• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Four Seasons - Troon North Resale Questions

TCJT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club - BCV, VGF, BLT, VGC
Hi everyone and thanks in advance!

I have tried to find information on the internet and in these boards but it doesn’t seem like there is alot of current information regarding Four Seasons resales. We have stayed on the hotel side and loved the resort - my spouse found some inexpensive resales and we are tempted to purchase. We currently own several Disney Vacation Club contracts (both direct and resale) = we are very familiar with that ecosystem and maintenance fees, booking ahead of time are not concerns for us We just have no familiarity with the ecosystem of the Four Seasons Residences (really just Troon and Aviara if I understand correctly).

Any information or knowledge would be greatly appreciated but these are our central questions. What are the limitations to buying a resale Four Seasons contract? What benefits do we get by going through their approved reseller versus just buying one from a non- approved reseller? Or maybe a better question is what limitations are placed on us by going through a non approved seller? Is the minimum price of a contract 2500$ still accurate to get any benefits? Have they been refurbished lately and what do they look like now?

I could just reach out to the resale agents with a burner email but am not sure how much information they’d give me. And I’d rather not get stuck on the phone with them.

Thanks in advance for any information!!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
The only limitation when buying via non-approved reseller is you will not be able to participate in the internal exchange lottery.

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
Check out the TriWest site. https://triwest-timeshare.com/. They are the approved broker for both Aviara and Scottsdale. The benefits are the lottery, Aviara exchange, and Accommodation Credits(~$1750 at Four Seasons hotel credit if you trade you unit in - not worth it). They only one I find useful is the lottery where you trade your unit into other Four Season higher end Residence Clubs in Punta Mita, Jackson Hole, etc. You can get really good deals inclusive of weeks and closing costs. Scottsdale is more upfront $$ than Aviara. I would highly recommend two units as you can then book 13 months in advance instead of 12. Also I find EliteAlliance and Thirdhome , you can get access to both, to be great sites to get access to higher end properties.

Also note there is thread about the Scottsdale location not allowing owners to rent on Redweek etc, Aviara doesn't have the same rule. They want you to go through TriWest to rent.

Last edited:

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
Check out the TriWest site. https://triwest-timeshare.com/. They are the approved broker for both Aviara and Scottsdale. The benefits are the lottery, Aviara exchange, and Accommodation Credits(~$1750 at Four Seasons hotel credit if you trade you unit in - not worth it). They only one I find useful is the lottery where you trade your unit into other Four Season higher end Residence Clubs in Punta Mita, Jackson Hole, etc. You can get really good deals inclusive of weeks and closing costs. Scottsdale is more upfront $$ than Aviara. I would highly recommend two units as you can then book 13 months in advance instead of 12. Also I find EliteAlliance and Thirdhome , you can get access to both, to be great sites to get access to higher end properties.

Also note there is thread about the Scottsdale location not allowing owners to rent on Redweek etc, Aviara doesn't have the same rule. They want you to go through TriWest to rent.
Here is an old email that you may find helpful as I was looking at buying into Scottsdale, but ultimately chose more Aviara weeks.

Purchase Price: (all villas are 2 bedroom lockout floorplan, annual use)

Platinum Season - January through May, last three weeks of December

$16,500 Full Four Seasons benefits

$15,000 Club Exchange only

offer without FSAC or Club

$35,000 (present offer) - Rare Fixed (pre-reserved) weeks during the months of March and April). FSAC and Club Exchange transfer.

Gold Season - June to mid July, second week of September to mid December

$ 6,500 Full Four Seasons benefits

$ 5,500 Club Exchange only

offer without FSAC or Club

Silver Season - mid July through first week of September

$ 500 Club Exchange only

Yearly fees $2629.42 (2023) per week same for any season (includes property tax)

Closing costs: including escrow, title insurance, recording and transfer fees estimated $1100. These are per transaction so there is a savings when purchasing more than one week from the same owner. Listing prices are plus closing costs.

Reservation window: one week reservation - 12 months in advance, multiple weeks reserved consecutively or concurrently 13 months in advance.

Fixed weeks are pre-reserved. No need to make reservations each year.

Benefits programs:

1. FSAC (Accommodations Credits):

Owners are responsible for paying their maintenance fees, but have the option, within certain reservation windows, to give up their week and receive, instead FSAC which may be used to purchase room nights at Four Seasons hotels. FSAC amounts for the Four Seasons Scottsdale are Platinum 2 bedroom: $2,450, Gold 2 bedroom: $1,575.

2. Club Exchange:

Club Exchange benefits include the option to exchange between FSRC Scottsdale and Aviara and switch between gold season and platinum season through the Four Seasons internal "Club" exchange within certain reservation windows. The option to enter into the annual exchange drawing to use your week at FSRC Punta Mita, or Costa Rica, and perhaps Vail or Jackson Hole is also part of the Club Exchange feature. Club Exchange also includes direct exchange options to properties like the Philips Club, New York.

3. Owner rates:

An additional benefit of ownership is that Owners may add additional nights on a "pay as you go" basis at the Residence Clubs in both Scottsdale and Aviara. You receive discounted owner rates instead of paying rack rate at both of these beautiful resorts. Rates are seasonal and are based on availability.

LovesIceCream

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Aviara
Four Seasons Troon
Hi everyone and thanks in advance!

I have tried to find information on the internet and in these boards but it doesn’t seem like there is alot of current information regarding Four Seasons resales. We have stayed on the hotel side and loved the resort - my spouse found some inexpensive resales and we are tempted to purchase. We currently own several Disney Vacation Club contracts (both direct and resale) = we are very familiar with that ecosystem and maintenance fees, booking ahead of time are not concerns for us We just have no familiarity with the ecosystem of the Four Seasons Residences (really just Troon and Aviara if I understand correctly).

Any information or knowledge would be greatly appreciated but these are our central questions. What are the limitations to buying a resale Four Seasons contract? What benefits do we get by going through their approved reseller versus just buying one from a non- approved reseller? Or maybe a better question is what limitations are placed on us by going through a non approved seller? Is the minimum price of a contract 2500$ still accurate to get any benefits? Have they been refurbished lately and what do they look like now?

I could just reach out to the resale agents with a burner email but am not sure how much information they’d give me. And I’d rather not get stuck on the phone with them.

Thanks in advance for any information!!
Hi TCJT,

I am a Four Seasons Troon and Aviara owner. Both resorts are gorgeous! You will not be disappointed. I believe that if you pay the additional $2,500 Club Fee (which is optional), that enables you to enter a lottery and trade for other Four Seasons properties such as Punta Mita, Costa Rica, Jackson Hole and I believe Vail. However, there is limited inventory for the exchange locations. People who plan to spend time at their home resort often forego the extra fee.

I also have a Troon week I plan to list as a giveaway, with a sales price of $0 (though the Club fee can always be added).

Last edited:

TCJT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hi TCJT,
I am a Four Seasons Troon and Aviara owner. Both resorts are gorgeous! You will not be disappointed. I believe that if you pay the additional $2,500 Club Fee (which is optional), that enables you to enter a lottery and trade for other Four Seasons properties such as Punta Mita, Costa Rica, Jackson Hole and I believe Vail. However, there is limited inventory for the exchange locations. People who plan to spend time at their home resort often forego the extra fee.
Thank you for the information! If an owner doesn’t pay the 2500$ can they trade into Aviara? If we buy Troon, I can see us wanting to try Aviara because it does look beautiful.

Also if we buy platinum season can we book into gold if we want to?

Thanks!!

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m at Aviara this week on an exchange and talked to a Tri West agent (Betty) about buying an aviara gold week. She said they have a good package deal on offer now: $2500 purchase price for a 2BR Gold but seller pays closing costs AND allows buyer to use unit in 2024 wihtout reimbursement of 2024 maintenance fee ($3007). The $2500 purchase price would qualify buyer for Four Seasons Club benefits as discussed above.

I ultimately decided an aviara week didn’t work for me but if anyone is interested, Betty’s number is 800-423-6377. I found her very knowledgeable and helpful without being too pushy. I know her only from one telephone conversation and some emails.

phillyflyer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Aviara
I bought Aviara through Betty as TriWest is the approved reseller. She is very knowledgable and it was an easy process. Maintenance fees are north of $3000 but have been fairly easy to rent or deposit for the right weeks. I like Gold at Aviara as it covers many major holidays(ThanksGiving, Christmas, etc) and spring break weeks - Platinum is the summer. Still waiting to win the Four Seasons lottery.

TCJT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I bought Aviara through Betty as TriWest is the approved reseller. She is very knowledgable and it was an easy process. Maintenance fees are north of $3000 but have been fairly easy to rent or deposit for the right weeks. I like Gold at Aviara as it covers many major holidays(ThanksGiving, Christmas, etc) and spring break weeks - Platinum is the summer. Still waiting to win the Four Seasons lottery.
Thank you for the feedback on Betty at TriWest!

Jerrygomi

TUG Member
Reaction score
lol. Yes website is probably so bare bones so you have to call them and talk to an agent.

TCJT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
lol. Yes website is probably so bare bones so you have to call them and talk to an agent.
It is very bare bones - the listings are each 1 line. definitely could use a refresh!

Lskip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also considering purchasing at Troon. Does anyone know how difficult it is to book a Feb or Mar week at 12mos out?

TCJT

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
TriWest's website could use a refresh , reminds me of a 1990s web page.
Yes, to be honest, the website put us off triwest in part because I couldn’t decipher the seasonality of the listing.