su
Fountains I - Fri (closest to pool), Sa, Su
Fountains II - Sa, Su only
Lakes - F,Sa,Su
Cascades - F,Sa,Su

Hi,

Have some concerns and would like to get some advice if anyone is willing..

I have an exchange thru RCI for the Sheraton Vistana Resort for a 2 bedroom, full kitchen, occupancy 8/6, check in Sunday 10/4/09. Which section do you think I'd be assigned to? According to what I've learned, Sunday check in would be the Falls. I think I'm ok with this becuase it looks like the referb will be done by Oct 09. But because this is an RCI exchange, is it possilbe that I could get an older unit? How would one go about getting a newer unit and if I put in request, what unit should I request? Location on the property is not a huge concern, so I don't want to request for something I have no chance in getting. It's just my husband, two daughters (6 & 9) and myself and we will be doing the parks on our visit, so my major concern is just getting a newer unit.

Thanks for any advice one can share.

Kristen

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Have some concerns and would like to get some advice if anyone is willing..

I have an exchange thru RCI for the Sheraton Vistana Resort for a 2 bedroom, full kitchen, occupancy 8/6, check in Sunday 10/4/09. Which section do you think I'd be assigned to? According to what I've learned, Sunday check in would be the Falls. I think I'm ok with this becuase it looks like the referb will be done by Oct 09. But because this is an RCI exchange, is it possilbe that I could get an older unit? How would one go about getting a newer unit and if I put in request, what unit should I request? Location on the property is not a huge concern, so I don't want to request for something I have no chance in getting. It's just my husband, two daughters (6 & 9) and myself and we will be doing the parks on our visit, so my major concern is just getting a newer unit.

Thanks for any advice one can share.

Kristen

Maximum occupancy of the Falls units is 6, so since you've indicated 8 above, I don't think you will be in Falls. You can call the resort and ask them to put you in Falls. Since you're a few months out, your request should be honored before other II trades that happen after you.

-tim

klbeaulieu

Reaction score
Maximum occupancy of the Falls units is 6, so since you've indicated 8 above, I don't think you will be in Falls. You can call the resort and ask them to put you in Falls. Since you're a few months out, your request should be honored before other II trades that happen after you.

-tim

Thanks Tim. Do you think Falls is they way to go? Am I correct in thinking that the Falls phase will be done with the refurb by Oct? Just want to put in a request that will most likely be honored. My second choice would either be Fountains I or the Lakes...what's my best option?

Thanks again,
Kristen

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. Do you think Falls is they way to go? Am I correct in thinking that the Falls phase will be done with the refurb by Oct? Just want to put in a request that will most likely be honored. My second choice would either be Fountains I or the Lakes...what's my best option?

Thanks again,
Kristen

Hi Kristen,

It's really a matter of personal preference. There's a lot of information in this thread and the other current thread about people's location preference. According to Starwood, both Falls and Springs (which is max 8 persons) will be completely renovated by the time you are there. Fountains is already renovated. If that's the most important thing to you, then request to be in one of those phases.

-tim