• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott announces new "city collection"

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When did the MVC provide light breakfast or other “treats”? I’ve only stayed post-COVID, and saw the return of (only) hot beverages during my last visit in ‘23.
The last time was September of 2023. Pastries and fruit in the morning and cookies/desserts in the evening. (Not that we ate the pastries...the croissants and nutbreads in Gregorys Coffee next door were staggeringly delicious. But they were there...and the bananas and coffee/espresso machine were very much appreciated.)

Last edited:

daviator

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKORVN, WDW, Westin FLEX, Marriott's MOC, Abound (Trust) Points
When did the MVC provide light breakfast or other “treats”? I’ve only stayed post-COVID, and saw the return of (only) hot beverages during my last visit in ‘23.
You took the words out of my fingers. We were there (Mayflower) just a few months ago and there was no food provided at any time. All they had were little bottles of water, an unlimited number of which could be procured from the front desk downstairs, from which I assumed that probably meant that the tap water was not to be consumed.

We only saw someone sitting at the MVC desk (when you exit the elevator on the MVC floors) a couple of times during our stay. There was never food of any kind. Maybe there was coffee but I didn’t see it.

Edit: how time flies, it was late March of 2023, so a year ago. Perhaps they resumed the service after we were there.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hmmmm, cookies & desserts or beer, wine and hors d’oeuvres? Pastries & fruit or omelets with a cappuccino machine available? Which to choose…?

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Do you truly choose where to travel based on the food and drinks they provide?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The HGVC lounges are nice and add to the experience. NYC is expensive and the heavy appetizers in the evening have frequently been our dinner. :) We also appreciate having a lounge to meet with friends and family who are traveling with us rather than city rooms which are smaller and don't have dining spaces like beach resort rooms. West 57th not only has an indoor space but an outdoor deck for owners. We've met many fellow owners in the lounge to share best places to visit.

The DC HGVC it is housed in top floors of the Embassy suites so you can also get a free full breakfast buffet downstairs if the lounge fare is unappetizing.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
The HGVC lounges are nice and add to the experience. NYC is expensive and the heavy appetizers in the evening have frequently been our dinner. :) We also appreciate having a lounge to meet with friends and family who are traveling with us rather than city rooms which are smaller and don't have dining spaces like beach resort rooms. West 57th not only has an indoor space but an outdoor deck for owners. We've met many fellow owners in the lounge to share best places to visit.

The DC HGVC it is housed in top floors of the Embassy suites so you can also get a free full breakfast buffet downstairs if the lounge fare is unappetizing.
In DC, you also get two free drinks in the evening downstairs at The District if you don't feel like beer or wine....

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If I can't easily get coffee by 7AM (paying for it next door is OK) the hotel is a 'no go' for me. Anything else is negotiable...but not my morning coffee...;-)

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Since you asked, the considerations I take into account include the quality of the accommodations, fringe benefits such as the availability of food and beverages, location, and cost. For example, I greatly enjoy going to Flora Farms where I have harvesting rights on the farm during a stay and the units are quite nice. I cannot come up with a rationale basis for not taking into account the pleasures in life when considering where to spend my vacation dollars and highly recommend that people planning their own trips do the same. I would never blindly disregard the differences between choices of places to stay based on the label on the door - in the instant case we were discussing the relative merits of The District and the Mayflower in a collegial way and I was commenting on the availability of food and beverages.

Your mileage may vary.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the instant case we were discussing the relative merits of The District and the Mayflower in a collegial way and I was commenting on the availability of food and beverages.
Sigh. In fact you may have sold me on the need to buy a small deed at The District...;-)

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Since you asked, the considerations I take into account include the quality of the accommodations, fringe benefits such as the availability of food and beverages, location, and cost. For example, I greatly enjoy going to Flora Farms where I have harvesting rights on the farm during a stay and the units are quite nice. I cannot come up with a rationale basis for not taking into account the pleasures in life when considering where to spend my vacation dollars and highly recommend that people planning their own trips do the same. I would never blindly disregard the differences between choices of places to stay based on the label on the door - in the instant case we were discussing the relative merits of The District and the Mayflower in a collegial way and I was commenting on the availability of food and beverages.

Your mileage may vary.

It’s always reasonable to consider all aspects of your travel options. Based on the earlier comments, they seemed to be rather heavily influenced by the food and drink.

dansimms

TUG Member
Reaction score
As of today, we have been to every City Collection! Currently in Marriott’s Empire Palace in Bangkok. Not sure anyone else can say that yet. Now we have been to well over 50 locations in the Marriott Vacation Club and love them all !

Hindsite

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure anyone else can say that yet. Now we have been to well over 50 locations in the Marriott Vacation Club and love them all !
I suspect you have more company than you assume. There are plenty of MVC owners that I've spoken to that have been to lots of locations. Given how many decades the system has been around there has been lots of time for people to get out and about and many like being early guests at new resorts.
Enjoy your travels.