Timeshare Users Group Forums
TUG Links external to TUG BBS:    TUG Home| TUG Resort Databases| Marketplace | TUG Help | Advice | Join TUG  

Timeshare Users Group Bulletin Board
Go Back   Timeshare Users Group Forums > Archives (read-only) > Ask RCI (Read/Search Only)

Ask RCI (Read/Search Only) RCI representatives participate in this forum to answer your questions about RCI policy and operation.

GLOBAL ANNOUNCEMENTS
TUG Turns 21 Years Old! Read More

Free Timeshare Exchanges on TUG! View current exchanges!

Free TUG Newsletter! Sign up today!

TUG Banner Travels the World! Follow the Banner!

Forum Jump

Old October 4, 2005, 06:05 PM   #1
sylcro
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Vacation Village at Parkway/Floating 2 bdm, Westgate Vac Villas/Floating all 4 Bdm Grand Villa, Wyndham Skyline Tower,Go
Using Bonus Weeks for exchanges

I have 2 bonus weeks each year as part of the incentive to purchase my last timeshare. I called RCI to ask about activating them and the vp I spoke with said that I could not search on the website using them but that I could search for Extra Vacations and that if I found something I wanted there that I could call RCI and that I would then be able to book it through them and only at the exchange rate for a studio,1 bdm etc depending on what I was getting.

Am I clear on this? I would not have to pay the listed extra vacation price?

I hope I have made clear what I mean/for just the external exchange fee is what I mean?

Thanks Madge

Sylvia
Old October 6, 2005, 01:57 PM   #2
Deer Path
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 6, 05

Resorts: Bay Club/Kona(HGVC); Playa Grande,Cabo; Cabo Villas Beach Resort; El Cid Marina Mazatlan,LaJolla-Mazatlan
The bonus weeks I have will only cost me $149 to use. I look in extra vacations and mine will work for anything that cost $500 or less. (IT may be $550...not sure). So when I find something whether it is a studio or a three bedroom I only pay $149. I just did this yesterday. I got Oct.14-21 at Holiday Shores at Lake of the Ozarks for $149 for a 3 BR. We will only be able to stay till the 19th but that is an inexpensive vacation!! I have to call a VC to book them but that was easy. They quickly took care of me.
Judy
Old October 10, 2005, 04:51 PM   #3
sylcro
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Jun 9, 05

Resorts: Vacation Village at Parkway/Floating 2 bdm, Westgate Vac Villas/Floating all 4 Bdm Grand Villa, Wyndham Skyline Tower,Go
Bonus weeks and searches

Dear Deer Path,

I just called RCI and the VP said that if I found an extra vacation that I probably could not use my bonus week for the exchange. She also said that perhaps with last call if I found one that I could use it for that because I need to search with 45 days in order to use the bonus week. I really would like clarity on this. I am sure the RCI rep I previously spoke with was stating exactly what you said in your reply, that I could search Extra Vacations and apply my bonus week toward it. I noticed your exchange is within 45 days.

I had hoped when I first posted that the RCI Moderator here would reply and clarify this. Any further thoughts on the situation?

Sylvia

Last edited by sylcro; October 10, 2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old October 17, 2005, 04:02 PM   #4
Madge
TUG Member

BBS Reg. Date: Apr 23, 05
Sylvia,

The first RCI Guide you spoke to and Deer Path gave you the most accurate answers to this question. Use Extra Vacations as a tool to search online, but look for the weeks priced under $500 USD with several units available. Those are the most likely to be available using your bonus weeks.