• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Note From Hyatt Highlands Inn

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
DW and I will be headed to Hyatt Highlands Inn for our always-enjoyable May week on the Monterey Peninsula. I received an email this week from Guest Services informing us that "the invasive portion of the villa renovation has concluded. However, the completion of all 94 units has been delayed due to supply chain and transportation issues of new furniture, fixtures, and equipment. As a result, some units will have the old furniture and equipment until the new items arrive."

The upgrades look great based on the newsletters sent to owners, but it looks like it will be luck of the draw as to whether our unit will have the upgrades or not. Regardless, it's a week on the spectacular Central California coast. Can't wait.

ChicagoDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe x2
Hyatt Highlands Inn
Renaissance Aruba
Westin Lagunamar
DW and I will be headed to Hyatt Highlands Inn for our always-enjoyable May week on the Monterey Peninsula. I received an email this week from Guest Services informing us that "the invasive portion of the villa renovation has concluded. However, the completion of all 94 units has been delayed due to supply chain and transportation issues of new furniture, fixtures, and equipment. As a result, some units will have the old furniture and equipment until the new items arrive."

The upgrades look great based on the newsletters sent to owners, but it looks like it will be luck of the draw as to whether our unit will have the upgrades or not. Regardless, it's a week on the spectacular Central California coast. Can't wait.
What newsletter and when did you receive it? We’re owners, but I don’t recall receiving anything from HHI.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
We stayed there around Christmas. It was the same decor as we've seen before. Since the units don't look tired or dated in any way, I wouldn't care in the least if I got an old or new unit. I'd still head to Monterrey Fish as stop #1 and bring back loads of seafood to enjoy with the area's outstanding wine.

Produce from Castroville and Gilroy. KPIG radio. Outstanding wine. Surrounded by classic cars.

What's not to like?

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What newsletter and when did you receive it? We’re owners, but I don’t recall receiving anything from HHI.
I get an electronic newsletter twice each year from HHI and HPP. Timing is usually in June and November, but not always.

ocdb8r

TUG Member
Reaction score

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there around Christmas. It was the same decor as we've seen before. Since the units don't look tired or dated in any way, I wouldn't care in the least if I got an old or new unit. I'd still head to Monterrey Fish as stop #1 and bring back loads of seafood to enjoy with the area's outstanding wine.

Produce from Castroville and Gilroy. KPIG radio. Outstanding wine. Surrounded by classic cars.

What's not to like?
Hi Scoop,

We are headed there in a couple of weeks, can you give me your shopping list of places to grab great food to bring back to the Hyatt?

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
@SteveinHNL
Pezzini Farms, Castroville; Pierce Ranch Winery, Monterrey; Monterrey Fish Company (Pier B); right next door to the fish market, there's an abalone farmer; Garlic World, Gilroy; and the farmer's markets -- just Google where and when, they're all worth it. The wineries and farms around Santa Cruz are worth the time to get there. And tune it to KPIG while you're there.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score
@SteveinHNL
Pezzini Farms, Castroville; Pierce Ranch Winery, Monterrey; Monterrey Fish Company (Pier B); right next door to the fish market, there's an abalone farmer; Garlic World, Gilroy; and the farmer's markets -- just Google where and when, they're all worth it. The wineries and farms around Santa Cruz are worth the time to get there. And tune it to KPIG while you're there.
Thanks @ScoopKona! Great info as always! Looking forward to our stay!!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just a quick note to say that all of the units have received the upgrades, which include new furniture in the living room, new flat screens in the bedrooms and living room, and new kitchen appliances. It all looks great and is certainly an improvement. We enjoyed a great week at Highlands Inn last week, with great weather and those beautiful surroundings.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Just a quick note to say that all of the units have received the upgrades, which include new furniture in the living room, new flat screens in the bedrooms and living room, and new kitchen appliances. It all looks great and is certainly an improvement. We enjoyed a great week at Highlands Inn last week, with great weather and those beautiful surroundings.
Glad to hear that. We will be staying there as Hyatt owners for the first time in late June and are looking forward to the remodeled units.

Best regards.

Mike

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.

It's a beautiful place, loved the views from our unit of the ocean. We exchanged in. Beautiful place and area. I can see us going back via exchange in the near future, but those deposits have been rare lately.

I hope they get those chimneys cleaned. I have mentioned before that Rick checked the chimneys and they were extremely dirty, dangerously so. He mentioned it to the front desk. He has been cleaning chimneys for 41 years. The area around the damper had a large amount of soot, which is an indication that the upper part of the chimney that is cooler will have even more of a buildup. This should be a standard annual practice for a timeshare in the woods.

SteveinHNL

TUG Member
Reaction score

What's not to like?

A few posts above this, @ScoopKona has a post about a lot of great places to get food when staying there. I took him up on the abalone farm on the Pier, and we bought a lot of oysters at the local grocery store at a good price to pop on the grill. We always love having a few meals at the Monterey Fish House. Experiences vary from good to super, but there just aren't many restaurants with their kind of menu, and at their price point. We like casual dining and this one fits.