• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

HGVC Vilamoura Portugal

TheWindrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
We are considering Vilamoura early next year and wondering if anybody has stayed there recently and have updates, pictures or any more current info. I noticed the last post on the Detailed Resort forum is from 2017. Thank you!

pacman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good luck getting in. Almost impossible to book.

TheWindrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Good luck getting in. Almost impossible to book.
I guess it’s beginner’s luck, I was able to snag rezies over Christmas and NY’s Day which is most important as we want to experience the holidays there. Then a week off to Lisbon and back to Vilamoura Jan 9th-18th. I suppose it’s low/shoulder season.
1714011132392.jpeg

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed three times as the COVID lockdowns were expiring (and it was easier to travel within Europe than to go further afield). That made exchanging in easier (given many of the British owners still couldn't make it over) and we eventually bought a week because we enjoyed it so much. Skipped last year.

Have not really taken any pictures of the resort, but happy to answer any questions. The units are compact compared to most US HGVC resorts, but really smartly laid out so we didn't feel "cramped". The resort has both a Hilton "hotel" (where the timeshare units are co-located) as well as a full ownership residential section. The units are kept in good order. The resort shows a bit of "vintage" but I think that's because of a focus on good upkeep rather than regular "makeovers". All amenities are shared, so you have the option of a more resort style pool in the "Hilton" oval and a more condo style pool in the residential oval....plus another small adults only quiet pool. The on-site restaurant does a good job and there's a decent finer dining place just across the backside road (nearer the residential end of the complex) called Willies.

It's about a 20/25 minute walk down to the marina (we had a car, but when the weather is pleasant it's a very nice walk and avoiding marina parking is a plus). Lots of restaurants and activities there, which is the central activity hub of the "master planned" development.

Happy to answer any specific questions.

xandern

Reaction score
Have been there a few times, usually in November/December. Last time 3 years ago around Christmas time. Villamoura itself (not the HGVC/hotel) is very quiet that time of year with quite a few restaurants/bars closed. Weather is usually quite nice.
One comment though: a 1 BR apartment is quite small (40 m2)- would not recommend staying in it with 4 persons. In our last stay there, we toured Portugal in came there twice at the beginning and end of our trip. Both times we booked a regular hotel room and were upgraded to a 1BR HGVC type room (which is the same for the hotel and for HGVC). Second time, we actually asked if we could not get a King Deluxe Plus room instead (which they did), even though it does not have a kitchen, the room is larger (47 m2) and nicer (more outside light in room and larger balcony).