• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Changes at DVC Caribbean Beach & Riviera

Reaction score
Starting tomorrow (Sunday 01/28), buses will no longer take guests from either Caribbean Beach or Riviera to EPCOT. From then on, you must use the Skyliner. When SkyLiner is down, like when Florida afternoon thunderstorms or a Tropical Storm/Hurricane hits, buses will take them. Disney Transportation will continue to have the shuttle bus running around the property. You would go out to the bus stop, hop on the bus/shuttle, it will take you to the SkyLiner terminal, and you would go that way. We do that now, when SkyLiner and/or monorail is shut down, we go into action and get everyone to their destination.

Other resorts and theme parks who do not have a SkyLiner terminal will continue to have buses.

TS

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Starting tomorrow (Sunday 01/28), buses will no longer take guests from either Caribbean Beach or Riviera to EPCOT. From then on, you must use the Skyliner. When SkyLiner is down, like when Florida afternoon thunderstorms or a Tropical Storm/Hurricane hits, buses will take them. Disney Transportation will continue to have the shuttle bus running around the property. You would go out to the bus stop, hop on the bus/shuttle, it will take you to the SkyLiner terminal, and you would go that way. We do that now, when SkyLiner and/or monorail is shut down, we go into action and get everyone to their destination.

Other resorts and theme parks who do not have a SkyLiner terminal will continue to have buses.

TS
I guess I didn’t realize that they still **were** running buses from skyline resorts to HS/Epcot. Are they still doing this at other skyliner resorts?

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Skyliner was down for maintenance until the 26th and that is now completed and things are back to normal, that is all that is being said here.

DeeCee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wonder how a person who is afraid of heights is going to deal with that....Lyft I guess? My grandson wouldn't get on the Skyliner....

Reaction score
One option is to take a bus from Caribbean Beach (CB) or Riviera (RR) to Hollywood Studios (DHS) and spend some time there. Then, take a bus from DHS to EPCOT. When you're done at EPCOT, take a bus to DHS, then DHS to CB. Buses run usually 90 minutes after closing. Or, take the bus to Magic Kingdom (MK), then hop on the monorail to EPCOT, then EPCOT-MK-CB/RR.

There is always the possibility that the EPCOT - Caribbean Beach/Riviera Resort bus may be reinstated. For instance, a month ago, Disney Transportation was trying to get buses to pick up/drop off at (Marriott) Swan and Dolphin resorts, but they renewed their contract with MEARS. And in your case, there are guests who prefer the buses, and Disney Transportation will probably listen.

TS

Reaction score
UPDATE: It looks like buses are back to taking people to RR & CB. I guess it was a test, but I assume guests weren't too happy about it. Like I said, monorail and Skyliner may fail, or be shut down due to severe weather, but buses will always run (except in very high winds).

TS

TheHolleys87

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Boardwalk Villas, Kona Coast II
UPDATE: It looks like buses are back to taking people to RR & CB. I guess it was a test, but I assume guests weren't too happy about it. Like I said, monorail and Skyliner may fail, or be shut down due to severe weather, but buses will always run (except in very high winds).

TS
Are the buses running all the time, or just when Skyliner is down? Many people who are afraid of heights or otherwise won’t ride the Skyliner will be delighted if buses run all the time!

If running all the time, are they once an hour or more frequently?

Reaction score
Since it looks like we are back to taking guests from EPCOT to CB/RR via buses, they will continue every 15-20 minutes. That's the average time to go from EPCOT to all the stops. If you or someone in your party has an issue with heights, it's probably best to plan on another resort that does not have Skyliner, just in case Disney changes their mind and stops bus service. No matter what, if weather or break-down shuts down the Skyliner, buses will always pick up guests.

TS

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
you or someone in your party has an issue with heights, it's probably best to plan on another resort that does not have Skyliner,
100 percent this! At Caribbean Beach, Pop & AOA you are definitely paying a premium because of the skyliner access. If you don't want to use the skyliner, you're much better off paying less and staying at the other moderate or value resorts.