• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interest in a SoCal Tugger Get-Together?

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
This thread is to gauge interest in a SoCal TUG Get-Together. I am thinking of maybe Anaheim because that would be somewhat central to Disney, San Diego, and Los Angeles. Oh, and there's a Golden Corral in Anaheim, haha. Any other ideas are welcome. What time of year would be best to organize such an event? I know the Orlando is done in January, not sure what time of year is best for SoCal TS visitors.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
It's funny that you say this because I was just thinking of organizing a San Diego meet up again. We did one years ago which was really fun, but then....covid. ;)

I think that anything in the greater LA would be good if you were trying to do the whole state, just for ease of access to LAX, and Anaheim would allow for folks to combine it with a Disneyland visit. I'd be up for it. We did the San Diego meetup at Carlsbad Seapointe because we had enough owners with day use privileges to get everyone into the resort. We were able to tour a remodeled unit and binge-talk all things timeshares. I have a photo somewhere. I'll try to find it and put it on the thread. It was a lot of fun.

ChestersMom9

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Village By the Gulf, Meadowlake
I live in Los Angeles. Whatever you plan, I would be interested.

Beth

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's funny that you say this because I was just thinking of organizing a San Diego meet up again. We did one years ago which was really fun, but then....covid. ;)

I think that anything in the greater LA would be good if you were trying to do the whole state, just for ease of access to LAX, and Anaheim would allow for folks to combine it with a Disneyland visit. I'd be up for it. We did the San Diego meetup at Carlsbad Seapointe because we had enough owners with day use privileges to get everyone into the resort. We were able to tour a remodeled unit and binge-talk all things timeshares. I have a photo somewhere. I'll try to find it and put it on the thread. It was a lot of fun.
That's awesome @klpca, maybe we can work together! Carlsbad wouldn't be too far for most LA folks, imo. I just don't know what location(s) are most central to the most TS properties. What do folks think about Anaheim vs. Carlsbad?

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
That's awesome @klpca, maybe we can work together! Carlsbad wouldn't be too far for most LA folks, imo. I just don't know what location(s) are most central to the most TS properties. What do folks think about Anaheim vs. Carlsbad?
I'll reach out to a few SD folks to make sure that they see this. :) I am sure that I will forget someone, so if you think of someone else, please let them know.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
If the meet up is extended to those of us outside of SoCal who can make it there, I will keep an eye on this thread. If what is planned works with my schedule I would love to do this.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
If the meet up is extended to those of us outside of SoCal who can make it there, I will keep an eye on this thread. If what is planned works with my schedule I would love to do this.
Absolutely 1000%. I'm sure we would even tailor the date to accommodate the revered @marmite!

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
You should expand it, and come to Las Vegas. That way even more of us could show up. :D

Dave

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
You should expand it, and come to Las Vegas. That way even more of us could show up. :D

Dave

That would be a nice locale, but then I would probably leave it to someone else to organize because I don't get to Vegas that frequently. Are there more TS folks in Vegas than SoCal, or are you thinking more would travel there?

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
To mix it up I will vote for Portland or Seattle :) Alternatively - prefer LA, Palm Springs, or Las Vegas over Carlsbad

Jodyv

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great idea!! Lots of timeshare choices in Las Vegas...even last minute deals. SoCal works well for all the reasons you've given. I'd love to participate!!

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
If it times out with our visits to see our grandkids in Long Beach we will come. We typically stop there after Hawaii and other trips. It would be easy to add a side trip to San Diego

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
That would be a nice locale, but then I would probably leave it to someone else to organize because I don't get to Vegas that frequently. Are there more TS folks in Vegas than SoCal, or are you thinking more would travel there?

I'm thinking SoCal folks could come east to LV. Then everybody in and around Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, Arizona, and even New Mexico could come to Nevada. I'm seeing a substantial party opportunity.

And we could give all those Orlando Tuggers a run for their meetup money. :D

Dave

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Weather is always great in LV, except maybe during summer. If I happen to be in whichever SO/LV area at the time this is held, I will attend. Typically we are in Palm Springs area for a month in Jan, Carlsbad/San Diego/Oceanside area in July/August but this year we will be in Monterey. We are in LV for about 8 months.

Last edited:

sparty

TUG Member
Reaction score
I vote for Las Vegas same date and time as the Orlando Tug meetup.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
My suggestion to the OP here is to pick a date, time and location in So-Cal and go. If others show up, fantastic. If not, have a great meal with your significant other (or even yourself). Let those that want to have it in Vegas or elsewhere to just plan their own get together in Vegas or elsewhere.