• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

MOC resale operations?

toddc2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ocean Club
Does anyone know if Marriott has started buying back MOC units?

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe Marriott is NOT buying back units at this time as they do not want to carry inventory. I do believe that Marriott will happily re-sell your unit if a buyer comes along. Call them and ask to put your name and unit on the resale list.

skifast

Reaction score
I was told that they are not in the resale period yet because they still have new inventory, but that they are "99% sold".

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you are interested in selling your unit when they do begin resales you need to cal the resale dept now and get your name on the waiting list of owners interested in selling. Marriott does keep such a list. I am willing to bet that when you call them you will be shocked at the number of people who are ahead of you on the list.
I know that when I called about selling my Barony Beach there were over 250 people ahead of me on the list who were interested in selling. Some of these will change their mind or have sold privately before their name reaches the top of the list but it took almost 3 years for my name to reach the top of the list so it certainly would not hurt to get your name on the list now. you can always change your mind when they contact you to have you sign the listing agreement.

Michigan Czar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Annual, 2 x Marriott's Maui Ocean Club Odd
They do have a waiting list like KathyPet mentioned but I do not know how many are on that list. If you are interested in selling call now and get on the list though it will take at least a couple years for you to get to the top. The benefit of selling it this way is they (Marriott) will give you 60% of what they sell it for (normally list) maybe alittle less now with the anniversary specials they have been running. You will have to decide if the wait is worth the extra money.