• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Need help getting out of bluegreen timeshare!??

amata

Reaction score
Step 1: Relax. You have 8 days left. People rescind all the time. Congratulations on finding TUG and realizing that you should rescind. You are making the correct decision

Step 2: The instructions are right there in what you posted. Just send a letter, certified mail, return receipt requested to the address they listed. In that letter, make sure to just write that you are exercising your right to rescind the timeshare purchase. Make sure that the letter is signed by everyone who signed the original contract (so include your spouse if you are married and you both signed it, etc). Get to the post office, mail it certified return receipt requested, and that’s it. There are no magic legal words you need to include in the letter.

Step 3: If you are still interested in a timeshare, research the resale market. You can likely purchase a timeshare you like for literally pennies on the dollar.

Seriously, get some sleep, you saved yourself in time, don’t stress anymore.
So I sent the letter two days after signing but forgot to sign it but typed out names. Should I send another letter signed and I did certified mail as well. I signed Monday and I got in Tennessee which I have 10 days so just need to know in advance

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So I sent the letter two days after signing but forgot to sign it but typed out name. Should I send another letter signed and I did certified mail as well.
Yes!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
So I sent the letter two days after signing but forgot to sign it but typed out names. Should I send another letter signed and I did certified mail as well. I signed Monday and I got in Tennessee which I have 10 days so just need to know in advance
Yes, and everyone who signed the deed needs to sign the letter. Hopefully you are still within your rescission period.

amata

Reaction score
I signed on the 20th of November and today is the 27th I had 10 days and re did the letter and signed it this time. I sent it certified mail and priority says it should be delivered on the 30th which is the 10th day mark. Will that be a problem?

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
I signed on the 20th of November and today is the 27th I had 10 days and re did the letter and signed it this time. I sent it certified mail and priority says it should be delivered on the 30th which is the 10th day mark. Will that be a problem?
All that matters is the date you got it postmarked (placed it in the mail). You are good to go. Congratulations on saving tens of thousands of dollars!

amata

Reaction score
This is what we sent. Hopefully this works

Attachments

• IMG_0965.jpeg
    IMG_0965.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 18

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
congrats on rescinding, you saved a fortune!

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Congrats on rescinding!

Although they do NOT have to acknowledge your rescission, they DO have to act on it. With that said, allow up to 45 days..........

espanto2085

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen
Congrats on rescinding!

Although they do NOT have to acknowledge your rescission, they DO have to act on it. With that said, allow up to 45 days..........

Hi if i bought a timeshare on the 11/22/23 and bought it in Nevada can i still cancel by the tenth day on rescission letter

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi if i bought a timeshare on the 11/22/23 and bought it in Nevada can i still cancel by the tenth day on rescission letter

Sounds like you are about to run out of time!

If you are interested in rescinding then do it today or tomorrow and retain your Certified Mail Postmarked Receipt as your proof of mailing. You will get a tracking number which will verify to you that it was in fact delivered.

Welcome to TUG.

amata

Reaction score
Congrats on rescinding!

So I got a refund but for the owner weekend getaway not the down payment will I?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
I am pretty sure nevada only provides 5 days to rescind....this would be confirmed in your sales contract.

amata

Reaction score
So I got a partial refund for the owners meeting and haven’t received it yet but haven’t received news about the actually down payment for the points itself. Should I be worried

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
So I got a partial refund for the owners meeting and haven’t received it yet but haven’t received news about the actually down payment for the points itself. Should I be worried
Did you get a refund?

yikeshikes

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I just want to say thank you all so much! My anxiety was at an all time high, higher than mt Everest lol. We noticed that Bluegreen stopped calling us but they sent an email around 10 letting us know they scheduled the new owner orientation. My heart dropped. The letters were delivered two days ago. Something told me to check my credit cards. For discover I saw two pending charges. I noticed they had the - sign. So I called. I had the man verify that my refund is processing 4 times lol. I’m so relieved. I’m just so thankful y’all helped me navigate this difficult situation. Thank you for real.
Hi Kristine,
I am in the same boat and same anxiety level you were at. I got my $49 refund from the orientation within 2 days of them receiving the letter.
So I'm glad that must be a good sign. Can you tell me exactly how many days did your full refund of down payment and management fee arrived?
I know it can take up to 45 days but it's just killing me to wait. You're the only one here that actually reported to have gotten their refund.
I hope you see this and can respond. Thanks so much.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Kristine,
I am in the same boat and same anxiety level you were at. I got my $49 refund from the orientation within 2 days of them receiving the letter.
So I'm glad that must be a good sign. Can you tell me exactly how many days did your full refund of down payment and management fee arrived?
I know it can take up to 45 days but it's just killing me to wait. You're the only one here that actually reported to have gotten their refund.

EVERYONE who rescinds within the legally allowable time DOES get their money back. IT IS THE LAW.

Most people who post their rescission issues here never return once they get their money back.

You'll get it back so go out and celebrate.

Kristine83

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Blue green
Hi Kristine,
Hello, it took 2 days of them receiving the letter for my refund to be pending with one bank. I think it took around 3 days for them to process the refund. The other half just appeared a few days after. The $49 for booking the new owners orientation came a few weeks later. I remember thinking “I need my $49 so I can be done with them” lol. It can be so nerve wrecking, but comforting to know that you’re not in this alone. Hoping they don’t make you wait the full 45 days:)

Pegsta

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Dyerave706!
Today is Sunday. The post office is closed. Send it by USPS Certified w/return receipt so you know it is delivered)
You don't have a deed. That would be generated during the closing process. That has not begun yet.
Get home, unpack. Relax. Celebrate that you found TUG, and that all is well.

Welcome to TUG.

IF, after this is over, and your money is safely back in your hands, timeshare still interests you, come back. Read up on the various systems, and on how to use them to give your family some great memories and not break the bank.

Jim

Oh, note in your rescission letter that 'Promotional materials to be returned under separate cover', then send their junk back to the resort by the cheapest means.
What if I forgot the books at the hotel. Can I just tell them to charge it to my card?

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
What if I forgot the books at the hotel. Can I just tell them to charge it to my card?
I wouldn't say anything. They probably don't want their junk anyway. If it comes up, they'll just have to deal with it. The important thing is the rescission, not their junk.

yikeshikes

Reaction score
Monday, March 25th will be the 45th day since I've mailed with confirmation registered mail. I am here to tell you all, that I have NOT RECEIVED
my refund. :cry:
EVERYONE who rescinds within the legally allowable time DOES get their money back. IT IS THE LAW.

Most people who post their rescission issues here never return once they get their money back.

You'll get it back so go out and celebrate.

So I can't celebrate at least not yet. I've reached out to my credit card company and uploaded all my documents that have been requested. Now my bank says it may take up to 35 days to resolve this issue with BlueGreen. It may be THE LAW but now I have to wait yet again for this to be resolved by my credit card company.
However, if I didn't discovered this site, I would not have known what to do to get my money back and cancel the contract. So for that, I am thankful.
I will update as soon as this is resolved.
My suggestion for anyone in my shoe, follow the advise of these wondering TUG members, once you mail your registered letter and received
the date that BlueGreen received the letter, contact your credit card company and open a dispute transaction and let the countdown starts.
I wish I didn't wait 42 days to file my dispute.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Monday, March 25th will be the 45th day since I've mailed with confirmation registered mail. I am here to tell you all, that I have NOT RECEIVED
my refund. :cry:

So I can't celebrate at least not yet. I've reached out to my credit card company and uploaded all my documents that have been requested. Now my bank says it may take up to 35 days to resolve this issue with BlueGreen. It may be THE LAW but now I have to wait yet again for this to be resolved by my credit card company.
However, if I didn't discovered this site, I would not have known what to do to get my money back and cancel the contract. So for that, I am thankful.
I will update as soon as this is resolved.
My suggestion for anyone in my shoe, follow the advise of these wondering TUG members, once you mail your registered letter and received
the date that BlueGreen received the letter, contact your credit card company and open a dispute transaction and let the countdown starts.
I wish I didn't wait 42 days to file my dispute.

Don't waste your time spinning your wheels. I would contact the Consumer Protection Division of the Attorney General's Office in the State in which you are purchasing your BlueGreen Resort. They enforce the rescission law and I'm quite sure they would want to hear from you directly. Assuming you did everything correctly then they will force your refund.

My guess is there is some technical issue and this is why you haven't received a refund, i.e. Postmarked too late or mailed to incorrect address but this is something the State will investigate.

You're far more patient than I would ever be.