• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

BWV work is late and general musings...

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished a visit to WDW at BWV and BLT. Unfortunately, our BWV Boardwalk View reservation couldn't be honored and they bumped us to pool view and gave us a $250 room credit. They told us the renovations were way behind schedule and we saw workers arriving early in the mornings (6AM-ish) and departing late into the evening (9PM-ish).

This was our first WDW visit as empty nesters and thus our first 'adult only' visit to WDW in more years than I care to admit. After a decade of Presidents Week/Easter/Christmas-NYE experiences at WDW I can't recommend visiting the week after Thanksgiving highly enough.

Jollywood Nights was an epic idea with flawed execution. On the positive side, it really felt like an adult evening at Hollywood Studios with some people dressed to the nines - spats, cocktail dresses, etc. - and many others in full on cosplay or Disney Christmas regalia. There were lots of great cocktails to be had and while most of them were too sweet for our tastes we very much enjoyed the Oaxaca Old Fashioned at the ABC Commissary. The Latin inspired dishes were also quite tasty - a pleasant surprise given the Commissary's usual fare. My wife, a costume designer, was pleased to be photographed alongside Edna Mode and the artwork/theming of her photoshoot was inspired. And the ghostly band outside the Hollywood Tower Hotel played some awesome music.

On the negative side, most of the events and entertainments were on Sunset Boulevard with a few in Echo Lake and Commissary Lane and so that area was *packed*. The system to get into Jazzy Holidays Hollywood Brown Derby was impossible to use unless you wanted to enter at party open or were willing to stand around in the scrum around the Derby waiting an hour for a table. And the Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club was just bizarre. You could stand in the 2-3 people deep crowd in front of the band (which we did) which was all they would allow because they had to keep the area behind free to allow for traffic to flow and a queue for the bar. If you choose to stand in that hour long queue for the bar you could then sit/stand where the drinks were served...no where near the band. And there was nothing in Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, or Grand Avenue.

Lastly, after many years of going to WDW wearing two wristbands - my watch and a MagicBand - I finally bit the bullet and taught my Apple Watch to be a MagicBand. It took three failed tries of falling back on using my phone and a castmember telling me, 'Oh, you need to do this too', but once it worked it was really quite nice (the online instructions really are written for someone who has already gone through the process of setting up their watch to use Apple Pay...which I don't even on my phone). I used my watch for tapping into the park, entering Lighting Lanes, and charging stuff to our room (The only thing it can't do is open resort doors).

Last edited:

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
We just finished a visit to WDW at BWV and BLT. Unfortunately, our BWV Boardwalk View reservation couldn't be honored and they bumped us to pool view and gave us a $250 room credit. They told us the renovations were way behind schedule and we saw workers arriving early in the mornings (6AM-ish) and departing late into the evening (9PM-ish).

This was our first WDW visit as empty nesters and thus our first 'adult only' visit to WDW in more years than I care to admit. After a decade of Presidents Week/Easter/Christmas-NYE experiences at WDW I can't recommend visiting the week after Thanksgiving highly enough.

Jollywood Nights was an epic idea with flawed execution. On the positive side, it really felt like an adult evening at Hollywood Studios with some people dressed to the nines - spats, cocktail dresses, etc. - and many others in full on cosplay or Disney Christmas regalia. There were lots of great cocktails to be had and while most of them were too sweet for our tastes we very much enjoyed the Oaxaca Old Fashioned at the ABC Commissary. The Latin inspired dishes were also quite tasty - a pleasant surprise given the Commissary's usual fare. My wife, a costume designer, was pleased to be photographed alongside Edna Mode and the artwork/theming of her photoshoot was inspired. And the ghostly band outside the Hollywood Tower Hotel played some awesome music.

On the negative side, most of the events and entertainments were on Sunset Boulevard with a few in Echo Lake and Commissary Lane and so that area was *packed*. The system to get into Jazzy Holidays Hollywood Brown Derby was impossible to use unless you wanted to enter at party open or were willing to stand around in the scrum around the Derby waiting an hour for a table. And the Twilight Soirée at the Tip Top Club was just bizarre. You could stand in the 2-3 people deep crowd in front of the band (which we did) which was all they would allow because they had to keep the area behind free to allow for traffic to flow and a queue for the bar. If you choose to stand in that hour long queue for the bar you could then sit/stand where the drinks were served...no where near the band. And there was nothing in Galaxy's Edge, Toy Story Land, or Grand Avenue.

Lastly, after many years of going to WDW wearing two wristbands - my watch and a MagicBand - I finally bit the bullet and taught my Apple Watch to be a MagicBand. It took three failed tries of falling back on using my phone and a castmember telling me, 'Oh, you need to do this too', but once it worked it was really quite nice (the online instructions really are written for someone who has already gone through the process of setting up their watch to use Apple Pay...which I don't even on my phone). I used my watch to tapping into the park, entering Lighting Lanes, and charging stuff to our room (The only thing it can't do is open resort doors).
Thanks for the detailed report! I wonder whether the BWV refurb delay is related to the plumbing problems - ceiling leaks, toilet issues - or construction issues or both.

FYI on the MB/Apple Watch setup, some years ago after MB2 came out I bought a MB puck holder from Etsy. I remove the puck from the MB, insert it into the holder, and slide that onto the watch band. So I have full MB and watch function with only one strap on my wrist. MB+ puck holders are available now, some even set up to allow charging without removing the puck from the holder.

One side effect of using the puck holder is that it stopped my addiction to buying new, cute MBs, since the puck had no design on it. Now that the MB+ pucks are themed, I’ll have to be strong…!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Did they credit you the points difference? They really should have credited you the points difference on top of the goodwill gesture…

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Did they credit you the points difference? They really should have credited you the points difference on top of the goodwill gesture…
What @bnoble said. It is one of the bizarre and unfortunate 'features' of BWV that the resort's equivalent of Theme Park View is the same number of points as Pool View. Which means that you need to book Boardwalk View at 11 months sharp while Pool View villas are available long after Boardwalk View and Standard View are gone.

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
There is no points difference: Boardwalk View and Preferred View are the same.
The reason for that is historical. When BWV opened, there were two bookable categories, Standard and Preferred. Boardwalk view was included in the Preferred category, and we could request it but weren’t guaranteed to get it. After apparently multiple loud protests by owners checking in who didn’t get that request, DVC made BW view a bookable category, but to make it easy on themselves, they kept the points cost the same. As @ljmiii says above, they go fast at 11 months!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau

Huskerpaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BoardWalk Villas, MVC Grande Vista & Willow Ridge, WorldMark
We have been here at Boardwalk for a week checking out today. All the rooms under the Crest o Waves signs are not done and still have plastic film on the windows with the lights on all night. Seems like they are a few weeks away at least.

We are staying in a refurbed studio with a Village Green view and it has been fantastic. New room decor is a little sterile, but other wise it looks great. And the Murphy bed is a really nice addition.