• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Carlsbad resort Question

resp20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Any advise on which resort ( Carlsbad Seapoint or Carlsbad Inn Beach resort) would anybody recomend for January. The wife and I are going and both resorts are very much alike. Also what are the temps at the beginning of January? Please help us as I need to make a decision tonight!! Thanks

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
resp20 said:
Any advise on which resort ( Carlsbad Seapoint or Carlsbad Inn Beach resort) would anybody recomend for January. The wife and I are going and both resorts are very much alike. Also what are the temps at the beginning of January? Please help us as I need to make a decision tonight!! Thanks

Calsbad Inn is in town and several shops and restaurants are walkable. There is also a restaurant on site. Units are slightly older but in good condition but some may be dark if they are on the first floor. Carlsbad Seapointe is lighter and brighter but about two miles south of downtown. A car is definately needed for the Seapointe and preferable for Carlsbad Inn. Both should be great exchanges. Funtime

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
resp20 said:
... The wife and I are going and both resorts are very much alike. ...
We'd say the two resorts are very different.
Seapoint sits up on the hill sort of by its self. It is a serious jaunt to the beach across the hiway, but is a nice new resort. The Inn sits in town, is a block from the beach, but it is an older resort. We turned down the Seapoint for the Inn. Liked the location better.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We'll be going to Carlsbad Inn in late September. Any advice on requesting the best location for a 2 bedroom unit? Or are there any 2 bedroom units that should be avoided?

Thanks,
Maria & Tim

daventrina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC (Diamond) Platinum HI/US HGV Max
hudshut said:
Any advice on requesting the best location for a 2 bedroom unit? Thanks,
Maria & Tim
We would request a room on the 3rd floor.
Expect the ground floor, and ask for and hope to get the 3rd floor.

JohnnyO

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call ahead and request a third floor unit if possible. From what I have heard they have a new tactic to get people on their timeshare tour for the new Grand Pacific HGVC Resort....they offer upgrades if you take the tour. I have heard this from several people and they just tried to do it with me at the Grand Pacific Palisades and I am an owner there. So beware.

davenlib

TUG Member
Reaction score
we just got back from a great vacation at the Carlsbad Inn.. We had a two bedroom and I called the night before to request a thrid floor ocean view.. They say the only choice for two bedroom is street or grass area.. I chose the grassy area which was great.. We got room 331 in the Oaks building which is for Saturday arrivals.. we had a great ocean view from the balcony. They only have 12 two bedrooms.. I would definitely not want to be on the ground floor.. THey are somewhat underground and then have a hedge around them..very stuffy.. We were right above the pool and jacuzzi which for us was good because we could sit on the balcony and watch the kids swim. We spent a lot of time at the beach. they provide chairs, umbrellas, buckets, shovels, ect at the beach so you dont have to lug them.. we had a great visit..

enjoy yours.....:whoopie: