• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean landings racquet club cocoa beach beach fl June 2-9th - 545$

LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 22, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day

Jazdddy

Reaction score
Ocean landings resort racquets club timeshare week cocoa beach fl on beach June 2-9th available rent out 1 bedroom suite 2 queen beds and pull out in living room sleep up to 6 people..only 545$ for whole week!

Can do PayPal with purchase protection or any other way buyer wants safe like that I’m open to…also have rented Multiple people on here all successfully!

JRollo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Ocean landings resort racquets club timeshare week cocoa beach fl on beach June 2-9th available rent out 1 bedroom suite 2 queen beds and pull out in living room sleep up to 6 people..only 545$ for whole week!

Can do PayPal with purchase protection or any other way buyer wants safe like that I’m open to…also have rented Multiple people on here all successfully!

Resort fees on top?

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score

I am not sure who you have rented to on here but there is no such thing as purchase protection for real estate transactions on PayPal.

Jazdddy

Reaction score
been using PayPal 15 years. There is no such thing as “real estate transactions for PayPal lol the choice is friends and family or purchasing an item whatever is and that one has purchase protection for buyer.. I’m open to any payment though buyers choice.. I say this because I want the buyer to be safe I like to inform to be careful as a good seller
I am not sure who you have rented to on here but there is no such thing as purchase protection for real estate transactions on PayPal.

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
been using PayPal 15 years. There is no such thing as “real estate transactions for PayPal lol the choice is friends and family or purchasing an item whatever is and that one has purchase protection for buyer.. I’m open to any payment though buyers choice.. I say this because I want the buyer to be safe I like to inform to be careful as a good seller
A simple Google search will take you to this page on the PayPal website. You are not the first person to show up on this site and offer PayPal protection for rentals. There is no such thing. Even if you select another option, should the buyer file a complaint, they will have to show what was purchased in order to make a claim.

"Payments for the following are not covered by PayPal Seller Protection:

• Real estate, including residential property.
  • Businesses.
  • Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft, and boats.
  • Significantly Not As Described claims
  • Item Not Received claims filed by a buyer directly with their card issuer.
  • Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
  • Industrial machinery used in manufacturing.
  • Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards.

To learn more about PayPal Protection, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal Seller Protection Program.

Jazdddy

Reaction score
A simple Google search will take you to this page on the PayPal website. You are not the first person to show up on this site and offer PayPal protection for rentals. There is no such thing. Even if you select another option, should the buyer file a complaint, they will have to show what was purchased in order to make a claim.

"Payments for the following are not covered by PayPal Seller Protection:

• Real estate, including residential property.
  • Businesses.
  • Vehicles, including motor vehicles, motorcycles, caravans, aircraft, and boats.
  • Significantly Not As Described claims
  • Item Not Received claims filed by a buyer directly with their card issuer.
  • Items prohibited by the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy.
  • Industrial machinery used in manufacturing.
  • Items equivalent to cash, including prepaid or gift cards.

To learn more about PayPal Protection, click Legal at the bottom of any PayPal page, then click PayPal Seller Protection Program.
I asked PayPal on customer service and they said it Would not fall under real estate even if timeshare has a deed as im renting it out short term rental it’s more vacation rental which would fall under PayPal’s buyer protection that’s what PayPal told me when I spoke to them on phone but You learn something new every day.. thank u for showing me .. what would u suggest to accept as payment .. I’m open to anything I just thought PayPal was safest for buyer as opposed to cash app Venmo etc

WorldT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I asked PayPal on customer service and they said it Would not fall under real estate even if timeshare has a deed as im renting it out short term rental it’s more vacation rental which would fall under PayPal’s buyer protection that’s what PayPal told me when I spoke to them on phone but You learn something new every day.. thank u for showing me .. what would u suggest to accept as payment .. I’m open to anything I just thought PayPal was safest for buyer as opposed to cash app Venmo etc
Unfortunately, payment systems that fall under direct transfer such as PayPal and venmo would not have those kind of protections. If PayPal customer service says otherwise, tell the person to email you what they just said (so you can have it in writing).
Payments made via credit card will generally have protection from thr credit card company. I don't remember how credit card companies treat payments that go through PayPal vs other processors such as square.
Another option is going to be to list it on other third party sites who will handle the payment. But that comes with hefty fees for both the renter and owner.

Edit: I found the answer to what I was looking for. If a credit card (not debit) is used in the PayPal transaction, the renter can open a dispute through the credit card company as they would for any other dispute. They just can't open it directly with PayPal. For the life of me, I don't know why anyone pays for anything with a debit card anyway.

Last edited:
LAST MINUTE RENTAL POSTING LIMITS
You may offer or request weeks beginning no later than
June 22, 2024
Maximum asking price in public posts is $800/week or $115/day