• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Rescinding MVC trust

ACBC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
I am in the process of mailing my letter. I do not see a contract number only beneficial interest numbers. Is this acceptable?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of mailing my letter. I do not see a contract number only beneficial interest numbers. Is this acceptable?

Just send them a copy of the contract attached to your rescission letter. They'll figure it out.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
When I rescinded I just sent them the numbers of the different beneficial interests I purchased and the purchase date and it worked out just fine.

ACBC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Just send them a copy of the contract attached to your rescission letter. They'll figure it out.

Ok. Thanks. Unfortunately I mailed it last night. Hopefully it will be ok. Another stupid question...
I also know it said "in writing". Do they expect it to actually be written out or just our signatures written in pen?

ACBC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
When I rescinded I just sent them the numbers of the different beneficial interests I purchased and the purchase date and it worked out just fine.
Thank you. That is what I did. Hopefully it will work out.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thanks. Unfortunately I mailed it last night. Hopefully it will be ok. Another stupid question...
I also know it said "in writing". Do they expect it to actually be written out or just our signatures written in pen?

It can be written or typed as long as any buyer who signed the purchase agreement also signs the rescission paperwork.

Hopefully you mailed it via USPS Certified Mail. BE SURE to retain your copy of your PS Form 3800 (dated Certified Mail mailing receipt).

ACBC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
It can be written or typed as long as any buyer who signed the purchase agreement also signs the rescission paperwork.

Hopefully you mailed it via USPS Certified Mail. BE SURE to retain your copy of your PS Form 3800 (dated Certified Mail mailing receipt).
I did mail it certified and recept requested too. Thanks for you help.

Last edited by a moderator:

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
My contract for a points purchase also had an email you could send notice to...it was located in the same section as the mailing address for recissions. I suggest you send an email to that address as well with the same info you had in your letter...you can even let them know that you sent the letter by post also. It doesn't hurt to double up in this case.

ACBC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
My contract for a points purchase also had an email you could send notice to...it was located in the same section as the mailing address for recissions. I suggest you send an email to that address as well with the same info you had in your letter...you can even let them know that you sent the letter by post also. It doesn't hurt to double up in this case.
Thank you. I will check and do that also.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your title says MVC trust but this post is in the Vacation Village forum...

ACBC

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana
Your title says MVC trust but this post is in the Vacation Village forum...
Sorry, I am new to this. I do own a week at Vistana and a flex week. It was the flex week that they talked us into converting to Marriott vacation trust.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I am new to this. I do own a week at Vistana and a flex week. It was the flex week that they talked us into converting to Marriott vacation trust.
This is also not the Vistana forum. Vacation Villages is a completely different timeshare system.